Official Announcement.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
what Kolchak said in another thread , there are lots of Gottlieb and Stern tables from 1965 to 1990 that were really good . I played on a lot of them while growing up .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
come on everyone let`s put a smile on our dial !!!!:) who thought we`d have 100 tables when we started ? not me !!! I`m so so so happy with all these tables , I thought bloody 20 tables and I`d be happy !!:) look at it this way we`re still going to get tables , I can`t wait for the next lot of tables . with TPA , ZEN and ZACCARIA I have over 200 tables !!!:cool: what else could a boofhead like me ask for ? :cool:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
come on everyone let`s put a smile on our dial !!!!:) who thought we`d have 100 tables when we started ? not me !!! I`m so so so happy with all these tables , I thought bloody 20 tables and I`d be happy !!:) look at it this way we`re still going to get tables , I can`t wait for the next lot of tables . with TPA , ZEN and ZACCARIA I have over 200 tables !!!:cool: what else could a boofhead like me ask for ? :cool:

Sorry, but I can´t put a smile on this. If I would transfer my current feelings about all this in words, I maybe would be in danger, getting trouble in this forum.
Furthermore I cannot see a reason to be devoted in thankfulness. So I better express it in icons: :mad::mad::mad: If I will lose my bought Williams/Bally tables, TPA will be deleted.
So I hope, that we will keep the already bought tables in TPA and FS will release new Stern-tables. If so, my mood will Change into a jollier one.;)

Last edited:

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Actually, they could still disappear if the servers hosting the tables are shutdown (Farsight goes bankrupt), or rather, you won't be able to redownload them if you need to.

Also, Switch owners got majorly screwed. The game was pulled from the eShop just a few hours after release and when it returns it will not have the Bally/Williams tables.

A few lucky folks bought a few seasons before it was pulled. They are the only ones that will ever have access to those tables on Switch. Those are some valuable Switch accounts.

Furthermore, EVERYONE will lose Tales of the Arabian Nights on platforms where that table is the free table as it is not available for purchase.

Interestingly, on PS3 and Vita TPA is a $10 app, there is no free version, and it comes with TOTAN, RBION, ToM and Black Hole. So that will have to be delisted and replaced with a new app or just delisted and forgotten.

In either case, people who got the base app for PS3/Vita when it was offered through PS+ (like myself) will need to buy the app to ensure they will always have access to it - something you can't do while currently subscribed and you cannot out a subscription on hold just to buy a game before June 30th.

It's possible that anyone who got it through Plus will lose the access to the app when it is delisted, even if they have it on their system, unless they managed to buy it at a later date. If not, it may still be possible that ir can no longer be re-downloadesd if you let your sub lapse.

In either scenario, people on PS3/Vita would have no way to play any of the DLC they bought for the game.

All speculation on my part, we have zero answers.
First world problems much?

The faq implies if you buy, it’ll be there on the server down the road.

Flipperkoning

May 26, 2015
They had one look at Stern Pinball Arcade and said no way are they going to ruin our reputation like that, I bet it's not about money

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Sorry, but I can´t put a smile on this. If I would transfer my current feelings about all this in words, I maybe would be in danger, getting trouble in this forum.
Furthermore I cannot see a reason to be devoted in thankfulness. So I better express it in icons: :mad::mad::mad: If I will lose my bought Williams/Bally tables, TPA will be deleted.
So I hope, that we will keep the already bought tables in TPA and FS will release new Stern-tables. If so, my mood will Change into a jollier one.;)
Silverball , only way we will lose the tables we got is if they go bust . also down at my place at Tweed Heads I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 , no internet and I have been playing TPA and Zen offline for the last 3 years . I bring the consoles up to dads place every so often to download new tables . :cool:but the PS4 and XBOX 1 X only some tables play offline .

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Reminds me of the Game Room on the Xbox360, you had this little company called Krome that was trying to maintain the game while Microsoft was supposedly providing the licensing. People would rage at Krome for bugs/glitches and for not having "X" game in it. It had games from the Intellivision, Atari 2600, Atari and Konami arcade but people would scoff at paying $2-3 for every game when they could just MAME everything. When I messaged some of the arcade license holders, most said they had no interest in selling their product at such a low price point, you will see now many charge $4-5(Namco-Dig Dug/Pac-man ie.), $8(Hamster-Bubble Bobble/Crazy Climber ie.) and Konami($5-10 for TMNT/X-Men/Simpsons arcade). I would LMAO if whomever has the Bally/Williams' license would bring in another developer to make digital versions of their tables and then charge $5+ for every table. Oh, so you want Addams Family table, well, to offset the cost of licensing that will be $10-20 for it then.:p

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This is sad. Funny, I feel like the cmplainers made this happen. They all want this perfect game, when in reality, these people worked their asses off to try and bring consumers all they could, which for all the different platforms, could not have been easy. I mean with all the negative reviews on iOS alone, how could people possibly expect these guys to stay in business to fix everything. Its just a game and for a few bucks a table, I have no regrets having boight all of them, if not for any other reason, to support these guys for making it so I can play classic pons on my phone. All in all I hope they figure things out and finish strong. God bless Far Sight studios, nobody else had the gusto to put this idea in action, so kudos to them.

I think it’s an unfair stretch to the playerbase to say “the complainers made this happen’’. All video game companies have to deal with complaints. To be frank, if a company can’t handle negative feedback from their consumers, then maybe they’re either doing something wrong or even in the wrong business...but it’s kind of a moot point since this licensing issue for Farsight was not the result of poor sales due to complainers.

The iOS reviews haven’t slowed the app down. It’s still the first thing that pops up when you search for pinball which means plenty of people are spending money on it. Also anyone can download it for free and demo every single table, so the reviews really aren’t going to matter, especially since everyone knows to take free app reviews with a grain of salt anyway. The proof is in the pudding at that point.

kane11

Aug 26, 2012
I hope that another company will continue TPA and purchase a license, let's face it, farsight is the most obsolete company possible.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Gutted. :(

I guess there's still hope for Freddy (Gottlieb) or Tales From the Crypt (Data East/Stern).

But knowing there is no chance for RollerGames, Special Force or Dirty Harry... such a huge bummer. :(

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
This is why they should of released a physical version after season 7 had finished!, least that way anytime in the future there would have always of been a disc based release with all the tables on

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Well hopefully we see a few more Gottlieb, Data East, Sega, and older/newer Stern releases. Plenty of good Gottlieb EMs and wouldn't mind RoboWar or Genesis.

But if they need some new blood got Capcom still (Pinball Magic, Big Bang Bar, Breakshot), Spooky Pinball (Total Nuclear Annihilation), Heighway Pinball (Alien, Full Throttle) who just went bankrupt (so cheap license???), and American Pinball (Houdini).

For me though any additional new tables from now are just bonus. I've got my moneys worth with TPA.

peckda

Sep 29, 2012
Furthermore, EVERYONE will lose Tales of the Arabian Nights on platforms where that table is the free table as it is not available for purchase.

I don’t believe this is anything more than speculation, but I would like to see Farsight comment.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Well hopefully we see a few more Gottlieb, Data East, Sega, and older/newer Stern releases. Plenty of good Gottlieb EMs and wouldn't mind RoboWar or Genesis.

But if they need some new blood got Capcom still (Pinball Magic, Big Bang Bar, Breakshot), Spooky Pinball (Total Nuclear Annihilation), Heighway Pinball (Alien, Full Throttle) who just went bankrupt (so cheap license???), and American Pinball (Houdini).

For me though any additional new tables from now are just bonus. I've got my moneys worth with TPA.

I already mentioned this in a different thread, but you can pretty much count out any modern pins from Heighway, American Pinball, Spooky, Jersey Jack, and even Stern, due to them all using giant LCD screens for their displays. There's no way TPA would be able to handle that, especially on mobile platforms.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
PS3 and Vita have both the 4-game $9.99 version and the 1-game free demo version.

https://image.ibb.co/dQqtuS/2018_05_09_03_46_38.jpg

I just downloaded it on Vita. it had a massive 2.8GB update, then I tried to download my tables and they wouldn't work. Neither the Season 1 bundle or the individual packs worked. They actually redownloaded the table data for each pack and when I check the app's file size it was much bigger. Even so, "My Tables" remains greyed out, I checked under Seaaon 1 and it asks me to unlock the table. Restarting the app did nothing.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, I was looking at my PS4 purchases and my Season 4 Pro and Season 7 Pro passes are marked as purchased but have a greyed out "Purchase" button instead of the blue "Download" button like they should. I haven't played around with them yet but I plan on testing everything I own for TPA on PSN over the course of this month. It's already looking like this is going to be problematic.

I strongly suggest that everyone starts checking to make sure everything they purchased (for any system) is marked correctly and properly redownloadable now, especially if you have PSN content. PSN has always been a mess. You don't wanna wait until after the deadline to try fighting with this stuff.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.