Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Dr. Dude

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
WRT nudging: think about how you nudge a real table, vs. how it works in TPA.

Typically you are nudging at the corners of the table, either with one hand or with two. So the nudge is either going to be diagonal up/right, diagonal up/left, or fully up. There's also shaking, particular useful if you're trying to coax a ball out of an outlane.

In TPA, nudging left/right is more like standing at the side of the table and pushing; wrong!

So first off all nudging requires some kind of "up" component. And please no "down" nudging like you can do with an analog stick on a controller!!

The amount you can nudge is determined by two things:
1. Tilt sensitivity of the table itself (both hardware (tilt sensor) and software (# of warnings) settings).
2. Physical table set up - how loose/firm are the legs, what kind of floor is it on, and so on.

I can see those two things being tweaked, and that's a step in the right direction, but really what is required is a complete overhaul of how nudging works.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
They really need to add a difficulty mode in regular play too. Not just tournaments. Keep the present difficulty for each table, label as "normal" and add a "hard" mode.

My wife and I are playing some tables with house rules - auto drain the first ball, only keep every other extra ball. Pinball just should not be that easy!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
read the first post this is a new mode for the base game, not for the actual tournament run

we know know tpa is tuned easy, but that appeals to the mass market more! i dont see whats so hard to understand?

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Am I the only one who finds Medieval Madness plenty difficult enough as is?

The largest issue MM has, although it's not the only one, is that you can farm Extra Balls forever with relatively little risk. I think it deserves a spot on the poll list, although I didn't personally vote for it this time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
TZ(should be the first one done)
Creature
Scared Stiff(battle of attrition, skill shot, way easy ramps)
Monster Bash
Funhouse
High Speed(way too easy to hit that ramp)
AFM
Medieval Madness

I think the ramps on just about every table are a bit too easy. The flippers on early era tables are probably too strong as well. I'm totally on board with decreasing nudge strength and increasing tilt sensitivity.

night

May 18, 2012
says the guy who increased zaccaria from 3 to five balls to extend his admittly short games! lol

Heretic, I worte "All tables should be tuned as close to reality as possible, that's what a pinball simulation is all about."
Zaccaria was far from finished not too long ago, making the gameplay too brutal, often impossible in nature. Now it's damn great. But you know how long we have been stressing on Zac's physics. I tweaked the hell out of that app! (and I did play tons of 3 ball games for sure). :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
yes, i get that man but thing is the base game is what it is, this is something new something im surprised we even get a chance to have this first run will be a test to see if people will enjoy the new settings. going over the 3 year old this is too easy debate is a waste of time, id implore you and others to be subjective and pick what really does need it for now. if this goes well we will see them all done in the future hopefully.

this is are chance to get the tweaks we need no lament what the base is

night

May 18, 2012
yes, i get that man but thing is the base game is what it is, this is something new something im surprised we even get a chance to have this first run will be a test to see if people will enjoy the new settings. going over the 3 year old this is too easy debate is a waste of time, id implore you and others to be subjective and pick what really does need it for now. if this goes well we will see them all done in the future hopefully.

this is are chance to get the tweaks we need no lament what the base is

Right, I agree with you. I just made the vote.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I picked:

TZ (because c'mon, it's supposed to be a ball buster)
Creature (all the extra balls and a too easy ramp)
Scared Stiff (it just completely lacks challenge and is an endurance contest)
TAF (deserves a proper tournament mode and to be every bit as tough as TZ should be)
RBION (too easy to collect extra balls on, and ball bounce is way too predictable)
Funhouse (even though I prefer Whirlwind and Earthshaker, this one wins in the too easy category compared to IRL)
Cactus Canyon (a great tourney table that needs those settings and a few less extra balls)
NGG (again, ruined by all the extra balls)

Monster Bash almost made the cut, but then so did a couple others. My choices were more about tables I frequently see in tourneys, and tables where too many extra balls ruin the fun.

RBION-too easy to collect extra balls? Like HD3, you are limited to three extra balls per game. In TAF just the other day, I must have earned about ten extra balls.

Although the extra balls did make it possible for me to score the "Super Bear Kick" bonus.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
RBION-too easy to collect extra balls? Like HD3, you are limited to three extra balls per game.

You are not only limited to 3 in RBION. My bigger issue with the table though is how predictable the bounces are. Off the top of my head I can't remember the sequence anymore, but I showed a friend a 5 bounce combo off sling shots and such that had the same result 9/10 times. And there are a bunch of them on RBION. Makes sense, as it was part of the initial 4, which is why I'd rather it have a complete tuning overhaul but will take difficulty instead since I know that's not going to happen.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I don't understand why Bride of Pin*Bot is on the list. It's a one-shot game, and getting the Billions really involve luck instead of skill.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
A bit disappointed to see that votes are going more to popular tables than to the longest ones. For AFM a top is less than 3 hours and u're already limited on EBs. Compared to many tables where u can play forever with EBs (CBW, T2, HS, BoP)...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I don't understand why Bride of Pin*Bot is on the list. It's a one-shot game, and getting the Billions really involve luck instead of skill.

see kiddo this isnt about populaorty but more cinforming to ehat a table is irl bop is fair,y easy irl too buttttt its not as fun because of the grind you always complain about

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
A bit disappointed to see that votes are going more to popular tables than to the longest ones. For AFM a top is less than 3 hours and u're already limited on EBs. Compared to many tables where u can play forever with EBs (CBW, T2, HS, BoP)...

3 hours is a short pinball?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i knew this **** would be a culsterfeck be thankful its not all 50 plus there will be a second round so vote wisely...none of this nexon bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online