Official Twilight Zone News

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
People dropping their pledges... :( Maybe they think they don't have to try so hard now...

Disappointing.

For whatever reason a lot of people are holding back or hedging their pledges because they don't think we can make the stretch goal. Of course, collectively they are precisely the reason why we may not reach the stretch goal. In the end a second kickstarter will be created to makeup the difference. The rewards (if you care about such things) will be half as valuable but ST:TNG will be made one way or another.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Sounds like the Magnavox Odyssey, the very first home video game console ever. You also had to put overlays on the t.v. screen to be able to play certain games, much like early arcade games like Star Castle and Boot Hill.

Video Pinball (arcade) did that too. I'm not sure if it's the odyssey. I don't think that had Jai Alai. I know one of the Coleco Telstar consoles had it, as well as the simplistic light gun game.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
For whatever reason a lot of people are holding back or hedging their pledges because they don't think we can make the stretch goal. Of course, collectively they are precisely the reason why we may not reach the stretch goal. In the end a second kickstarter will be created to makeup the difference. The rewards (if you care about such things) will be half as valuable but ST:TNG will be made one way or another.

Hiya,

My disappointment was largely at people dropping their pledges despite the update confirming the signing of the TZ contract. People moaning that FarSight haven't kept people updated (despite 7 updates so far in a month long Kickstarter) and even though Jay is there, pictured, actually signing the contract to say "this is locked in and we're bringing it to you" and with our support we could also bring you ST:TNG, people are reducing or even cancelling their pledges.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I think this has to do with that there are merely 7 days or so left before the kickstarter closes and the number is still far short of the anticipated 110.000$. I can see many people thinking: "So why donate even more money when it's unlikely that the new goal will be reached, meaning that there's going to be another kickstarter specifically for TNG anyway?"

And to be honest... I'm with them, a little. Why should I pledge NOW for the TNG table when I can do it just as well a few weeks later? And get one of the rewards? Besides, we won't get the game earlier because of that, so where is the need to be hasty?

Either way, the required number for TZ has been reached, the contract is signed, the FarSight people probably are already sitting at their desks getting the table ready right now. From my point of view there's not much point in pledging more.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I think this has to do with that there are merely 7 days or so left before the kickstarter closes and the number is still far short of the anticipated 110.000$. I can see many people thinking: "So why donate even more money when it's unlikely that the new goal will be reached, meaning that there's going to be another kickstarter specifically for TNG anyway?"

And to be honest... I'm with them, a little. Why should I pledge NOW for the TNG table when I can do it just as well a few weeks later? And get one of the rewards? Besides, we won't get the game earlier because of that, so where is the need to be hasty?

Either way, the required number for TZ has been reached, the contract is signed, the FarSight people probably are already sitting at their desks getting the table ready right now. From my point of view there's not much point in pledging more.

IMO, if people would stop lowering/removing their pledges they would probably already be well over 70K. If there was more of a steady climb I think you would see more new pledges because you get BOTH tables with just a $10 pledge if the stretch goal is reached, which is pretty nuts. I just don't get the sentiment that there should be a separate kickstarter instead of striving for the stretch goal. If it was to be reached, I feel like people would be a lot more receptive to a different kickstarter campaign (down the road of course) for The Addams Family or Indiana Jones: TPA. As it is, if they have to run another kickstarter shortly after this one to make up the difference for Star Trek TNG it seems to me that even if it makes it's goal, there will definitely be kickstarter fatigue from TPA players and another kickstarter for a different machine down the road would stand less of a chance.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
It would be a heck of a lot smarter if people just pledged what they are willing to pay or can afford under the assumption that the stretch goal will be reached. Failing to pledge because you don't think the stretch goal will be reached pretty much amounts to self-fulfilling prophecy. People can always lower their pledges at a last moment if they absolutely must.

YES, anything above the $55,000 raised for TZ will be applied to the license for ST:TNG and YES, Farsight will start a new kickstarter to make up the difference if this one fails to reach its stretch goal and NO, that is in no shape or form a better option that simply funding it right now and getting twice the bang for your buck.

Last edited:

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I do not think people are pulling their entire pledge, I think people are lowering their pledge because the goal has been met and they feel we may not reach the stretch goal. If we do not reach the stretch goal, then we get no reward for funding beyond the original goal ... and that there is what is killing it. I have pledged 100.00 but I can assure you, if on June 16 it looks like we are no where near where we need to be, I am cutting that pledge in half and saving the 50 for the next kickstarter to get a reward. So I ask others to not pull or cut their pledges yet, wait it out please.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I pledged $100 as well but I am quite interested in getting access to the operators menu so my pledge will stay the same (or go up) regardless.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Or go mess about in VP :)
I think they'll have to do a 2nd KS for ST:TNG....and why not? This KS was for TZ after all.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Well....Someone's been very generous... Big jump on the KS... let's hope they're serious..

Yeah, it looks like somebody just donated 5,000 bucks! Hopefully it's the real deal. I hope the news will spread to other Trek fans that might want to see TNG added to the game. I don't think people will want to start another donation drive if they can't make the 110K goal. I'd like it if they pooled the money and got the rights to use La Grange for The Getaway. Hopefully ZZ Top won't charge too much for it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Right now? 375. You can see the number by accessing the main Forum page and looking at the bottom (by where it shows how many people are logged in). Those are now real member numbers, as all the spammers were removed (there were a ton of them, well over 100 at one time).

It's cool to see we've gained over 100 new members in the short time since you posted that. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It's cool to see we've gained over 100 new members in the short time since you posted that. :)

I'm very satisfied with the traffic this forum receives considering it's only been up and running a total of four months now.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
According to Kicktraq there's been two straight days of people cancelling their pledges. . . .June 13 -$150 and June 14 -$117. I hope this trend doesn't pick up now that we're so close of ending the Kickstarter. I fear this trend might put in jeopardy future license kickstarters.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Don't think they've cancelled as such - Looks like a lot of people have downpledged to the $25 level looking at the number of them...

EDIT:
But I don't think it's the last of it happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts