Request Nvidia 3d Vision Support

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
This got my hopes up. I would love to play this game in 3D Vision. I play Pinball FX 2 a lot of the time, and the extra layer of immersion with the 3D implementation just adds so much to the overall experience. Mentaur's input made me go all "YES!", while "goforthewall"stated that the newer drivers didn't activate 3D Vision for the beta. Bummer. :(

Still, looking forward to these next couple of days. 3D or not I'm sure it will be a blast! :D
Thank you for making this happen FarSight! Mike and everyone else on the team are simply amazing!

-INTELi7

okay, I got it working fine using "Nvidia 3D Play" (which doesn't rely on the 3D Vision glasses or dongle (pyramid) and longer). It works at full speed (60fps) with all options turned up / on in TPA's and the graphics card's settings. the effect is a little disappointing though, because it *only* gives you depth. strictly speaking this is the correct way of doing realistic 3D, since you shouldn't have things pop out at you beyond the parallax window, but I would have still preferred an effect that has half the table sticking out of the TV and the other half inside. I can get this kind of effect using the TV's built in hardware 3D converter. ironically this suits my 3D taste better. the biggest gripe with my setup though is that it's using passive polarized 3D which effectively halves the horizontal resolution by half. with a game that relies so much on crisp 2D textures it's enough to put you off completely... I think I'm going back to full 1080p 2D mode from now on ;-)

JesseL

Oct 10, 2012
I've got a full Lightboost 2 monitor+shutter glasses set and I'll be sure to comment on how it looks later today.

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
Got it working perfectly with tridef on my wife's i7/gt540 laptop. Had to set ball reflections to low and disable post processing for performance, but it looks amazing, no problems at all.
It literally adds another dimension to the tables, people playing in 2d have no idea what they are missing. All of a sudden I'm noticing a lot of details I never noticed before, like the bride of Frankenstein and the hilarious way her head moves when she speaks.
I hope it will work on my XP system tonight.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
it looks amazing, no problems at all.

can you alter the 3D parallax plane in Tridef? Nvidia 3D Play would not allow me to do this, thus the 3D effect was restricted to depth and no pop-out... Also, aren't you seeing a serious graphics degrade using a passive monitor? Only shutter glasses preserve the resolution. Passive is usually halved, which is definitely obvious in this game, using so many flat textures!

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
goforthewall >

I got 3D Vision working perfectly with the latest nvidia drivers. I have the "Asus VG278H" 3D Vision 2 monitor.

You mentioned you was limited to depth only. Did you mean that you couldn't alter the convergence (like it's locked), or is the camera angle or the game itself limiting the desired "pop out/convergence" effect (based on your own preferences)? Perhaps I'm completely out of bounds here, but since you mentioned that you got 3D to work with "Nvidia 3D Play", do you mean you wasn't able to activate 3D Vision on a 3D Vision monitor? I'm asking because I'm not sure if you're only intending to use the extension (Nvidia 3DTV Play) to play on a 3D TV since this is what you prefer, or if it's due to not being able to activate 3D Vision on a 3D Vision monitor.

The drivers I'm currently using are 331.65. They toggle 3D Vision perfectly. I've successfully adjusted convergence so that the table (close half, camera angle #1) has a very significant popout effect without any disturbing artifacts. I'm running everything maxed, PP : On, and forced anti-aliasing in Nvidia Inspector (32x AA, Transparency AA + 8x Supersampling AA. No blur). I've also applied slight luma sharpening, bloom and tone adjustments through "SweetFX". It all comes to life now. ;)

I love it so far. Can't wait for DX11 with better lightning, HDR, and hopefully some higher res textures for the tables and perhaps also for the background environment.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
goforthewall >

You mentioned you was limited to depth only. Did you mean that you couldn't alter the convergence (like it's locked), or is the camera angle or the game itself limiting the desired "pop out/convergence" effect (based on your own preferences)? Perhaps I'm completely out of bounds here, but since you mentioned that you got 3D to work with "Nvidia 3D Play", do you mean you wasn't able to activate 3D Vision on a 3D Vision monitor?

My problem is the following:

I used to be able to use Nvidia 3D *Vision* driver with the unofficial USB dongle emulator (software), since the way Nvidia handled the dongle situation was practically Hardware DRM. (My original USB dongle broke down after warranty!) Recently Nvidia patched the USB dongle emulator and thus the only option apart from buying a new dongle is using Nvidia 3D *Play*. This worked right off the bat, but will only let my change depth (F5 and F6 keys IIRC). The convergence setting keys (F3 and F4) don't respond at all! (This is using the newest drivers for my GTS 450 graphics card.) In the end it's not really worth it, since I'm using a passive 3D LG TV with polarized glasses and that is very detrimental to the vertical (horizontal?) resolution, since it is halved...

Any ideas?

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
can you alter the 3D parallax plane in Tridef? Nvidia 3D Play would not allow me to do this, thus the 3D effect was restricted to depth and no pop-out... Also, aren't you seeing a serious graphics degrade using a passive monitor? Only shutter glasses preserve the resolution. Passive is usually halved, which is definitely obvious in this game, using so many flat textures!

When I use the proper 3d mode (not the zbuffer based turbo mode) combined with automatic depth planes, I can set 3d depth to maximum as well as add some pop-up.

No problems with detail, tridef has an interlace option which combines full resolution l/r images. HDMI cannot handle full resolution 3d images at 60hz anyway. Also the part that your eyes are focusing on will converge, showing you full detail for both eyes combined. So far I prefer passive over active.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I'm not sure where you get your info, but HDMI spec 1.4b (from Oct, 2011) officially added support for 3D at 1080p/120hz (60hz per eye). Just a heads-up...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.