Opinions on DLC pack #1 vs pack #2

N

Nik Barbour

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...n-and-close-the-gate-from-the-lower-playfield

It's getting fixed though (it'll be in the upcoming iOS update).

I can't play BH on xbox anymore, since getting the fixed android version.
Plays so much better without gate closing on contact with lower pop bumper.
Can't wait for xbox to get its BH fix - and I want dlc4 so bad, BK is awesome, there is something about drop targets that are so satisfying! & CFTBL is great too!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I can't play BH on xbox anymore, since getting the fixed android version.
Plays so much better without gate closing on contact with lower pop bumper.
Can't wait for xbox to get its BH fix - and I want dlc4 so bad, BK is awesome, there is something about drop targets that are so satisfying! & CFTBL is great too!

Agreed. I can't get enough drop targets!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Cirqus Voiltaire and Bride of Pinbot are both amazing dude! Cirqus is worth it alone just for the amazing look and lighting of the game (matched only by Arabian Nights IMO). Pinbot is the funnest table on the whole service IMO. Nothing is more satisfying than transforming the bride and then landing billionaire shots over and over. Kickass music and theme for both tables. Cirqus is hard as hell though, just a fair warning.

Get both packs, best 10 bucks you'll ever spend. If there is any pack so far to skip, honestly, it's the Monster Bash one. I love Monster Bash, but I think Creature Feature is better and Gorgar is just God awful sorry Gorgar fans, I hate that table with a passion. And don't think I'm a hater of early 80's tables, I'd go nuts for Xenon and I can get into the original Black Knight too.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Bride of Pin*Bot and Medievil Madness is the most obvious pack to get if you want some fun classic tables which are easily accessible.

I'm a huge fan of Funhouse, but it's much more of a grower in this game, ditto Circus Voltaire which is very hard to keep the ball in play unless you're confident with the tilt system. Given how huge and expansive Pack 1 is it should give you plenty of fun trying to unlock the goals, whereas I fear if you start off with pack 2 then you'll have two games that seem awkward on first glance that you'll find difficult to get into.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
While both packs have their charms, personally I'm more fond of Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse. CV was extremely buggy in its earliest versions, but on 360 it's currently doing pretty well, and is by far the most visually spectacular table of the lot, with its interactive neon lighting. And TPA's version of Funhouse is just great. For some reason this table never grabbed me in Pinball Hall of Fame, but in TPA it's become one of my absolute favorites.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
the only thing I wish for is the ability to skip through the overly long DMD animations

“Well come to the side show. I'm Sideshow Sam.”
DuN0V.gif

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
nope, cv makes you wait...

except home roms i think...

that said i don't mind it toooooo much (it'd be better if we could, thats for sure)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just wish the option was there to skip, like it is in TOTAN.....if I need a break, I just hit the pause button :)

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The most annoying are Highwire multiball locks. What's funny is when you get a sneaky lock, not only do you have to sit through the whole sneaky lock animation, then the ball lock animation lol.

But guys, you can skip the animations after you've completed one high wire or juggler multiball. Just mash on the triggers, you can cut down the animations considerably.

Oh and the Amazing Roonie can go **** himself lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.