Options for continuing TotW

What would you like the future of TotW/TotM to be?

• Let's do Zen TotW next

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Let's do TPA TotW all over again

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Let's mix Zen and TPA

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Let the community put together TotW themes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Let's stop with TotW but keep monthly tourney

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Let's just stop entirely

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Ok cool. Hope you guys decide to pipe in mor offten, its funner around here when you do :). I will post the thread this weekend, that gives me time to make a spreadsheet or look into the google groups thing.

Would you want to announce the winner/ top ten on your podcast? Also if its not too much trouble would you be willing to reopen a couple table of the week threads per week leading up to the tourney just to keep it kinda freash in peoples minds? Btw a big sincere thank you for doing the TOW all this time. I was too bogged down by life to play sometimes but I enjoyed it :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, I can reopen whatever and we'll make the usual announcements in the podcast. And for once I can be eligible for a prize!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Also we could use different tables if you guys hate some or all the ones I chose. Other Zaccaria era machines in tpa are Victory
City of Gold
Goin Nits
F2K
Black Hole
Centaur
Black Knight
Fire Power
High Speed
F14

I'm not likely to play, so feel free to ignore this, but that set of tables is about the worst you could do in attracting players. City of Gold, Goin Nuts, and Black Knight may well be the worst 3 tables in TPA, and the others aren't anything special either. At the very least, Genie, Space Shuttle, and Pinbot would be better choices from the Zaccaria era. But more generally, any tournament focusing on a limited era will have limited interest.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I'm not likely to play, so feel free to ignore this, but that set of tables is about the worst you could do in attracting players. City of Gold, Goin Nuts, and Black Knight may well be the worst 3 tables in TPA, and the others aren't anything special either. At the very least, Genie, Space Shuttle, and Pinbot would be better choices from the Zaccaria era. But more generally, any tournament focusing on a limited era will have limited interest.

Just so you know those were possible alternate choices, I was contuing my idea from a couple posts back. To clarify the list I am thinking of was:
Pinbot
Big Shot
Space Shuttle
El Dorado EM
Haunted House
Gorgar
Xenon
Genie

I know limiting the era may limit intrest for some, but if the point is to win the Zac code and kinda "celebrate" its PC release, then I think it works as most likely someone who wants the code will like these pins.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This kinda is the point of letting others come up with what they'd like to do for a month. Let's throw ideas at the wall and see what people respond to. And I don't mean in comments beforehand, but in actually trying the tourneys and commenting after. I had so many people question what and how I was gonna to TotW / TotM before it started, and even after the first 2. Then people settled in and had a good time. If all we worried about were what tables would generate interest, the same batch would get picked every month and then that would get boring. It's fine to be skeptical, but let's be supportive too.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Just so you know those were possible alternate choices, I was contuing my idea from a couple posts back. To clarify the list I am thinking of was:
Pinbot
Big Shot
Space Shuttle
El Dorado EM
Haunted House
Gorgar
Xenon
Genie

Ha, okay, I did misread that and this list is much better. Carry on. :)

(Although I still think TPA's Haunted House is terrible.)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
(Although I still think TPA's Haunted House is terrible.)

Ha! This one got a couple mentions on the "what table would you destroy" thread also lol :p. Would you guys prefer Black Hole instead?

Still getting this fully thought out. I was going to have score entry be from the last Friday of the month til memorial day evening that following Monday. The 3 day weekend window might give more people a chance to play since there will be twice as many tables.

Also I want to allow etra balls on atleast some of the tables. Any opinions on what tables should dis allow extra balls if any?

I asked SYT to reopen a couple TOTW threads, I will post there to let you guys know when they open.

When I get the last few details figured and the score entry set I will post a thread.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Most of those tables actually can allow extra balls, since they're harder to go infinite on, since most only allow one stacked EB. The exceptions are Space Shuttle and Pinbot, but Pinbot is hard enough to take infinite anyway (you have to score 10M per ball.) Only Space Shuttle really needs to disallow them.

Haunted House actually might be preferable to Black Hole for a tournament as a better skill tester. Black Hole is just too easy with any type of EB rules.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
^ hey thank you for the input man. What you say makes sense. That right outlane is so nasty on Spaceshuttle PC version (to me anyway) I think the extra balls might be ok on there. Is it better on other platforms?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I've only played PC.

I can avoid that right outlane enough to go infinite with EBs on Space Shuttle, though not many players can, maybe the top 10 or so overall. Up to you whether you want to worry about that or just allow EBs for it anyway.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I haven't commented on this, as I didn't look into this specific thread any more. I think there might be others like me as well. 8 tables is quite a lot to play, but then there is more time for it.

If you need support on the Excel Sheet thingie, I can surely do that, as it doesn't sound overly complicated. Just let me know.

As SYT said, the current sheet won't work for this, it is VERY customized for the specific format of the TotM.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I haven't commented on this, as I didn't look into this specific thread any more. I think there might be others like me as well. 8 tables is quite a lot to play, but then there is more time for it.

If you need support on the Excel Sheet thingie, I can surely do that, as it doesn't sound overly complicated. Just let me know.

As SYT said, the current sheet won't work for this, it is VERY customized for the specific format of the TotM.

Hey [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION], that would be great if you could help me out with the spreadsheet! Let me know what you need from me, I would be glad to enter stuff manually and add up final scores, but the more of it that can be automatically done the better. You already know what you are doing obviously, thanks for offering your help!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'll send you a PM, [MENTION=4407]Snorzel[/MENTION].

/edit: Actually I can't send you any PM, as your mailbox in the forum is full.

Snorzel has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.