Bug PC Version 1.19.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Analog nudge is still not working and I'm not sure it is on anyone's radar to get corrected. Is this something that can't be easily fixed in a patch? Are the developers satisfied that a full digital implementation, similar to how it works on tablets now? The total silence about this has me worried that the analog nudge that I currently enjoy with my PS3 is not ever going to make it into the PC build, for whatever reason.
I haven't been able to play the release versions much (real life is being a bit of a bear lately), but the betas had working analog nudging, so my initial guess is that something got accidentally broken in the course of fixing something else.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I haven't been able to play the release versions much (real life is being a bit of a bear lately), but the betas had working analog nudging, so my initial guess is that something got accidentally broken in the course of fixing something else.

Something definitely got borked, because the minimum and maximum nudge amount is seemingly the same currently. It gives a hard shove no matter how little you try to nudge.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Bug: Twilight Zone completing standard goals doesn't unlock achievement and doesn't save my goal progress.
CPU: I7 950 @ 3.1GHz
GPU: GTX 480
RAM: 6GB
Version: 1.19.4
Display: 1920x1080 fullscreen

Frequency of occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Finishing all standard goals in Twilight Zone should unlock standard goal achievement and unlock wizard goals.
Actual Result: I only have the yellow skill shot goal to achieve and when I achieve it I do get the "Goal 1 complete" yet I don't get the achievement and when I exit the game and relaunch my standard goals are reverted back to when I only needed the skill shot goal 1.

I've unlocked that goal six times and I still get the same bug. I'm not sure if it's due to the order of which I unlocked the other standard goals or what.

EDIT:
I'm having the exact same issue with no good gophers. I have all standard goals unlocked except for skill shot goal. Getting the skill shot does not unlock standard goal achievement and when relaunching the game reverts my goals back to what it was.

Something is up with completing standard goals with a skill shot.

I had some weirdness with Ripley's Believe it or Not earlier today, where it wouldn't give me achievements for either the high score or the Standard goals even though I completed all of them. That one also includes a Skill Shot as a goal, so I think you're definitely right that something specifically related to Skill Shots is borking the achievement system.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Analog nudge is still not working and I'm not sure it is on anyone's radar to get corrected. Is this something that can't be easily fixed in a patch? Are the developers satisfied that a full digital implementation, similar to how it works on tablets now? The total silence about this has me worried that the analog nudge that I currently enjoy with my PS3 is not ever going to make it into the PC build, for whatever reason.

I think what makes it a little more complicated in the PC version as compared to consoles is that they can't reliably assume everyone is going to be using a controller with analog sticks. They need to at least have the option for a digital nudge for people using keyboards or various other control devices that send keyboard signals, and so they probably need to make sure that these options are completely separated in the code. I can see how that might require a bit of work depending on how it was handled initially.

JTenebrous

Nov 6, 2013
Bug: Highscore entry bugged when entering initials, in every table I've tried tonight (Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, Bride of Pinbot, and Gorgar). Sometimes leads to inability to leave the table, and have to force quit through the Task Manager.

CPU: I7 3620 @ 3.6GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon 7970
RAM: 16GB
Version: 1.19.6
Display: 1080x1920 (portrait) fullscreen

Frequency of Occurence: 100%(Initial Entry Bug) and ~50% (Inability to leave table).

Expected Result: Upon completing a game with a highscore, I would normally use the flippers to cycle through the letters, hitting Enter to select each choice until 3 initials are entered.

Present Results: I am unable to confirm my letter selection with enter (or any other key) and have to wait until the time limit for name entry has expired. On Gorgar, I was not even able to cycle through the letters. Additionally, on Gorgar and Bride of Pinbot, it bugged out further after the name timer expired, leaving me unable to escape the table through any means except to force quit through the task manager. None of these issues have occurred for me prior to this patch.

Also - any word on when the Post-Processing bug is expected to be fixed?

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I'm having HUGE issues with my multiple monitor setup on my desktop. I'll post a photo of my desk to make things clear first:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1404784_10202310018015002_715912891_o.jpg

Title Bug: Wrong Resolutions Offered on Wrong Monitors
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7950
Ram: 32GB
Version 1.19.6
Display Mode: "Full Screen”
Display Resolution: N/A

Frequency of Occurrence: “Always

Expected Result: Display 1 should have the option to run at 2560x1440.
Actual Result: Display 2, which is only a 1080p monitor, is the only monitor that offers 2560x14400 and Display 1 which natively supports that resolution is only offered up to 1080p.

Comment: So, for the record, on my desk the big 27" monitor is Display 1 and Display 2 is the smaller 1080p monitor to the left side of the photo. When I launch TPA, it only offers up to 1920x1080 on Displays 1, 3 and 4 while offering 2560x1440 for Display 2. It seems to have mixed up between Display 1 and Display 2 as to which is the 2560x1440 monitor. As a result, if I want TPA on my big, 27" which has 90" rotation built into it's stand, I can only use 1920x1080 as the maximum resolution, well below it's native resolution. As well, when it tries to feed 2560x1440 to Display 2, the 1080p monitor, it seems to also try to make it 640x480 or something low res instead.

Method

Apr 22, 2013
Bug: General: Custom balls removed from game
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765m
Ram: 16GB
Display Mode: Full
Display Resolution: 1600*900

Frequency of Occurrence: Constant

Expected Result: Purchased both pro season packs on day 1. Expected all custom balls.

Actual Result: In the last version I had generic custom balls, but no table specific ones. Now, after 1.19.6 I have had ALL custom balls removed.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
BUG REPORT -High Score Entry

Bug: High Score Initial Entry : Initials entered show up correctly in the the actual table HUD, but drop the first letter and substitute it with a <CR> on the TPA High Score Display. (Please see attached Screen Capture)
CPU: I 9300 @ 2.5GHz
GPU: GeForce 9800 GT
RAM: 8GB
Version: 1.19.4
Display: 1050x1680 widowed fullscreen (Portrait)

Frequency of occurrence: 100%

Expected result: When you enter your initials they display on TPA High Scores as entered

Actual result: The HUD reflects correct initials but he High Score Screen on TPA is corrupted

Also confirm the intermittent keyboard input problems (lost key strokes) and TPA hang up from previous posts

Scoring Error by wnstardis1@ameritech.net, on Flickr

Timelord ...

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Funhouse in portrait mode - can't see the flippers. I tried every decent resolution and the camera is just too close.

Big Shot in portrait mode - the score display is too big, can't see the whole thing.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Funhouse in portrait mode - can't see the flippers. I tried every decent resolution and the camera is just too close.

Big Shot in portrait mode - the score display is too big, can't see the whole thing.

I had posted a pic in the discussion topic by accident and yes...this.
Overall, the DMD is too big in most tables and blocks the upper portion of the table. If the HUD key had three options (on, on/small, off) it would be pretty great, or the option to drag it with the mouse to where you like it.

jmZ3C9k.jpg

Also,

When entering the high score, i have to click "SELECT" with the mouse to input my selected letter.
I have the enter Key set for all ball launching.

Also, not sure if intended but XBOX360 buttons show up in the GUI when the XBOX360 controller is not plugged in.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I'm worried now that the season packs are available through the steam interface, the way it is, someone is gonna hit that "Add All DLC to Cart" button and spend twice as much money as they need to. If you buy the Pro packs, you wouldn't need the standard season packs. Just seems awkward.

Manu Smith

Nov 12, 2013
Title Bug: General. Flipper lag
OS Version: Windows 7-64bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560
Ram: 4GB
Version 1.19.6
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: Any

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Graphical flippers fire at the moment I hit the shift keys
Actual Result:There is a noticeable delay between hitting the shift keys and the flipper firing on screen.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Display - Post processing not working correctly with AA

OS Version: Windows 8 - x64
CPU: Core 2 Quad q8400 2.6 Ghz
Graphics Card: HD 5770 1Gb
Ram: 6GB
Version 1.19.6
Display Mode: Full screen windowed / Full screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080
AA: 16x

Expected Result: The objects close to the screen (like flippers) would appear similar with post processing on.
Actual Result:When using post processing with AA, (Leaving the graphic card menu untouched, only using the config unity) the AA doesn't seems to be working correctly.

Image of Monster Bash with 16x AA and post processing off:
http://i.imgur.com/0zaZ1UK.jpg

Image of Monster Bash with 16x AA and post processing on:
http://i.imgur.com/RuNznMd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8vQ5Nkw.png
(Sorry for my bad English. :/)

Last edited:

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Title Bug: General. Flipper lag
OS Version: Windows 7-64bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560
Ram: 4GB
Version 1.19.6
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: Any

Expected Result: Graphical flippers fire at the moment I hit the shift keys
Actual Result:There is a noticeable delay between hitting the shift keys and the flipper firing on screen.

Have you tried setting max pre-rendered Frames to 1 and disabling v-sync? That completely removed any lag for me.

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
Hi Mike,

Regarding the post-processing issue I have found that it doesn't seem to be affected by AA, at least on my machine (AMD HD6970 with Catalyst 13.9). I am not running any AA or special settings via the card, and I find that the effect looks the same when I select no AA or 16x AA when using the Pinball Arcade configuration utility.

I was having another close look today and to me it almost looks like some sort of alignment issue with the post-processing shader, if such a thing can exist. I say this because the whole screen almost seems to shift a few pixels when post-processing is enabled and shifts back when disabled which would explain the jaggie situation. Its almost as if the shader is rendering the screen again but it's off-centre which makes it look the way it does with certain cards.

This bug still exists.

OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: AMD RADEON HD 5770
Ram: 4 GB
version # 1.19.6
Display Mode: Fullscreen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080 (or 1080x1920)

Frequency of Occurrence: Always

Turndawg

Aug 5, 2013
Title Bug: Camera messes up on Bride of Pin*Bot in multiplayer if one player has a ball locked in the optical circuits and another hasn't reached that point
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460M
Version #: 1.19.6
Display Mode: Full Screen

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Camera shifts to plunger view when the next player is up
Actual Result: Event camera shifts to the head of the Machine after dropping a locked ball

Comment: Basically if a player has locked one ball in the optical circuits then loses it, if the following player hasn't also reached that point, the camera will stay stuck on the event cam until the player plunges, at which point it shifts instead to the plunger cam while the ball is in play.

Title Bug: Name entry UI stays stuck on screen in Class of 1812 multiplayer mode if an earlier player earns a high score

Expected Result: Play shifts to the next player without problem
Actual Result: Name entry UI stays on screen and prevents the following player from being able to play

Comment: I haven't played on a real Class of 1812 so I don't know if the name entry showing up before every player has played is a bug or not, but I know this UI one is.

Title Bug: There is no way to turn off the event camera

Expected Result: Having an Event Camera option in the table menus like in the other versions of the game
Actual Result: There is no Event Camera option

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
OS Version: Windows 8 - x64
CPU: Core 2 Quad q8400 2.6 Ghz
Graphics Card: HD 5770 1Gb
Version 1.19.6
Display Mode: Full screen windowed / Full screen
AA: 16x

Expected Result: The objects close to the screen (like flippers) would appear similar with post processing on.
Actual Result:When using post processing with AA, (Leaving the graphic card menu untouched, only using the config unity) the AA doesn't seems to be working correctly.

Image of Monster Bash with 16x AA and post processing off:
http://i.imgur.com/0zaZ1UK.jpg

Image of Monster Bash with 16x AA and post processing on:
http://i.imgur.com/RuNznMd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8vQ5Nkw.png
(Sorry for my bad English. :/)
Can confirm, I am still having the same issue. It appears to be an ATI/AMD GPU issue, however it's still not fixed (and sadly, has been like this since the first day of the beta :( ).

Bug: Highscore entry bugged when entering initials, in every table I've tried tonight (Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, Bride of Pinbot, and Gorgar). Sometimes leads to inability to leave the table, and have to force quit through the Task Manager.

CPU: I7 3620 @ 3.6GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon 7970
RAM: 16GB
Display: 1080x1920 (portrait) fullscreen

Frequency of Occurence: 100%(Initial Entry Bug) and ~50% (Inability to leave table).

Expected Result: Upon completing a game with a highscore, I would normally use the flippers to cycle through the letters, hitting Enter to select each choice until 3 initials are entered.

Present Results: I am unable to confirm my letter selection with enter (or any other key) and have to wait until the time limit for name entry has expired. On Gorgar, I was not even able to cycle through the letters. Additionally, on Gorgar and Bride of Pinbot, it bugged out further after the name timer expired, leaving me unable to escape the table through any means except to force quit through the task manager. None of these issues have occurred for me prior to this patch.

Also - any word on when the Post-Processing bug is expected to be fixed?
Can confirm this too. Also, getting to this stage doesn't mean your high score is recorded online. I got a really handy score in Funhouse (even with the portrait mode bug) but the score didn't appear on the leaderboards when I quit out and went back in.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG at Victory: got camera freezed over fuel miniplayfield.
and near half of inlay lights are not placed properly - you can see part of another "copy" of inlays "under" them.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Here is some annoying issue about goals: you can not complete any of wizard goals for the table in the same game as you completed regular table goals. they begin to register only after you start new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts