oculus rift support?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
hi guys ^^

so yesterday I got my oculus rift

Have been toying with it all day today, really awesome stuff

then it came to me, what about pinball???

Is there any word that pinball arcade will run on oculus rift in the (near?) future?

I know it runs on gear vr so maybe?

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
atleast Stern TPA will use it (announced). BTW, Farsight, when we'll hear update about STPA release on steam? - only last month of the fall remains and here was NOTHING about STPA in last newsletter!

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
indeed zen pinball has vr support (3 tables) and zaccaria also vr support, never played this one but I'll give it a try

for the stpa in newsletter, I thought the same stuff, they said fall and fall is coming to an end...

As john snow would say, winter is coming ^^

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I am a big Pinball Arcade Fan, got a Rift recently and cant wait for TPAs Rift Support. Dont like most Stern Pinball tables much, but having Stern Pinball Arcade on the Rift soon would be stunning. Since there doesnt seem to be a fix date for the release, I needed something else instead. I dont like ZENs tables at all, so I searched on the internet back and forth for anything else. And finally I found something: Future Pinball. This game doesnt seem to have many fans. You need a bit time to understand how it works and tweak everything And you will find out that some tables do not work at all on the Rift. You will also find out that the physics are pretty far away from Pinball Arcade quality (bu still ok) and there is also a lot of aliasing, BUT the immersion is just stunning!! Couldnt believe how great it is. The game and the tables are free btw. Given the fact that most tables are 3-4 years old, not optimized for Rift support and built by community members, the quality is pretty fantastic. I bought the Rift for Assetto Corsa and it is really fun, but the future pinball experience catches me the most. If it is allowed, I could share some links to you guys, if you are interested in testing this game. At the moment I have a lot of Fun with Funhouse, Batman TDK and the incredible fantasy table that looks and feels like it could exist as a real pin: RoboCop.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Youll find some of the guys are pretty familiar with future pinball but feelfree to share any links you might have i dont think its ever been an issue... heh

you might wanna look into zaccaria pinball i believe it has vr support but someone might wanna correct me on that! they are/were an italian company who have some quirk designs and lots of drop targets and weird shots...you can try it for free on mobile i think? a great collection if you like late 70s to early 80s type tables.

welcome to the funny farm btw

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply! I checked Zaccaria a bit, it is not my kind of pinball game. I love to play the real tables from 1990-now, in real and on pc.
To get the good Future Pinball on Rift experience, you need 3 links:

The Game
http://www.futurepinball.com/

The Rift Mod:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/

The tables:
http://www.pinsimdb.org/

You need to register on pinsimdb.org to be able to download anything. As I said, some table just do not work. Never managed to get any good Addams Family table to work, just the anniversary version which isnt close to the original table. I dont like it. I can highly recommend Slamt1lts "Ultimate" tables. 90% of these work just perfectly. He has an own page with newer table versions. But I didnt check these versions yet, since those on pinsimdb just work great for me. There are other pages that provide tables for future pinball but I didnt care for these yet. Not sure if any of these tables provide Rift support.
If you know any table with good physics that run smooth on the Rift, just let me know.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
Zen VR is up to 8 tables with the season 1 dlc and the walking dead table gets released in 3-4 days. And while I didn't like a lot of their tables before I will say they are all incredible in VR, absolutely awesome.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
For future pinball using bam in VR

You can get almost all of them to run smoothly if you turn off your monitor resolution way down to like 1024x768 and you absolutely have to turn vsync OFF on future pinball and in the bam menu or your frame rate will never be very good, within the BAM menu turn your prerendered frames to -1 AA needs to be off or on x2 at most and then most importantly make sure your using the FP original setting and not new renderer in the lights menu. And then in the future pinball (not BAM) video options switch quality to medium and under rendering options make sure the following are NOT checked ; render game room, back board reflection, mirror playfield into ball, super nice crystal, non power of 2, disable gls sliders, with those boxes unchecked and model quality on medium you should get absolutely butter smooth results, also remember to update your osvr (steamvr) to the newest beta. I'm running a i7 3.20 12 gigs of ram with a gtx980ti gpu. Hope this helps. Oh and use Addams family gold it's a pretty good one, you'll find that since FP doesn't use roms for the game logic that most all of the tables have re written rules and are quite a bit different than the originals.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
Also if you start a table and it's not coming up in the rift open bam in game and find the main menu then select addons and switch force arcade mode to ON and it will then pop up in your headset

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Hey Nate,
the TAF Gold 2.5 was one of the tables I wasnt able to load. Just found out that I had to uncheck "Load Image into table editor" in editor options. Now I can run any table I tried. Just have some minor issues left. The TAF Gold 2.5 disappointed me a bit, to be honest. The non-Gold versions is the table I played most, in real life and on Pinball Arcade. So it is why I know pretty exactly how the physics work and should feel like. I tried different physics and just found out that I do not like this table much, although I activated Tour the Mansion in my first game. In addition this table contains some minor bugs, i.e. I wasnt able to catch any Extra Ball despite they were lit and I hit the thing ramp a couple of times. I am pretty thrilled by Funhouse, RoboCop, Attack from Mars and Twilight Zone at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts