PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #1 - Electro-Mechanical (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Electro-Mechanical Tables

• Abra Ca Dabra (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • Apollo (Williams, 1967)

Votes: 60 25.0%
  • Atlantis (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 107 44.6%
  • Buckaroo (Gottlieb, 1965)

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Centigrade 37 (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 109 45.4%
  • Dimension (Gottlieb, 1971)

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • Fast Draw (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 82 34.2%
  • Flip a Card (Gottlieb, 1970)

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Gigi (Gottlieb, 1963)

Votes: 40 16.7%
  • High Hand (Gottlieb, 1973)

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • Hokus Pokus (Bally, 1975)

Votes: 85 35.4%
  • Jacks Open (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • Jet Spin (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • Jumping Jack (Gottlieb, 1973)

• King of Diamonds (Gottlieb, 1967)

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • King Pin (Gottlieb, 1973)

Votes: 70 29.2%
  • North Star (Gottlieb, 1964)

• Royal Flush (Gottlieb, 1976)

Votes: 107 44.6%
  • Royal Guard (Gottlieb, 1968)

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Sky-Line (Gottlieb, 1965)

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • Slick Chick (Gottlieb, 1963)

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • Space Mission (Williams, 1976)

Votes: 99 41.3%
  • Space Time (Bally, 1972)

Votes: 47 19.6%
  • Spin-A-Card (Gottlieb, 1969)

Votes: 28 11.7%
  • Spirit of 76 (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 112 46.7%
  • Stardust (Williams, 1971)

Votes: 48 20.0%
  • Star-Jet (Bally, 1963)

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • Surf Champ (Gottlieb, 1976)

Votes: 88 36.7%
  • Wizard! (Bally, 1975)

Votes: 129 53.8%
  • World Fair (Gottlieb, 1964)

Votes: 40 16.7%

• Total voters

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
im usually for older tables but i doubt anyone would consider a virtual humpty dumpty worth playing, never mind buying.

didnt farsight mention once that the 60s was a cut ofpoint for what most people generally consider modern day pinball?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yay Space Mission and Space Time (I've played the 2p version, Time Zone, and that was a hoot :D)!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Glad to see not many Slick Chick picks. I hate those wide flipper, controlled drain tables. Dimension looks especially interesting, except for those microflippers. Not one vote by me for any tables made before the 70's.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I did vote for Slick Chick. Never played it and while I too am not a big fan of mini flippers, I figure if it is rated #1, I would love to see what the hype is all about.

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
So, so glad to see Fast Draw on this list. I grew up on this machine in the mid-70's, and now am a proud owner of one. Would love to see it make the cut here. For those of you who haven't voted yet - please allow me to pimp it a little:

- Great drop target game with a unique feature on the drop targets where once you get down all 10, just the middle black horseshoe targets pop back up and score 5000 each. One of the most challenging shots in EM games at the time was to get to this point and then hit both drops in one shot. This would be an obvious wizard goal for the table.
- Great bonus system where you can get up to 45k bonus on the last ball. Love hearing the EM score reels racking up a huge bonus followed by the "POP" as you hit score values that awared specials.

Happy with many on this list, but most happy with this one.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
... Love hearing the EM score reels racking up a huge bonus followed by the "POP" as you hit score values that awared specials. ...

TPA needs to have better EM sounds. I swear Big Shot has bonus counting bugs, but I'd have to record video to be sure.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
So, so glad to see Fast Draw on this list. I grew up on this machine in the mid-70's, and now am a proud owner of one. Would love to see it make the cut here. For those of you who haven't voted yet - please allow me to pimp it a little:

- Great drop target game with a unique feature on the drop targets where once you get down all 10, just the middle black horseshoe targets pop back up and score 5000 each. One of the most challenging shots in EM games at the time was to get to this point and then hit both drops in one shot. This would be an obvious wizard goal for the table.
- Great bonus system where you can get up to 45k bonus on the last ball. Love hearing the EM score reels racking up a huge bonus followed by the "POP" as you hit score values that awared specials.

Happy with many on this list, but most happy with this one.

Fast Draw was and is one of my all time favorite EM tables. The small town I grew up in Montana featured all Gottlieb machines and Fast Draw was one of my all time favorites. It was a one quarter machine or if someone left a couple of credits, then it was a free play machine.

Spike Forehand is right about this machine. It was so sweet to get to the two horseshoe targets. It was a great way to rack up big points for that machine and an easy way to win a game for me. Getting the two horseshoe drop targets on one shot was the big cherry on top of a sweet table that is called "Fast Draw".

Wished you lived closer Spike Forehand. I really would like to play that game again. Maybe it will be the the top one or two on the list. I would think only the first couple may make it to a future table pack.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Howdy Fellow Forum Members,

Here are my top ten EM machines that I will probably pick. I am waiting for a look at the poll on 15 June to see what the vote has been so far. As you notice all but one of the machines that I probably will pick are Gottlieb 1970's tables. The reason being is that I played all of the Gottlieb machines in real life and they were all brand new when I played them. Gottlieb was the only pinball machines that were carried by the amusement company that supplied the machines to my small Montana town.

Some of the videos were very painful to watch because the pitch of some of the demonstration machines were so level. The amusement company that set-up the Gottlieb machines in my home town always set them up with a pretty severe pitch. The legs at the top of the machine were usually screwed out to the max position, while the legs by the drain lanes were screwed in all the way. When I was a kid, I would put the bottom legs of the machine on top of my shoes so that the play-field was more level.

Here are my top ten which are ranked by how much fun they were when I played them IRL.

1. Fast Draw
2. Jet Spin
3. High Hand
4. Jumping Jack
5. Atlantis
6. Royal Flush
7. Jacks to Open
8. Spirit of 76
9. Surf Champ
10. Space Mission - Never Played but looks fun.

As you can see I like drop targets. Jet Spin doesn't, but heck the spin target you have to hit and the target you have to push in all they way are two other features that I like in pinball machines from that era.

If I could put ten votes on one table, it would be Fast Draw. As stated above, I love that table.

mooch

Apr 10, 2012
Centigrade 37, Fast Draw, Hokus Pokus and Jacks Open are my favorites.

Would like to have seen Volley in the list.

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
Wished you lived closer Spike Forehand. I really would like to play that game again. Maybe it will be the the top one or two on the list. I would think only the first couple may make it to a future table pack.

If you ever get to Vegas, they got the two player version "Quick Draw" at the Pinball HOF, along with a bunch if the other Gottlieb's on this list.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
If you ever get to Vegas, they got the two player version "Quick Draw" at the Pinball HOF, along with a bunch if the other Gottlieb's on this list.

Thanks for the info Spike Forehand. I did not have any desire to go to Las Vegas until I learned of the PHOF there. Now it's the one place in the country I really want to visit.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
I respect those that like these types of tables. It's not for me though. I can't get into Big Shot, Central Park, Genie etc. It's not for me. What got me interested in pinball was the game Frontier By Bally as well as Firepower, Black Knight where after school I would go and spend very little by getting specials and play for hours. That's nostalgia for me.

I can't get into those games or Firepower or Black Knight. I do love space shuttle though. I remember as a kid I really liked pinball but I can't name a single table that I played (if I was at an arcade and in the mood for pinball I would just pick whatever look interesting). Although I did think the ones with all the intricate moving parts were neat. I'm waiting for the polls that come after this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts