PC Tournament 2015-09-25: F-14, WhD, FT, TOff, ElDo, HD3, BS, LCA

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
In Silver last time, nothing special. In Bronze the behavior was similar but the competition, stiffer.

Do it once, fine, benefit of the doubt.

Do it again, and it starts to smell fishy.

Those aren't just good scores, either, they're all very good scores for those tables.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Here are his score from regular leaderboard.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=B0jrotAVPRuNU3yk0oqWLmNnHOI6fxVWjo7WXUv0HKU=

Some are mediocre and some are pretty good. If you go and check tables individually on the leaderboard you can see the leaderboard and what dates each score was set. During the last two weeks hes got a No:1 on Attack from Mars. No:2 on Medieval Madness, no:2 on elvira, no. 15 on Monster Bash, no:1 on party zone
But he's busy. Why TODAY he's already set a no:1 score on Xenon, a no:1 score on f-14 ,a no:3 on jack*bot, no:4 score on Going nuts.

There are a couple of scores are from last two-three months, like #15 on Diner, no:4 score on CC from june 2 and so on.

Looking back at invitro's top 100 lists, he's been improving his scores and it all looks legit, but then, I don't know what to make of this but it's pretty weird.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Here are his score from regular leaderboard.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=B0jrotAVPRuNU3yk0oqWLmNnHOI6fxVWjo7WXUv0HKU=

Some are mediocre and some are pretty good. If you go and check tables individually on the leaderboard you can see the leaderboard and what dates each score was set. During the last two weeks hes got a No:1 on Attack from Mars. No:2 on Medieval Madness, no:2 on elvira, no. 15 on Monster Bash, no:1 on party zone
But he's busy. Why TODAY he's already set an all-time no:1 score on Xenon, a no:1 score on f-14 ,a no:3 on jack*bot, no:4 score on Going nuts.

There are a couple of scores are from last two-three months, like #15 on Diner, no:4 score on CC from june 2 and so on.

I don't know what to make of this but it's pretty weird.
I agree, very suspicious. This tournament scores and at the same time this leaderboard scores?

#1 F-14 99,989,250 Sep 30
#1 Flight2K 17,141,430 Oct 1
#4 GoinNuts 19,916,930 Oct 1
#3 J*Bot 78,687,690,140 Oct 1
#1 Xenon 70,127,510 Oct 1

It's all possible cause this are not 24h time #1 games, but really hard to believe.

AfM #1 is an old score, not right...

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
No amount of praying to the ponball gods will help me with f-14. Even after reading the how to pwn at f14 thread. It's weird because I can do fairly well at older tables, or just get lucky on others. But this table is laughing in my face. Obviously the slope is steeper, but damn, I can't even get past 2mil (all you experts can laugh it up). Yes, iOS, but maybe from now on it can be a combined effort.

*just another thing yall might get a laugh at is, my TO. Got 3bil, random award gave me the chance to double. ACCIDENTALLY HIT NO WITH 2 MINITES TO GO. Oh well, I'll take it.

And whenever they have big shot, I always end up playing it 90% more than the others. In the end, screwing myself over. I'm sure you've noticed it's the only one that's not timed (has happened pretty much every tourney its in). Has that actually helped anyone? Also I've noticed a weird reflection on the ball really close to the right flipper in the inlane. Has that always been there? Not a big deal, just kinda wonder where it's coming from

x_zot_x

Jul 28, 2015
...it's all too suspicious in my mind.

I agree, I got very suspicious right away...

I agree, very suspicious...
The PSN tournament looks suspicious too. The #1 Silver Tier leader is OnibakuShonan.

1. They are also in the Bronze Tier (#3).
2. The exact same score is listed in both tiers.
3. The Bronze Tier has 3 consecutive exact score listed on each table. (i.g. #4, #5 and #6)

So does FarSight investigate any of these suspicious activities?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So does FarSight investigate any of these suspicious activities?

They have, and they do.

Two tournaments ago there was a PC player in the Silver tier who, I have to imagine, made a mistake when entering a "hacked" score and ended up with the final digit not being a zero. While the player's scores stood at the immediate end of the tournament, their position was erased from the Top 10 published in the newsletter and that player appears to have been banned from tournaments for the time being.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Grats to Toolinit on winning the mobile tournament! Well played :)

I almost caught up in the end, but I made a super stupid mistake: 1 hour left of tournament. I've just played a great game on Who Dunnit? to nail the top spot there. I move on to try for first on ElDor, knowing that I win the tournament if I can do that. I'm doing great and when I plunge my last ball I realize that I am only 180k from the top spot, which the bonus will get me - sweet! I figure I'll play it out and see if I can get more extraballs and score higher. I'm a little shaky from knowing I have the tournament in the bag, so when I do a routine nudge, it registers as a double-nudge and the table goes silent... TILT. LOL :):) That was sickening. But kind of funny as well :)

Also grats to everyone else who won their platforms or advanced tiers. WP Switch3Flip! Dizzer sure looks like a hack.

See you guys next time!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Is it jist me, or is the mobile tournament not over yet? Or are you saying there's no possible way anyone else could win? Stranger things have happened. Tourney seems to be going full force still. And you know how those sandbaggers do. As for me, I made the mistake of getting wasted. Good scores on most tables but the 2 I've been saving for last I don't have energy for. I might try but my flippers will be like blekckbckcjj

*possibly fight through the drunk. But for what? It's not like there be a treasure at the end of this map. If anything I'll hate people on motorcycles that run people over. Aha. You people make me do that video mode. I'm charging you all for the therapy. In fact, join my kickstarter for extorktherapy.com. Every time you complete a video mode, $10 gets dropped into the acount from the tooth fairy

Last edited:

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Thank you all for the big compliments. If somebody hates cheaters it would be me. I think cheater with online leaderboards are sad people with really tiny **** (i censured it myself). I also emailed FarSight about great compliments and asked if they can provide some proof. But I was thinking. I will film all my scores for the next tournament. Just to make you look sutpid. And i'll post it on youtube.

But thanks again for the great compliments. I'm so good people think i'm cheating. Never would have thought i would be that good!

What I don't get is the one that is really suspicious is praised like some God. Mister Tarek. What's up with the 99 bilion score on Medieval? How many days have u played and left on your PC to get that score?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Well, finished 29 in silver - kinda odd, makes me think my late Fish Tale score didn't get counted (I jumped 10 places but was still #29 IRC).

Then I checked out the Leaderboards and saw that my friends have all upped there scores and I am closer to the bottom than ever :p

Silver fits me, I am mediocre so why not...

karl

May 10, 2012
Damn. I joined the tournament a couple of days ago but I only had time for a quick game on Big Shot and Eldorado. Logged in now to put up a quick game or two just to keep me in the gold league but lo and behold, tournament is over much earlier than it usually is. Guess it is my own fault for not checking when it ends. The result = Thrown down to silver :( Oh Well, at least I didn't have to go through multi sessions with LCA and Teed Off, Harley and Who Dunnit :)

If they keep doing all the tables I dislike the most in tournament, I will never get back into gold. I predict 7 tables from season two next with Frankenstein thrown in. ;)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Couldn't really take part in this tournament, unfortunately. Had too much to do.

Congrats [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION], [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION], and [MENTION=746]Sun Vulcan[/MENTION]!

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Congrats Toolnit and Gus. I guess you 2 fighting it out worked for me. I was in 4th 6 hours before tournament close and ended up 3rd. I'll take it.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Couldn't really take part in this tournament, unfortunately. Had too much to do.

Congrats [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION], [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION], and [MENTION=746]Sun Vulcan[/MENTION]!

Thanks, but i think Dizzer2012 deserves some credit. He is a new talent.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks, Pbw. I kept expecting you to storm the leaderboard this afternoon as you have before. I'm lucky to get #3 (or #2) with zero top-two scores... the top two players really dominated this one.

Schoolwork basically kept me from competing. Bad timing right there, but school must come first.

Look forward to competing in next month's tournament :)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
A new talent who is under a cloud of suspicion right now.

I can't say what's right or wrong in this case. May there's a time stamp log to clear this situation. At least it's not funny to play tournaments and leaderboard games under this conditions. I like to trust my opponent scores, all other is bull****. It's an important task for Farsight Studios to develop a secure score system now. Is it so difficult to encrypt score transactions? :mad:

EDIT:

Dizzer2012 has posted a statement at my F-14 Youtube video about the tournament scores a few minutes ago:

"Here's a reaction from somebody who's pissed off: Dizzer2012. I read all the big compliments on pinballarcadefans forum. Multiple people who think i'm a cheater. I couldn't get a bigger compliment then that! I tried to post on that forum but i got a beef with the moderator there so he won't let me post anything. I also emailed farsight about you crybaby's and if there isn't a way to find out for them who's cheating and who's not. Time for you to accept the fact that your not the only one who's good at pinball. I hope you read this soon, so u can tell your boyfriends on the forum about my post here. I tried to post on the forum that next tournament i'll film all my scores and post them on youtube, just to make you guys look stupid. And btw, what's up with that 99 billion score on Medieval? How many DAYS (that's right, days!) did u play to get that score? And me a cheater? What a ****ing joke. If somebody hates cheaters with online leaderboards it would be me. I think they are sad human beings with very tiny dicks who need to compensate. So don't worry about me cheating and if farsight can't prove if for me i'll prove it myself, like i allready said, next tournament i'll film all my scores. U happy now? U guys are all so super super sad, trying to make me look like a cheater with a bunch of guys who obviously don't like competition. Sad indeed."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQ...pppa2cxfg0yo0k&google_view_type#gpluscomments

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Well played to Dizzer if they are indeed legit scores. I don't get why he can't post here? Most of the players that play TPA that much seems to spend some time here as well. He does come off as a total dick in that post though so maybe it's for the best. Surely he can see why his scores can be seen as suspicious. He's unknown around here. There's nothing crazy about his scores, but he's just ahead of the #2 player in his division as soon as someone sets a new score. Anyways, GG Dizzer! I look forward to your filmed sessions next tourney :)

Members online

Members online