Votes: 0 0.0%
  • always analog

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • depends on the situation

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
I completely understand and agree I share the same respect for the owner of the table as I would imagine if not careful the technique could cause some serious damage to a fine table.

Also I was able to get a recording of me pulling off some bang backs on Black Hole, please excuse the quality of the video as I don't own any video capture equipment or a tripod and all the recording was done on my phone. There are three saves total in my video and I did them in about a 15 minute span of playing but don't worry the video is edited down for viewing purposes. Also to keep with the spirit of the thread I was using the analog stick.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLt-q2ofglE

Holy crap!

One of my gripes with the nudge on TPA is that I didn't think Death Saves or BangBacks were possible, not with the stick anyway. Looks like I just haven't got the hang of it yet. It sure would help me with Black Hole!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I completely understand and agree I share the same respect for the owner of the table as I would imagine if not careful the technique could cause some serious damage to a fine table.

Also I was able to get a recording of me pulling off some bang backs on Black Hole, please excuse the quality of the video as I don't own any video capture equipment or a tripod and all the recording was done on my phone. There are three saves total in my video and I did them in about a 15 minute span of playing but don't worry the video is edited down for viewing purposes. Also to keep with the spirit of the thread I was using the analog stick.

I think this is the first time that I've called for video evidence on a claimed feat in a video game where someone actually delivered the goods.

Sir, the field is yours! Well done!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ive got 1 kickback/death save I always try but nothin....then during a really good ball drained on the left I yelled "NO!" and flicked the L analog QUICK! a piece of my thumb just grazed it for a super flick i guess? but it hopped up and on to my right flipper and caught it. I think it was FH or CV I was drinking :) Oh...ANALOG!!!

12 Oz Mouse

Aug 3, 2012
I think this is the first time that I've called for video evidence on a claimed feat in a video game where someone actually delivered the goods.

Sir, the field is yours! Well done!

Thank you for the kind words! :D I am just happy I could show others that it could be done.

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012

I was playing Black Hole just now, and sure enough, I managed to perform 2 bangbacks, consecutively in fact, both from the left side (unlike the video). I was however, using the d-pad. How you can do this with the stick is beyond me. Nothing I do with the stick produces a nudge with anywhere near enough force to pull off this manoeuvre.

So, to answer the question posed by the OP, I use both: Analogue stick to avert SDTMs, D-Pad to attempt bangbacks/deathsaves. I don't use it at any other time (like lane switching or shot adjustment etc) like some of these wizards do.

Members online

Members online