PC Tourney #6, 2015-12-04: AFM, BRose, CC, CP, CV, MM, NF, T2

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Great pins this month! I played all through my work shift tonight, I guess thats as "pro" as I'll get. Feel I'm Struggling with the heavy titles, MM, AfM and CV. But I think I have some nice MM strategy in the works, Double super jackpots and BftK. I had a great joust, catapult etc multiball and started BftK, 240M. Then finished BftK but had crappy multi, 249M. So combining them optimally would make a great game I think.

I'll stream next time I play, in about 12 hours, I think that's like at around 1PM California time? I'll post a notice in the streaming thread.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Uh oh. [MENTION=5136]Tarek Oberdieck[/MENTION] just got started, with a 13,948M on NF and a 1483M on T2.

Time to start playing for first loser.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Another big score: [MENTION=138]Dylan_h[/MENTION] tossed up a 2264M on T2. (Tarek is #2, and switch3flip is #3 with 1412M.)

Your move, Tarek.

invitro

May 4, 2012
My pick for #1 overall now is Voof, with #1 on CV, #2 on AFM and MM, and #3 on CC. Right behind him is @alambic5480, scoring on the same tables, with #1's on AFM and MM (a mind-blowing 463M!), and #2 on CC.

Contending: Tarek, switch3flip, @Dizzer2012, @Sir_Moovenstein, and dylan_h.

(I expect [MENTION=1051]Pinballwiz45b[/MENTION], who is just behind this group, to join them if he has time to play more this month. And I'm hoping [MENTION=3745]vikingerik[/MENTION] and [MENTION=623]JPelter[/MENTION] join in, with this great slate of tables... we might be back to Gottlieb & Sega/Stern madness next month so this is a great month to play... it's more fun to compete! ;) Sorry... :eek: )

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
My pick for #1 overall now is Voof, with #1 on CV, #2 on AFM and MM, and #3 on CC. Right behind him is @alambic5480, scoring on the same tables, with #1's on AFM and MM (a mind-blowing 463M!), and #2 on CC.

Contending: Tarek, switch3flip, @Dizzer2012, @Sir_Moovenstein, and dylan_h.

(I expect Pinballwiz45b, who is just behind this group, to join them if he has time to play more this month. And I'm hoping [MENTION=3745]vikingerik[/MENTION] and [MENTION=623]JPelter[/MENTION] join in, with this great slate of tables... we might be back to Gottlieb & Sega/Stern madness next month so this is a great month to play... it's more fun to compete! ;) Sorry... :eek: )

Yeah, about that...

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Hey [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION]. What do you think about that top score on CPub in mobile gold. Is it possible? It's way above any other scores on all platforms.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Hey @invitro. What do you think about that top score on CPub in mobile gold. Is it possible? It's way above any other scores on all platforms.
This is @Phlip Flix with 1336M, #2 is Moovenstein with 866M, #3 is Elvis-PARRA-EELS with 819M. Well I don't know CPub very well. But he is #6 all-time on the regular leaderboard with 2358M. That tells me he knows how to play it. He doesn't have many other big scores, a quick look shows #7 SST. Here is his score web page: http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=c6P9x1zmY4H7rno3MILNriX/8IHujIW6oFxdyGs8z0A=

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
This is @Phlip Flix with 1336M, #2 is Moovenstein with 866M, #3 is Elvis-PARRA-EELS with 819M. Well I don't know CPub very well. But he is #6 all-time on the regular leaderboard with 2358M. That tells me he knows how to play it. He doesn't have many other big scores, a quick look shows #7 SST. Here is his score web page: http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=c6P9x1zmY4H7rno3MILNriX/8IHujIW6oFxdyGs8z0A=
Ok Thanks man. Guess I'm just a little jealous is all. Haha. I thought my 663m was pretty good. Then I got crushed big time.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Yeah its possible to score over 1b on Cpub, I'm upset I botched my attempts on it so far. I need to make an effort to get higher on PSN, Alambic5480 has really been pushing, I almost want him to out due me at this point because he's been working it!

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I consider myself to be a tier 3 Gold player. I'll be happy if I only keep from being relegated. Kind of like Newcastle United in the Premier League. Great tables this tourney, but having both MM and AFM together is bit too much. They are too similar.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
There's nothing worse than getting ur all time high score...clicking to see where abouts you are on the leaderboard...and seeing your name right at the bottom of the tables! Not sure if its lack of skill/practice or not knowing how to score high on the tables...but wow there are some good scores!! Not bothered with the ps4 or iPad and just sticking with the pc cab now, but struggling to survive in the gold league now. It's gonna be close :)

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
I know what you mean, the get more points in 20 minutes then I do in rather long games. Unfortunately I missed the start of this tournament, don't know if I have got enough time to post a (half way) decent (for me) score on all tables. Since I slipped into the silver league I at least barely managed not to get demoted last time ;)

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
Only two days in ayrton, I think you got plenty of time.

Man gold sure is another level, every decent score is not even top 5!!
I wish I had read the warning about black rose because I just dumped a 500 mil down the drain.....thats the reason I came here to see if it happened to anyone else....

How do you guys aim on t2 gun shot? I freaking hate it! Half the time it doesn't even zoom in and now I have a new angle I am trying to time it on...grrr

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
Aye, could not resist and got some decent scores (for me) in AFM, NF an okay score in Black Rose and a crappy one in CV.
Decent Attack from Mars is 18b - the game took 17 minutes, no idea how you do twice as much here. Maybe: Don't miss so much. At least Mars is destroyed and Earth is safe again :D

invitro

May 4, 2012
Decent Attack from Mars is 18b - the game took 17 minutes, no idea how you do twice as much here.
I took some notes during my 43B game, which I was happy about when I got it to start the tourney, but which doesn't look so hot now.

First ten minutes: got 5-way combo almost immediately. In first (regular) multiball, got two SJ's. Started Martian Attack when it was lit.
(when the timer said) 10:00 - I had 9.9B, but had drained badly and was on ball 3 with no EB! I had just started TA, had all the other blue lights, except the last two planets.
7:15 - started RTU, and collected EB (the one from 10 SoL).
5:30 - RTU done, 26.0B.
I got some VLaps, but not many... my largest one was 180M. I didn't drain until literally the last second, so I don't know if my bonus took.
0:00 - 43.1B.

So I'd say... if your game took 17 minutes, that means you drained all your balls I guess? Don't do that... you absolutely need to last the full 20 minutes. You didn't say if you got RTU... you definitely need that too. VLaps are where you get your points in AFM, so after RTU, your goal is to start multiballs and not drain, and collect VLaps, and not drain until seconds left for bonus collecting. I think getting two SJ's (on 1st MB if possible) might be important for some points, but also to make RTU end faster so you can rack up those VLaps.

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
My 40 bil was similar invitro.....Rule the universe all the way as early as you can and just ride out those points...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.