PC dx11 lighting vs PS4 dynamic lighting...

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So I have the game on both platforms and I feel like the PS4 version of the game looks better overall, bugs aside. Can't quite put my finger on why... Of course, PC having 3.0 physics and portrait mode make it the superior choice regardless, and I like the lighting sliders too, but I just can't help thinking it's not quite as rich and vivid. Seems like it's not quite as sharp, either, and the screen tears badly when the camera pans...

What do you guys think?

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I don't have the PS4 version but I run the PC resolution at 2560x1440. It looks pretty dang good. Can't remember if someone said they run it at 4K.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I have both version.
For the lighting it would be good (ps4 version) to be able to tweak it like the PC version.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
This won't be the most accurate comparison but I found a PS4 1080p labeled image from Google:

PS4-FunHouse-1080p-vgo.jpg

and an image from my PC:

2015-10-03_00003_zps71xx3gbr.jpg

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
So I have the game on both platforms and I feel like the PS4 version of the game looks better overall, bugs aside. Can't quite put my finger on why... Of course, PC having 3.0 physics and portrait mode make it the superior choice regardless, and I like the lighting sliders too, but I just can't help thinking it's not quite as rich and vivid. Seems like it's not quite as sharp, either, and the screen tears badly when the camera pans...

What do you guys think?

Did you compare on the same TV/monitor?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
This won't be the most accurate comparison but I found a PS4 1080p labeled image from Google:

PS4-FunHouse-1080p-vgo.jpg

and an image from my PC:

2015-10-03_00003_zps71xx3gbr.jpg

The PC version is wildly inconsistent with looks. Some areas look smoothly and clearly rendered, while other parts are a blurry mess. Also, much of season 1 and 2 are unplayable in DX11. Sounds are better than the PS4 but still primitive. Plenty of bugs, but there's more of a chance that they're quickly addressed. The Xbox 360 version had much better sound quality. Well, before the 3-year update trashed them anyway.

The PS4 version looks a little better, but nowhere near as good as it should for a current-gen console. Sounds are horrible and the gameplay is loaded with pathetic, laughable, and apparently unfixable bugs.

Sad to say, but TPA in DX9 mode still has many advantages over the PS4 version. DX11 is too uneven to hold a candle to the PS4 version looks-wise. What good are looks if a fast-paced game like pinball is slowed to a crawl? But the better sound, table updates, and bug-fixes give the PC version the edge.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
You are probably right. The weird thing is I have a hard time going back to the Dx 9 version. Perhaps some of the graphics look better in places but the Dx 11 lighting just looks so much more authentic.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I would say that the Dx 9 PC version does have the deeper colors like the PS4. However the more advanced lighting gives the table more realism IMO.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
dx11 rules all by a mile and a half I cant believe this is even an argument, if you disagree you need a new graphics card possibly a whole new PC and probably a monitor or tv capable of high resolutions, someone said something about the game being slowed to a crawl??? LOLZ get a computer made this decade bud, I run an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and a gtx 960 2gb with all the bells and whistles I get 60fps even when using the camera mod running the dmd and score on a second screen and yes I run both off of the same GPU one via hdmi the other dvi and I have GOBS of leftover cpu power to play with, and I am usually running shadowplay in the BG on top of it all, everything about the graphics have been improved and slowly but surely a lot of those old low resolution textures are being taken care of, you might not notice when it happens and if I wasn't in the privileged position of being a beta tester and personally seeing mikes change logs he posts with every miniscule update in our private beta forum I wouldn't notice either, while I agree the dx11 version still needs a bit of refining so that it feels as polished and bug free as the dx9 version (new GUI is in the works which will help a **** ton) it is light years beyond the openGL graphics and low quality sound samples of the ps4 which I also own all available tables on and haven't played but 3-4 times since the first dx11 build became available, I only rarely turn it on and usually just as a reference. The ps4 might look better to those of you who don't have a graphics card that supports ambient occlusion as well as the newest anti aliasing methods and anisotropy based texture filtering, I wont pretend to know what half of that **** does but what I do know is that it makes TPA look way better than it did with my old 1gb GPU. Its AMAZING the difference I see with my gtx 960.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
dx11 rules all by a mile and a half I cant believe this is even an argument, if you disagree you need a new graphics card possibly a whole new PC and probably a monitor or tv capable of high resolutions, someone said something about the game being slowed to a crawl??? LOLZ get a computer made this decade bud, I run an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and a gtx 960 2gb with all the bells and whistles I get 60fps even when using the camera mod running the dmd and score on a second screen and yes I run both off of the same GPU one via hdmi the other dvi and I have GOBS of leftover cpu power to play with, and I am usually running shadowplay in the BG on top of it all, everything about the graphics have been improved and slowly but surely a lot of those old low resolution textures are being taken care of, you might not notice when it happens and if I wasn't in the privileged position of being a beta tester and personally seeing mikes change logs he posts with every miniscule update in our private beta forum I wouldn't notice either, while I agree the dx11 version still needs a bit of refining so that it feels as polished and bug free as the dx9 version (new GUI is in the works which will help a **** ton) it is light years beyond the openGL graphics and low quality sound samples of the ps4 which I also own all available tables on and haven't played but 3-4 times since the first dx11 build became available, I only rarely turn it on and usually just as a reference. The ps4 might look better to those of you who don't have a graphics card that supports ambient occlusion as well as the newest anti aliasing methods and anisotropy based texture filtering, I wont pretend to know what half of that **** does but what I do know is that it makes TPA look way better than it did with my old 1gb GPU. Its AMAZING the difference I see with my gtx 960.
Nate I`m with you,i`m not computer savvy,but my PCs lighting is way better than my PS4.i`ve a ASUS republic of gaming with NVIDIA GTX 850m i7.:cool:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I did one better than your suggestion and got one made in the last year, Mr. "I'm a privileged beta tester!"

Maybe I will get a new video card-as soon as I can afford one.

Serious question though-how can you "see dumb people" with your nose that far in the air?

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014

Sorry, but it's difficult for me to take you seriously when you can't be bothered to use periods...

My laptop runs TPA dx11 fine. Constant 60fps with anti-aliasing and high settings. Fact is, the lamps are more blown-out, colors bleed, the game looks muddier in places. I'm comparing the two version using an HDMI cable hooked up to a 50" plasma at 1080p. The PS4 game may or may not have the more realistic lighting but it looks better to me, and I think that's what matters.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this is simple,we have 3 great platforms,XBOX 1,PS4and PC,i say take your pick which one you like.it`s obvious everyone sees things differently,so we should all enjoy the one we like !!!no offence to anyone :cool:

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
this is simple,we have 3 great platforms,XBOX 1,PS4and PC,i say take your pick which one you like.it`s obvious everyone sees things differently,so we should all enjoy the one we like !!!no offence to anyone :cool:

I wished FS acknowldeged the neon bulb (CV) on PC. It looks nothing like the PS4 version. I wish it glowed and affected the table more regardless of the color. This was discovered awhile back when testing dx11 for the first time when older bugs were resurfacing. I believe the ps4 was more polished, but obviously suffered from psn delays.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Sorry, but it's difficult for me to take you seriously when you can't be bothered to use periods...

My laptop runs TPA dx11 fine. Constant 60fps with anti-aliasing and high settings. Fact is, the lamps are more blown-out, colors bleed, the game looks muddier in places.

I have noticed lowering the bulb brightness minimizes much of the color bleeding.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts