eegad

Apr 1, 2012
lockups

Win 7 SP 1
AMD 6-core, 3.5 ghz cpu
8 gig ram
radeon 7670
resolution 1024x768

tables - so far, theatre of magic, ripleys, attack from mars & twilight zone..... tom & afm both twice, ripley and tz once each.

scenario - a multi-ball is about to start and the game just locks up. i must ctrl-alt-delete to quit the process and drop to desktop.

also - on ripleys, ball has gotten stuck multiple times, usually by the lanes to the right of the shrunken head.

only other thing i might mention is that i am always playing in offline mode.

and for the record, i run my machine lean - minimal amount of background processes, etc, all bloatware removed. i have no lock-up/crashing problems in other games i play regularly (skyrim, far cry 3, etc).

other than the lock-ups, pinball arcade looks and plays awesome.....but the lock-ups are quite annoying (especially when i have a great score at the time!)

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Bride of Pin Bot when left outlane "extra ball" flashing it looks like it "bumping" out a little because lit version of this inlay is misaligned/distorted a little.

Mod Edit : You may continue to report bugs, but my moderation posts are not up for debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I have removed all off-topic posts that were made in response to my piracy request warning post (including Sean's and my own). I now ask that everyone please use this thread for posting bugs only.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Dr. Dude green lamp over magnet and yellow lamp over gift box look like always in lit status. Here are flashes near them but lamps themselves are always bright.
and on Bride of Pin Bot lock lamp dont light - this is registered bug, but..guys, its here for year already.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
OS Version: Windows 7 (Dell)
Graphics Card: AMD RADEON
Ram: 4 GB
version # 1.19.6
Display Mode: Fullscreen
Display Resolution: 1600x900

Tables: NGG, BK
Problems: Balls fly out of the cabinet during multiball (1 ball at a time)

Surprisingly good: CV and CC

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Title Bug: General. Central Park's ball count resets back to 4 after the last ball is drained, giving infinite plays.
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M
Ram: 4GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.4
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: Infrequent.

Expected Result: For the game to end after all balls have been lost.
Actual Result: Infinite loop.

Comment: Nothing else to add, really. I quit the game but could have played for as long as I wanted and got a silly score.
Had you been getting a lot of specials? Central Park allows up to 15 extra balls, and if you've got the center targets lit for special it's quite easy to rack up a lot of extra balls and think that the game is never going to end.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Title Bug: General. Central Park's ball count resets back to 4 after the last ball is drained, giving infinite plays.
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.4

Frequency of Occurrence: Infrequent.

Expected Result: For the game to end after all balls have been lost.
Actual Result: Infinite loop.

Comment: Nothing else to add, really. I quit the game but could have played for as long as I wanted and got a silly score.

99.9% sure that there isn't a bug here.
Read the rules closely. You can earn extra balls very easily on this table. Once you get to a certain point with targets completed, it's almost trivial to continue to get extra balls.
You can earn one extra ball for each ball in play. Up to a game maximum of 15 extra balls in total (someone correct me if I have the number wrong, please)

When you are finally on the last regular ball, if you don't earn an extra ball, the game will end normally.

The game's not broken... you are just a pretty good player at that game!

To prove it isn't a bug, next time it starts happening, just let the ball drain without playing it. The game will end, since you wouldn't have earned an additional extra ball.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Title Bug: Controls. Diagonal nudging is busted
OS Version: Windows 7 64b
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 660
Ram: 16GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.6
Display Mode: Windowed

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Nudging to behave like it does on the PS3 version
Actual Result: Diagonal nudging results in a tilt most of the time

Comment: Separate issue from the analog tilt being busted I noted before. Nudging diagonally behaves as if you nudge sideways and then nudge up or down leading to massive tilt meter buildup and probably straight out tilt particularly on older tables with no warnings. Tested and confirmed on multiple pro tables with tilt meters enabled. Further clarification: This is using a gamepad.

Related tip to other users: I suggest turning off the Y axis on your left thumbstick from your gamepad till this issue gets fixed.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Title Bug: Controls. Left flipper sometimes seems to cause extra tilts.
OS Version: Windows 7 64b
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 660
Ram: 16GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.6
Display Mode: Windowed

Frequency of Occurrence: Roughly 10% of the times I tested

Expected Result: Nudging to be consistent
Actual Result: The left (?) flipper seems to sometimes cause extra tilts

Comment: This is incredibly hard to pinpoint, but while testing the earlier report about diagonal nudges I ran into an issue where sometimes pressing the left flipper at the same time as nudging the table would cause a warning/tilt despite the meter only being roughly halfway to the tilt threshold. The nudges were no harder visually and the tilt meter didn't register it but the tilt indicator started flashing and the game gave a warning/tilt. I could not reproduce the problem with the right flipper in the time I tested.

Last edited:

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Had you been getting a lot of specials? Central Park allows up to 15 extra balls, and if you've got the center targets lit for special it's quite easy to rack up a lot of extra balls and think that the game is never going to end.
99.9% sure that there isn't a bug here.
Yep, you're both right here - my apologies. I'm usually so laughably bad at this table that I had no idea how easy it was to gain extra balls after a certain point.

ptrbt321

Nov 8, 2013
Since the last couple of days I can't get a game of pinball out without being interupted by going back to the steam menu. The game just pauzes, minimilizes itself and have to resume. It just popped up a few days ago...before that no problem. Problem with the patch maybe?

Exo

Nov 10, 2013
I've been experiencing the same issues that JPelter reported.
Nudging and analog controls in general are seriously screwed at the moment.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Creature from the Black Lagoon left and right outlanes have wrong textures when they are flashing (look like arrow shaped inlays whith black and white stripes near them).

Last edited:

TwitchDaWoof

Nov 17, 2013
Twilight Zone: Tilt glitch, when you tilt the machine after getting an extra ball, the word "TILT" stays on the screen and the ball falls through the flipper.

OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 5400
Version #: 1.19.6
Display Mode: Full screen

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: After getting an extra ball, when the game tilts, you lose the ball in play and start fresh on the extra ball.

Actual Result: When tilting the machine after getting an extra ball, the word "TILT" reappears on the extra ball, and the ball falls through the flippers.

Comment: Earn an extra ball, then tilt the machine. The word "TILT" will appear on the next ball. Shoot the ball, and it will fall through the flipper.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
OS Version: Windows 8.1 pro
Graphics Card:
Version #(Current steam version):
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1360x768”
on cactus canyon and class of 1812 ball slows / floats after a lock. full speed returns on next ball. 100% of the time on these two tables only .

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Centaur most of inlays have a distorted / different font / rotated lit versions relating to unlit versions of them. for example x1-x5 modifier inlays and "release" inlay near right pocket entry.

Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I reported this bug ages ago for the android version, but it just happened to me on the PC version too.

Sometimes when finishing a game and starting another, the new game won't start and the camera will just float around the table. You can nudge the table and push all the buttons, but you can't actually start a game without quitting the "game" in progress and starting another one. Happened to me on NGG, but I've seen it happen on other tables on android.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i confirm bug "11-005: Ball gets stuck at entrance to upper ball lock" on Black Knight - got this 2 times.
and "11-010: Table locks often eject locked balls shortly after locking them" - ball can ride through lock pocket at upper playfield very often.

PardonMeHippo

Jun 12, 2012
EDIT: Nevermind, Event Camera can't be disabled yet

Bug: Victory- Camera zooms to upper flippers when view is locked
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 7870
Ram: 8GB
Version #: 1.19.6
Frequency of Occurrence: most of the time
Expected Result: Camera should stay in full table view when the dynamic camera is off
Actual Result: when the ball is delivered to the upper playfield it zooms in, regardless of settings

Comment: I noticed that it doesn't zoom if there is a ball locked in the scoop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts