OSX Version 4.1.1

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
That's awesome!

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to completely waste our time at trying to help.
Best of luck in your future endeavors in that state of denial mindset. :)

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
That's awesome!

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to completely waste our time at trying to help.
Best of luck in your future endeavors in that state of denial mindset. :)

The FIXES needs to come from Far Sight..
After 11 posts, 3 e-mails and 2 posts on FB Far Sight should respond...
Far Sight wrote the software and they are ones required to deliver the FIXES..
If it was a minor bug then I wouldn't be critical but since the advised bug totally locks up the Mac and the only way to recover is to pull the AC cord..
This is a major bug and needs to be fixed..
My beef is with Far Sight, to totally ignore the multiple posts and subject e-mails indicate either...
They don't care...
Or don't read the forum
Or their e-mails
Or posts on FB

It only takes a couple of minutes to respond, even if they simply advise a target date for the fix.
30 days is adequate time to fix the bugs..

Now I have to get back to playing my Zen pinball tables.. :cool:

Thanx for your remarks...

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
They have responded
They also put out updates to correct things 2 weeks ago
Multiple members have pointed these out to you already

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
slowdowns and sudden accelerations, I can only see them on the 13" MacBook Pro. The 17" MBP doesn't have the bug.

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
They have responded
They also put out updates to correct things 2 weeks ago
Multiple members have pointed these out to you already

Yes...
They have responded...:rolleyes:
Unfortunately, their FIX caused other issues..
4.2.0 did fix the lost tables and restored Dracula, but the other crucial issues of CPU slowdown and total system lockup remains..
Before releasing a FIX, it needs to be debugged completely..
To rush out something without thorough debugging/testing justs creates more issues.
My recommendation to Far Sight, is that prior to submitting an update to Apple for posting in the App Store why not have some of the loyal FS followers do beta testing.
And then after their confirmation that the bug is FIXED then forward the update to Apple for posting...

Just for the record...
Software validation is our primary business, and we do this for certain large clients who are significantly larger than FS...

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
My new 21" IMac still has it on 4.2 I firmly believe that FS will eventually make OSX awesome!

I don't know why you would believe that. The mac version is a sloppy, no frills port of the iOS version that has had core engine performance bugs for over a year.

Yes...
They have responded...:rolleyes:
Unfortunately, their FIX caused other issues..
4.2.0 did fix the lost tables and restored Dracula, but the other crucial issues of CPU slowdown and total system lockup remains..
Before releasing a FIX, it needs to be debugged completely..
To rush out something without thorough debugging/testing justs creates more issues.
My recommendation to Far Sight, is that prior to submitting an update to Apple for posting in the App Store why not have some of the loyal FS followers do beta testing.
And then after their confirmation that the bug is FIXED then forward the update to Apple for posting...

Just for the record...
Software validation is our primary business, and we do this for certain large clients who are significantly larger than FS...

The slowdown issues have been in place since Mavericks was in beta like 13 or 14 months ago. I've given up hope of Farsight actually fixing it unless they completely redo the OS X version from the ground up. As it is, the mac port feels like a cheap cash grab.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
about nudging buttons, actually I found out that there are Z (Y for my keyboard) and / buttons for nudging left/right.
This is like a pain in the ass if you play with the keyboard .. but .. on pinball device it's 2 seconds to configure (it's powered with an IPAC 32 and I use MacIPAC to configure it)
Anyway, now I have my pinball device with all buttons working.
So, thanks Farsight !

Jay

May 19, 2012
I see the "slow down" as others have reported for previous versions. I'm playing on minimum graphics settings on a brand new i7 Mini.

I tried locking it to 30 fps, and that made the problem far worse for me. I'm using a new MacPro, so I'm certainly not lacking in the graphics department. But every table (for the past four versions or so) has had that weird slow-down problem that happens every few minutes and lasts about two minutes each time. It really does make the games nearly unplayable. My iOS devices, on the other hand, run the tables just fine. I wonder if FarSight is spreading itself too thin with too many platforms.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.