Android - Bug Observed Bugs in Twilight Zone (v1.7.0 BETA)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
just to reiterate. I just definitely got the yellow skill shot, yet the standard goal did not register. This is on beta 02

I'm clearly a noob. I was trying to do the yellow skill shot during the Super SKill Shot door panel. I didn't realise the goal was achieved by just a standard plunge!!!! No wonder it is the first goal! I didn't receive the usual banner on screen saying goal achieved but it did register behind the scenes.

HOF force closes PA everytime on TZ. I tried installing some android debug loggers, but nothing shows up.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
How bizarre...ok ill have to test this on a nexus 7.

Ah ok, unfortunately dont have much time to check the general forums =) ill point Mike in that direction, he would be the man to ask for sure about the pro mode stuff.

I've got the latest file on both an Asus TF101 and a Nexus 7 - crashes the same on both, whenever the Hall of Fame button is hit at the end of any table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've got the latest file on both an Asus TF101 and a Nexus 7 - crashes the same on both, whenever the Hall of Fame button is hit at the end of any table.

I can confirm this same behavior on the Galaxy S III as well with Beta03 installed. Pressing the Hall of Fame button crashes the game 100% of the time on any table.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok, well i wonder if its a server thing, since when you press on the hof button it hits up the server...tried it on 6 devices so far and fine o_O

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok im going to post one more build with the skins back on, darker texture in place, ghosting fixed, and i have made a small change that might help performance with the new ball tech that has to do with texture compression.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If you zoom in during Table Exploration and don't zoom out before hitting the back button, the fly over camera will remain zoomed in and will not reset to the default setting until you start a game or exit the table. This happens 100% of the time on the Galaxy S III.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
are you guys doing the hof button test on a clean install? wondering if its a bad save file or something

It was happening to me (toshiba thrive, ics 4.04) 100% of the time on beta 1 and beta 2 and even after I clean installed beta 2 a 2nd time to do some follow up testing that was suggested. I'm not saving or restoring save files and its a full delete and installation each time followed by a power down and restart before opening the new installation.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I did a clean re-install after wiping all table and save data.

hof still crashes.

On the plus side ESS Family mode now enables
Fun and Easy Time saving devices, LOL

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
well im going to grab my nexus 7 and clean install to it tomorrow to see if that might show the issue...other than that im baffled

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
well im going to grab my nexus 7 and clean install to it tomorrow to see if that might show the issue...other than that im baffled

you said it was connecting to a server......... just thinking out aloud. Are you connecting internally to your network? Have you tried it from home? Can you try creating a new generic user account and logging in as that and trying it. wondering if your login has some special perms which allows HOF to work.

minds you - I still don't know what HOF is, so I might be way off the mark.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
ok, well i wonder if its a server thing, since when you press on the hof button it hits up the server...tried it on 6 devices so far and fine o_O

I can also tell you that when using the leader boards and scrolling through the table leader boards until I get to the HOF points leader boards that I'm about 88% confident that my HOF points total hasn't changed from the last public release despite having accrued points on TZ and during beta testing. In the past, the beta tables have always added to this total.

I can see my high score on TZ in the on-line leader boards ... its just the HOF points on-line that don't change.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed that but I thought I read over in the parent thread that some one had 3-4 days ago.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
not off the mark at all, i did think of that and tried my cell that connects outside (wifi was off).

ok found another issue that im going to need to fix but I have to take off, ill get you a build as soon as I can in the morning. Have a good evening/morning folks.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
not off the mark at all, i did think of that and tried my cell that connects outside (wifi was off).

ok found another issue that im going to need to fix but I have to take off, ill get you a build as soon as I can in the morning. Have a good evening/morning folks.

Thanks Ryan...now get some rest.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I took a closer look as to how the TPA Gumball Wireform Habitrail looks, and I think there may be a problem with how the wireform has been rendered where it goes from the half loop to the sharp right angle.
Unless the rail is just for "visual look" and when coded the ball actually follows a ball path coded into the game (I think vPinMAME tables had this feature for getting balls to travel on ramps and things).

The visual mesh and the collision mesh are completely different. So what you see doesn't actually affect where the ball goes.

I haven't gotten a ball stuck, but I think I know something that could cause it. I'll look into that tomorrow.

N

Nik Barbour

and just to be clear Nik, you were seeing slowdown on other tables than just TZ with the beta 2 right?

Since the TZ beta's I've played very little other than Twilight Zone - I'll put ver02 back on and do a test play through all tables trying to induce lag.
Work beckons first though - I'll report back in 9hrs.

Re:- Real ball reflections - Don't forget the 'off' option (or wait till April '13 - phone upgrade time).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.