PBA : Free Camera Mod

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Sorry to ask again but this wasn't answered by anyone the first time. It seems this project is well on the way to being released publicly and I m very excited for it. However, for me anyway, another pinball game could benefit even more from this type of mod. Does NoEx or anyone familiar with how this works know whether the same approach could be used for Pinball FX2 to provide a user configurable camera view? I have practically stopped playing that game altogether but something like this would breathe new life into that game...at least for me.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Sorry to ask again but this wasn't answered by anyone the first time. It seems this project is well on the way to being released publicly and I m very excited for it. However, for me anyway, another pinball game could benefit even more from this type of mod. Does NoEx or anyone familiar with how this works know whether the same approach could be used for Pinball FX2 to provide a user configurable camera view? I have practically stopped playing that game altogether but something like this would breathe new life into that game...at least for me.

Yes the same approach could be used for Pinball FX2, it depends on how the cameras are handled by the game's engine.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Yes the same approach could be used for Pinball FX2, it depends on how the cameras are handled by the game's engine.

That's great news!! Well, I have no real programming skills but this at least gives me hope that you or someone else will pick up the torch and continue this project for Zen's game. That would greatly improve their vast library of "fantasy" tables. While I prefer TPA, Zen is a nice alternative pinball game containing many tables with very deep and interesting rule sets. I enjoy both games but really don't like Zen's view choices in portrait.

Oh, and thanks so much for what you are doing with the TPA views. As you can tell, it is greatly appreciated by all!!! :)

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
That's great news!! Well, I have no real programming skills but this at least gives me hope that you or someone else will pick up the torch and continue this project for Zen's game. That would greatly improve their vast library of "fantasy" tables. While I prefer TPA, Zen is a nice alternative pinball game containing many tables with very deep and interesting rule sets. I enjoy both games but really don't like Zen's view choices in portrait.

Oh, and thanks so much for what you are doing with the TPA views. As you can tell, it is greatly appreciated by all!!! :)

Yes it's certainly possible to code such a mod on Pinball FX2 but i don't own the game and maintaining the mod updated for PBA and PBFX2 would require a lot of work.
Let's focus on PBA for now, once the mod is publicly released maybe i'll take a look at FX2 if i got time.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I appreciate all the effort your putting into this NoeX and appreciate you wanting to keep expectations realistic :). You got a steam account? maybe I could PM you see about steam gifting some PinballFX2 Tables as a thank you and for future inspiration :)

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Deleted some nonsense and followup posts. "Jokes" like that certainly don't translate well in written form, and it's also difficult to follow for others whose first language isn't English.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Have any of the beta testers noticed any glaring table issues with the free camera mod? Or do they all behave as they should? I'm going through TPA withdraw my cabinet monitor broke last week when.....something.... fell on it. Replacement comes tomorrow but until then I drool over screenshots!

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
excuse me sir but i think its only fair you go back through this whole forum and delete every joke. your have no right or at least you shouldn't, do canadians not believe in free speech? and then you have the nerve to leave a smart ass comment about it afterward? i wasn't being offensive and you deleted a legitimate question i had, I WILL NEVER ever ever leave the private pc beta forum again and i will actually steer PBA players away from this site, whoever made you an admin should lose their job.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
whoever made you an admin should lose their job.

You are talking about the guy that owns this site and makes it even possible for you to have a forum to post in. That's who put him in charge. I'll let him take it from here though...

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Nate: don't overblow this more than it is. You didn't get banned and you should know from just this member point of view that it didn't "read" funny or as a joke (and for the record, Canadians are born comedians, something to do with the cold weather ;) ). Maybe it was meant as that, fine, but that's not how it initially read. That's why when people post something like that, the tend to use those smileys to ensure the joke wasn't missed. Carry on all :)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
In its current state, it's ready to be released, no bugs have been reported recently but i'm waiting the DX11 update, meanwhile i'm adding some new features asked by the beta testers.
I want to release my mod after the DX11 update because some changes have been made on the engine and i must update my mod with it but we don't really know when it'll be released so.. maybe my mod will come earlier than expected if the wait is too long.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
In its current state, it's ready to be released, no bugs have been reported recently but i'm waiting the DX11 update, meanwhile i'm adding some new features asked by the beta testers.
I want to release my mod after the DX11 update because some changes have been made on the engine and i must update my mod with it but we don't really know when it'll be released so.. maybe my mod will come earlier than expected if the wait is too long.

Thanks NoEx! Looking forward to using your Mod.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I was wondering NoEx since the dx11 update is getting its own exe wouldn't your mod as is still work for anyone that continues to run the normal build..ie anyone thats still on Windows XP, or doesn't have the horsepower to run TPA in DX11 mode?

Very much excited and looking forward to both.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
NoEx, have you heard anything from Farsight at all, maybe about adding it as a proper feature rather then a mod? Sure you'd get your name in the credits!:D

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Has this been confirmed to work with the Oculus Rift mod yet?. I own a rift so if you wanted me to test I can??

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
I was wondering NoEx since the dx11 update is getting its own exe wouldn't your mod as is still work for anyone that continues to run the normal build..ie anyone thats still on Windows XP, or doesn't have the horsepower to run TPA in DX11 mode?

Very much excited and looking forward to both.

For now it will only work on the DX11 build, it would require too much work to maintain it updated on both versions.

Has this been confirmed to work with the Oculus Rift mod yet?. I own a rift so if you wanted me to test I can??

Yes it works with the Oculus Rift mod, the public release of the free cam mod should come soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.