PC Version 1.19.4 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks goforthewall, I should have seen that myself if I just scrolled down in the options menu.... :rolleyes:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Any word on possibly fixing the nudging for gamepads and such so there's an actual way to adjust how hard you shove the table? PS3 is a good reference where it worked perfectly in that a slight tap gave a very small nudge that would never tilt or warn unless you did a lot of them in a row, and a full tap gave an equivalent of a fairly rough slam on the machine. With PC a slight tap of the stick is a rough shove of the machine, and a full tap of the stick seems so close to the same I can't even tell the difference between the two. There needs to be a bigger range, considering our leaderboards are aggregate of most of the other platforms (all of them?) with much better nudge systems in place. Currently the situation is such that esp. for electromechanicals with no warning system you risk a tilt about 20% of the time with every single nudge you do because the minimum level is extremely close to the maximum. There's no way to give a slight nudge to the game whatsoever. This is the biggest problem with the game currently in my opinion along with the lack of friend leaderboards.

Big Shot and Genie are good tables to test this on because both of them will randomly tilt even with a tiny tiny tap of the gamepad as your first nudge after starting the game, and both rely on nudging heavily to get good games in.

i confirm this. - more different strengths of nudge are needed

p.s. i think this terrific problem must get more attention, so one more time:
There's no way to give a slight nudge to the game whatsoever. This is the biggest problem with the game currently in my opinion along with the lack of friend leaderboards.
Mike, pls fix this in first order: EMs, genie are simply unplayble - they rely on nudge MUCH. f.e. you ruin game on Big Shot only because you would like liiiitle correction for the ball when it trying to go for the outlane.

Last edited:

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
I didn't think it worth a bug report, but is anyone else having trouble changing the ball texture or is it just me? It's incredibly slow to change, and often times (but not every time) I have to click the backwards/forwards arrows multiple times for it to register. It doesn't really help you can't just pull up a table with them all featured and click on one.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
It's incredibly slow to change, and often times (but not every time) I have to click the backwards/forwards arrows multiple times for it to register.
i found what if you choose ball skin with gamepad's d-pad then it works much faster than with mouse coursor

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I didn't think it worth a bug report, but is anyone else having trouble changing the ball texture or is it just me? It's incredibly slow to change, and often times (but not every time) I have to click the backwards/forwards arrows multiple times for it to register. It doesn't really help you can't just pull up a table with them all featured and click on one.

Yeah, the GUI is a bit finicky. I have much more success using the arrow keys when selecting a custom ball.

N

netizen

Is anyone else experiencing the analogue nudge randomly inserting nudges when using a controller?

Originally i thought it was because I was using a sixaxis controller and xinput emulation but there's a couple complaints about this happening on Faceboook as well. Curious how common of an issue this is.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I know they're working on some tournament stuff, but are we going to be able to play standard games against each other at some point?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Is anyone else experiencing the analogue nudge randomly inserting nudges when using a controller?

Originally i thought it was because I was using a sixaxis controller and xinput emulation but there's a couple complaints about this happening on Faceboook as well. Curious how common of an issue this is.

Sometimes it seems like the nudge may have been much smaller, but any time I capture the ball and try to reproduce this, I can never make it happen. I think it is just an illusion for me. Been using stick extenders on all of my controllers for years now, which gives me greater control. I typically barely move the nudging stick at all unless I'm panicking to stop an almost certain drain. While I can't say with absolute certainty, it really does seem that the input is locked at a set value no matter how much the stick is moved.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013

you can see some posts about this few posts early.
atm nudge does not work properly. it must be fixed ASAP because EM and early SS tables are simply unplayable because of that

Last edited:

jwil026

Nov 19, 2012
Bought Season PRO packs 1 and 2, but Terminator 2 PRO mode is NOT unlocked. When I try to go into PRO menu, wants me to purchase the PRO upgrade for the table, also when in table selection menu, the "GO PRO" badge is displayed.

N

netizen

you can see some posts about this few posts early.
atm nudge does not work properly. it must be fixed ASAP because EM and early SS tables are simply unplayable because of that

If you were referring to you all caps post about the singular strength of nudging - that is not what I was asking about.

Randomly inserting nudges is pretty straight forward. It has nothing to do with nudge strength. it has to do with the controller, or the interface deciding to nudge, even tho you are not pressing the nudge control. This seems to happen with the Analogue nudge controls only, and more frequently with the flipper controls re-mapped to L1/R1 or the trigger buttons rather than the L2/R2 or bumper buttons.
When Nudge is mapped to the D-Pad the issue of randomly inserted nudges magically goes away. Hence my asking how widespread is this problem with controllers randomly inserting nudges on players? Is this something that should be reported. I see people complaining about the strength of nudges but not about the ability to have control if it nudges or not

TL;DR Does your control make nudges without your permission. are you at the mercy of your controller in analogue? Are you forced to play with digital nudge mapping?

Last edited:

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Just got around to downloading this and wanted to swing by to say Nice work guys - Even on my somewhat aged rig (only dual-core and Radeon 5770) the tables are nice to play and it's good to see some higher textures being used).

Really looking forward to the PS4 version. ;)

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
If you were referring to you all caps post about the singular strength of nudging - that is not what I was asking about.
if you could read with more attention - then you could mentioned what i qouted another post which mentioned often tilting because of too close of nudge strength ranges.

N

netizen

if you could read with more attention - then you could mentioned what i qouted another post which mentioned often tilting because of too close of nudge strength ranges.

Still not the problem I was asking about, thanks for playing. Come again next time

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
TL;DR Does your control make nudges without your permission. are you at the mercy of your controller in analogue? Are you forced to play with digital nudge mapping?

Absolutely not. I've been using the default controller mappings using the left thumb stick on a wired Xbox 360 controller for nudging. I've never had the game auto-nudge without my direct input. I've not played all the tables yet with the PC version, so perhaps this was table specific?

Could be the deadzone on your particular controller is too tight, or the controller might be getting worn out and needs to be replaced soon. My older controllers eventually start automatically tracking in one direction or another as they start to wear out from use.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

Seconding that I have no problems with getting nudges except when I actually tap the stick. One thing you should check out since you mentioned using a sixaxis (which I also use) is that you don't have nudge assigned to the gyroscope in the controller either in game or in motioninjoy or whatever you're using to enable that. It seems like mapping a nudge button to the gyroscope would be the surest way of getting the kind of problem you're describing netizen. If that's not the problem I'm out of ideas, but I'm using dualshock 3 to play and it's working like a charm. Haven't figured any way to get the bumper buttons analog so I could stage flippers but that's not really a major issue or anything and can play just fine without it.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I use a wired xbox 360 controller for TPA and by now analogue nudges seem to work properly (for me).

N

netizen

Absolutely not. I've been using the default controller mappings using the left thumb stick on a wired Xbox 360 controller for nudging. I've never had the game auto-nudge without my direct input. I've not played all the tables yet with the PC version, so perhaps this was table specific?

Could be the deadzone on your particular controller is too tight, or the controller might be getting worn out and needs to be replaced soon. My older controllers eventually start automatically tracking in one direction or another as they start to wear out from use.

Yeah, Those were my thoughts originally: I use a sixaxis controller with xinput emulation through "Better DS3". I have only had this sixaxis controller for <5 months and most of that time it has been sitting on my desk waiting for the steam release, or for me to finally get so frustrated that I root my Nexus 10 to play TPA on HDMI passthrough.

Anyway, IDK, if it's a mixture of the factors you have mentioned, really it's baffling me. When I map the flippers to the L1/R1 shoulder buttons the problem is more frequent, with the L2/R2 triggers it's less often, but still happens. I'm hesitant to believe that it is the dead zone centering or the analogue stick being bunk as I can play VP with the same sixaxis controller using the same emulator in key/mouse mode to give me analogue nudging and I don't experience any problems. :/

Initially I was going to write it off as an emulation issue but I saw a complaint on the FaceBook wall from users with Xbox 360 controllers experiencing the same issue. This inspired me to ask if it's happening to more players, or if it is really, really rare.

Seconding that I have no problems with getting nudges except when I actually tap the stick. One thing you should check out since you mentioned using a sixaxis (which I also use) is that you don't have nudge assigned to the gyroscope in the controller either in game or in motioninjoy or whatever you're using to enable that. It seems like mapping a nudge button to the gyroscope would be the surest way of getting the kind of problem you're describing netizen. If that's not the problem I'm out of ideas, but I'm using dualshock 3 to play and it's working like a charm. Haven't figured any way to get the bumper buttons analog so I could stage flippers but that's not really a major issue or anything and can play just fine without it.

Definitely don't have the tilt assigned to anything. I can assign the nudge to the D-Pad and there is no more issue with random nudges. So I am flummoxed.
There is no staged flippers in the PC version, with all the complaints about in the PS3 it was removed or hasn't been implemented yet afaik. There is a switch in the options for in in ps3 at anyrate. You have to use r2/l2 for analogue triggers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts