PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #5 - Gottlieb/Premier (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Gottlieb/Premier Tables

• Big House (1989)

Votes: 72 22.5%
  • Bone Busters Inc. (1989)

Votes: 103 32.2%
  • Cactus Jack's (1991)

Votes: 112 35.0%
  • Class of 1812 (1991)

Votes: 181 56.6%
  • Cleopatra (1977)

Votes: 45 14.1%
  • Count-Down (1979)

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Cue Ball Wizard (1992)

Votes: 170 53.1%
  • Devil's Dare (1982)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Diamond Lady (1988)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • Frank Thomas' Big Hurt (1995)

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Genesis (1986)

Votes: 69 21.6%
  • Gladiators (1993)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Haunted House (1982)

Votes: 221 69.1%
  • Joker Poker (1978)

Votes: 99 30.9%
  • Lights...Camera...Action! (1989)

Votes: 110 34.4%
  • Mario Andretti (1995)

Votes: 61 19.1%
  • Mars God of War (1981)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Operation : Thunder (1992)

Votes: 90 28.1%
  • Rescue 911 (1994)

Votes: 130 40.6%
  • Roller Disco (1980)

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Shaq Attaq (1995)

Votes: 68 21.3%
  • Sinbad (1978)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Solar Ride (1979)

Votes: 44 13.8%
  • Spirit (1982)

Votes: 73 22.8%
  • Street Fighter II (1993)

Votes: 144 45.0%
  • Surf 'n Safari (1991)

Votes: 91 28.4%
  • Time Line (1980)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • TX-Sector (1988)

Votes: 105 32.8%
  • Volcano (1981)

Votes: 51 15.9%
  • Wipe Out (1993)

Votes: 131 40.9%

• Total voters

Steven Lucz

Oct 12, 2012
Bone Busters Inc.
Catcus Jack's - Dancing Cacti
Cleopatra - EM-style machine with a neat bonus system
Cue Ball Wizard - This one has some big captive balls to push around
Haunted House - Great multi-level machine for a single-baller
Operation Thunder
Rescue 911 - The helicopter toy looks pretty awesome
Street Fighter II - I'm a fan of Street Fighter (given Car Crusher is made more difficult to succeed in)
Surfin' Safari
TX-Sector - Incredible Soundtrack

I would've liked to see Night Moves in this poll since Gottlieb/Premier did make both Night Moves and Carribean Cruise, but was distributed by International Concepts to sell as a cocktail pinball investment franchise to home-owners.

Spring Break has an undocumented ROM revision that adds a dipswitch setting to disable the instant multiball play to make it play normally each ball. TNT Amusements' Todd Tuckey did a video on a spring break regarding this.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
What do they mean as premier tables? at first I thought it said Premium tables and would honestly say that there wouldn't be that much trouble getting licensed. There doesn't to be that many pins by Gottlieb that stands out to me even in TPA. The only table that I had any inclination of playing was Black Hole even then I don't play Black Hole that much if at all.

I digress I'm not familiar with many of these table so I would have to go with what looks interesting/Challenging and yep mutl-ball is a must with the exception of Count-Down. That said there isn't that many that really caught my eye. Only voted for 6

Count-Down - I'm not a big fan of single ball tables or anything pre 1980 but this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1AGhyHU6Kk explains the tables simplest rules. I like table that require accurate shots.
Lights...Camera...Action! - There's something about this pin that looks interesting to me.
Operation thunder - Looks interesting enough. I guess the theme is what I like only because of Williams' F14 tomcat.
Rescue 911 - Perhaps I like the toy Helicopter on it but the table looks interesting enough.
Street fighter II - well I always love Fighting games and the game looks interesting enough.
Wipe out - I think they tried to capture the fun of whitewater. Actually looks fun.

Steven Lucz

Oct 12, 2012
What do they mean as premier tables? at first I thought it said Premium tables and would honestly say that there wouldn't be that much trouble getting licensed. There doesn't to be that many pins by Gottlieb that stands out to me even in TPA. The only table that I had any inclination of playing was Black Hole even then I don't play Black Hole that much if at all.

Premier is the company who bought out Gottlieb when they first went bankrupt around 1984 and continued to make machines under their name until 1996, you might see the slogan "The Premier name in pinball" as well as their name and logo on Gottlieb pinball machines and flyers after 1984.

dscf0355.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2013
So how does this work?So out of the 10 most picked they will be definitely be made or just the top 3 or what ever does anybody know for sure.I have been voting on the others too but i am still not sure

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Went more for the old school tables:

Cleopatra
Count-Down
Devils Dare
Genesis
Mars God of War
Solar Ride
Spirit - My favorite of the batch
Timeline
TX-Sector
Volcano

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
So how does this work?So out of the 10 most picked they will be definitely be made or just the top 3 or what ever does anybody know for sure.I have been voting on the others too but i am still not sure

Here's a link to the main thread for all six polls. These are fan polls designed to let FS know what the fans would like to see in TPA. They are not official.

On the plus side, one poll winner—Flight 2000—has already been released. Some other winners/runners-up are expected soon. The results of this series of six polls will be visible on 6 September.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/320-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-Poll-5-Gottlieb-Premier-Is-NOW-OPEN-August-4-August-17!!!

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Bah! Doing the voting on my ipad before going to sleep was a bad idea, any way you can change votes? I totally did not vote on Joker Poker & Spirit (which looks awesome) :(

Steven Lucz

Oct 12, 2012

Really all these polls are for is to visually show which tables are the most wanted by the TPA community, these polls aren't officially made or approved by Farsight Studios so it doesn't have anything to do with which ones are going to be released in the near future... it only gives an idea on the popular demand of each machine.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I pledged my support to Joker Poker. Very good game. Sad when you look back at the playfields how many of them are just so incredibly similar. Gottlieb tends to have their staple layouts just like Williams and Bally has their design elements that you expect to see more often than not. It's just that Gottlieb tends to put them in the same places.

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
Love these threads. For a person far from real pinball they are also very educational to get to know new tables.

Cleopatra
Count-Down
Cue Ball Wizard
Diamond Lady
Joker Poker
Lights...Camera...Action!
Operation : Thunder - It would be cool to have some aviation themed pinball in TPA.
Rescue 911
Solar Ride
TX-Sector

I would really like to cast my vote on Volcano, theme is interesting, gameplay looks fun, but I'm not fond of it's art and some design choices seem a little strange. Checked spinner.. Why!?

Belgarion

Apr 17, 2013
We need some votes for the hard licences such as big hurt, shaq, sf2!
Big hurt is certainly my favorite table, every baseball fan should vote for this one :)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Haunted House and Joker Poker are the highlights for me. I did end up picking ten even though I considered picking less.

Class of 1812 (1991)
Cue Ball Wizard (1992)
Devil's Dare (1982)
Frank Thomas' Big Hurt (1995)
Haunted House (1982)
Joker Poker (1978)
Mars God of War (1981)
Operation: Thunder (1992)
Rescue 911 (1994)
Spirit (1982)

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Joker Poker looks like another boring, old table.

I'd love to play Big Hurt, though. I never even knew it existed! It looks like a lot of fun.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Here's a link to the main thread for all six polls. These are fan polls designed to let FS know what the fans would like to see in TPA. They are not official.

On the plus side, one poll winner—Flight 2000—has already been released. Some other winners/runners-up are expected soon. The results of this series of six polls will be visible on 6 September.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/320-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-Poll-5-Gottlieb-Premier-Is-NOW-OPEN-August-4-August-17!!!

The Classic Stern poll in which Flight 2000 won was a poll put on by FS. They announced at the beginning of the poll that the winner would be added to TPA.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for another great poll, guys! This was a pretty easy one for me because as great as a lot of their earlier stuff was, I just can't stand the look of post-early-80s Gottliebs. : P Except Gladiators, that one doesn't look *too* ugly. ; )

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I played 6 games of Roller Disco at the Pacific Pinball Museum today. I'm not sure if they had it onsite on my other visits but I never noticed it before. It was my first time playing it. I'm pretty certain not many people are going to vote for it but this widebody table is a real beauty. Great backglass and table art and it has a really nice flow to it also.

This video gives a better look at the art then the one posted in the top of the thread:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.