Patch 1.27 NA and 1.28 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey all. Sorry about a couple of the bugs that slipped through the cracks. We were mainly focused on WMS logic. I decided to do a quick fix to get it out to you. I didn't look into the new Stern table bugs, but there's a possibility some of them might have been fixed just by some files that were updated. If someone were to confirm, that'd be great.

Patch 1.27

Bugs Fixed:
- Fixed instructions for Star Trek
- Fixed lighting in Champion Pub
- Fixed Sorcerer not starting up

It's a really small patch but important given Sorcerer wasn't working. Over the next few days, I'll be sorting through the rubble, so make sure you tell me about anything that has changed that probably shouldn't of.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Looking at the PlayStation Store, I noticed the list of Stern games on both images are flip-flopped.

Correctly titled and described, just the images of the tables under each pack are reversed.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I really appreciate that you worked into the weekend, a holiday weekend even, to get this patch out. Thanks, Tom.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Thanks Tom! Ok, here are the new bugs I noticed.

Exiting a game silences attract music on any table. Restarting a game returns the music. On first play you do hear the attract music after choosing a table and launching a game.

0% room brightness simply does not work on the Stern Tables that were made exclusively for the Stern Pinball App and ported to the Pinball Arcade. Every other table not like these has about equal darkness settings.

I'll go from best to absolutely not working.

Ghostbusters - 0% brightness looks closer to 5% brightness. Close to dark. The bulb lights however are bright like they should be compared to an earlier patch.
Star Trek - 0% brightness looks closer to 50% brightness. You can obviously tell that the lights in the room are still on.
Mustang - Same as Star Trek
AC/DC - 0% brightness looks closer to 90% or 100% brightness. The room slider does not have any effect. Wear sunglasses. :cool:

Old bugs still not fixed: Hurricane - Small transparent squares appear on bulb flashers situated on the upper part of the table.

I have no idea if the High Speed 2 transparent square bug is fixed or not. That table disappeared into the void on my end, since I didn't buy it. :p

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
First of all, I want to say thanks for the really quick update to fix Sorcerer and Champion Pub. Tom, you have been a godsend to us PS4 guys. As for the "rubble" you asked about.....

Mustang appears to have many of its initial issues fixed (thanks), but now the room brightness is WAY too high at 0%. Same for Star Trek and AC/DC. Noticeably brighter than they were in the initial release of those tables.

Persistent issues not related to the last 2 patches......

Scared Stiff still has sped-up sound. I don't know sound terminology, but it's like an...octave?....higher than it should be. Seems to be all sound on that table is sped up.

Black Knight will have most of its sound cut out while playing. It forces you to exit PBA entirely to get it back, but it will just cut out again. Does it on most of my playthroughs. Oddly enough, when the sound cuts on BK, then Cactus Jack will have no voices in the game, again requiring PBA to be rebooted to get back. Don't know why, but seem to be related somehow.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
First of all, I want to say thanks for the really quick update to fix Sorcerer and Champion Pub. Tom, you have been a godsend to us PS4 guys. As for the "rubble" you asked about.....

Mustang appears to have many of its initial issues fixed (thanks), but now the room brightness is WAY too high at 0%. Same for Star Trek and AC/DC. Noticeably brighter than they were in the initial release of those tables.

Persistent issues not related to the last 2 patches......

Scared Stiff still has sped-up sound. I don't know sound terminology, but it's like an...octave?....higher than it should be. Seems to be all sound on that table is sped up.

Black Knight will have most of its sound cut out while playing. It forces you to exit PBA entirely to get it back, but it will just cut out again. Does it on most of my playthroughs. Oddly enough, when the sound cuts on BK, then Cactus Jack will have no voices in the game, again requiring PBA to be rebooted to get back. Don't know why, but seem to be related somehow.

Just checked the previous patch thread and 0% room brightness did work for Mustang there. The table LED bulbs look better on this patch though.

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/s...NA-and-1-27-EU?p=274693&viewfull=1#post274693

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018

It's not an octave just a semitone but that is more than enough to disturb.
Not just the music pitch is higher but Elvira's voice as well.

Here is the comparison: 10 sec from old SS and 10 sec from the new SS

https://youtu.be/ud0ahusdf1Q

As you can see TPA watermark is still on the video if recorded with disc version TPA. Both S1 or S2 disc. I beg Farsight to remove that . Or put any other corner in order not to cover DMD

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
okay, I'm having a problem with that super bright table. On the AC/DC tables, if the A-X-E lanes are lit red or blue, it is practically impossible to see which ones have already been lit and which ones have yet to be lit. with the blue it is barely visible, I can make out the color with some work. Yellow and white seem to work fine, oddly enough. The red (especially) and blue need to be brighter in the A-X-E lanes.

Also, when the match comes up, the one thing you didn't fix was the player's score is way too dark, I didn't even know the score was there for comparison purposes until I matched and the last 2 digits flashed. I haven't tried the Star Trek or Mustang tables but will not play Mustang again until most of those bugs are fixed.

this seems pedantic, but I'll bring it up. On ToTAN, the DMD screen at the beginning is completely dark prior to starting the game. I thought I would have the same problem I did with Sorcerer on the last patch. Also, the Flight 2000 backglass looks odd. The match number looks like it was smashed together for some reason compared to the rest of the seven-segment displays.

Last edited:

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
Nothing seems to have changed here in the UK. Old packs still in the store and no sign of the new ones.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Mustang is completely fixed. It's nice to see that fixing certain bugs can fix other bugs for once and not the other way around.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Something about the table select screen that has bothered me for awhile now. Big Hurt is filed under F, but the table text simply reads "Big Hurt." If it isn't too much trouble, can you either change it to read "Frank Thomas' Big Hurt" or leave it as "Big Hurt" and file it under B?

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
I still can't buy any of the packs through the game, it comes up with an error message when connecting to the PS store.

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Mustang is completely fixed. It's nice to see that fixing certain bugs can fix other bugs for once and not the other way around.

Well, in this case fixing the new Sterns did break the lighting that I had because I made lighting changes for the new Stern tables in some files, but by fixing the new Stern tables, I pointed at completely different files. Thus incredibly bright tables! This will be fixed next patch.

Drathro said:
Nothing seems to have changed here in the UK. Old packs still in the store and no sign of the new ones.

Yeah, we had a deadline for SIEE, but they pushed it back for some reason. So it might take several extra days for the new DLC to pop up for Europe and for the old DLC to be removed.

Gorgar said:
Something about the table select screen that has bothered me for awhile now. Big Hurt is filed under F, but the table text simply reads "Big Hurt." If it isn't too much trouble, can you either change it to read "Frank Thomas' Big Hurt" or leave it as "Big Hurt" and file it under B?

I'll look into it. I'll go with showing Frank Thomas' Big Hurt given that sounds like the much easier path to take. That bugged me too when I first got here.

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
Has anyone noticed that some of the tables look like they have a wierd aspect ratio? It might just be me, but something looks off.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
So I bought all the newer Stern tables in SPA but they don’t show up in TPA after the new patch. Are they supposed too?

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Like everyone else here I really appreciate your work here.
Diner
The ball freezes in place before disappearing past the flippers when draining down center.

SS
Also noticed the sound especially Elvira’s voice is off(semitone too high)

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Also...
Would it be possible to have both L1,R1 AND L2,R2 control flippers at same time rather than choosing between one or other? One of our controllers we use L1 R1 the other we use L2 R2(mini controller).
Without any other use for the selected setup buttons I don’t see why it can’t be all four, leaving the option for the player while playing.
Just a minor thing but would save time having to change setup. And if I’m not around then our guests sometimes have trouble switching.

Or maybe even better yet, have an option to use L2 R2(or L1 R1) as nudge buttons instead of the stick.

Wrong place for this?

Last edited:

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
Oh boy, the localization looks very broken now. And I'm referring to the german one. Parts of the Season descriptions are completely unreadable, the others don't have any text at all.

*click*

Also the descriptions don't match
"Jetzt kaufen" ("buy now")
leads to
one Stern pack and
"Hilfe und Optionen" ("help and options")
to the other.

Also the text when trying to buy the new tables (which doesn't work and quits with an error message) looks weird: "Kaufen jetzt Kaufen" (Buy now Buy):
*click*

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
Why is the lighting different on each table? Could they not implement something that works across the board, or is it with the Stern tables being introduced that has thrown everything out of whack?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.