PBA : Free Camera Mod

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
They'd sell a lot more pro versions if it offered custom camera angles.

I already own the pro versions and I would rebuy them for this feature. It's super frustrating that someone can come up with a hack for it with just a little bit of their spare time and Farsight can't be bothered with it. Really, all they would need to do is put the camera position for each table in an .ini file and we could do the rest.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Sorry these are the licensed views as the tables were originally produced depending on body height and viewing angle of the original table design team. The can't be altered.

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
Sorry these are the licensed views as the tables were originally produced depending on body height and viewing angle of the original table design team. The can't be altered.
Im sorry if i dont understand you correctly, but from what you are saying, it makes absolutely no sense....the "licensed views" part. How can the view be licensed? With the real table you have tall, short, crouching and leaning players.

But again, i appologize if i understood you wrong

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Im sorry if i dont understand you correctly, but from what you are saying, it makes absolutely no sense....the "licensed views" part. How can the view be licensed? With the real table you have tall, short, crouching and leaning players.

Sorry, these are [insert TPA community request] as the tables were originally produced depending on [insert bull**** reason] of the original table design team. They can't be altered. © Farsight, inc.

:cool:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
They'd sell a lot more pro versions if it offered custom camera angles.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for this mod, and there is no legal issue about its implementation. This is no different than any other game trainer, except that the function doesn't allow the player to cheat and it is innocuous. Besides, it would be difficult for Farsight to attempt to continually modify their own code in a manner that would make it difficult for any third party to keep up with the changes. I mean, they can't even provide us with their own free-roam camera, much less one that can be locked and saved for each table.

I buy the pro versions mostly for the fly-by option and to support the development in a reasonable manner, short of just throwing money at them. Some things are certainly frustrating with the seeming neglect of older tables, but overall the game is an enormous value to me. That doesn't mean I'm completely content and won't still complain now and again; though, I'm not blind to how modern businesses operate and the importance of balancing priorities and resources.

Last edited:

poposchmatzer

Dec 24, 2014
I there a way to play with TPA tables using nanutech pinball wizard controller? Great when this mod pops up for cab support.

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
The private beta test phase has started, if everything goes well, the public beta release should be ready by the end of the month.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I there a way to play with TPA tables using nanutech pinball wizard controller? Great when this mod pops up for cab support.

Yes, xpadder+x360ce for now...
Official cab support will at least support the vpin controller, but I hope they make it more customizable.

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION]: Once released, would you be willing to open-source your code (even if under a license that just allows viewing and compiling, rather than editing and/or redistribution)? Folks like myself would love utilities like this, but too many people use it as an opportunity to infect others and even stuff like VirusTotal just isn't as reliable as perusing and compiling the code ourselves.

If not, would you be willing to show the code to a single 3rd party with development experience to verify a clean codebase? I'd be willing to entertain any variation on the idea so that safety and privacy are top priorities, without exposing code you may wish to keep private.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
NSA can have my pincab if they want...

You have a pincab? Careful. I heard that if you stand a specific way, you could be violating a "licensed view." Well that's what I heard. I read that on the internets.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.