PC Version 1.20.4 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Nudging and staging flippers works perfectly for me on my 360 controller.
Not sure why people have such a problem with staging. To me it seems like 25% and not 5% for it to trigger.

I did a test on the windows controller panel test and funhouse and it's almost exactly 5% for me. It might be that some settings files aren't getting updated for everyone. Going to delete everything and reinstall and see if that helps.

e: Didn't help. I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Playing with my wired xbox controller, the staging flipper feature seems pointless for me as it is now.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
It would be nice if Farsight put release notes for each update/patch under their "Product Updates" channel of their Steam news page so people can see what each update fixes while they're downloading the update instead of being forced to come here.

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
The portrait mode cameras are set up for general portrait monitor play and are centered on the flippers. The cameras should be centered on the table's width in the cabinet version.

I am assuming that the overwhelming majority of portrait mode users (with or without a cab) would prefer the playfield to be centered left to right and NOT centered on the flippers.

Let's have a vote.. Please chime in people..
I vote for it to be centered obviously.

If I'm wrong and I'm in the minority then I will shut the f up.

Junky

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Nope it's not there anymore.
Only in the Configuration Tool outside of game (that auto-runs on 1st launch)
Thanks for that.

What a pain... some games are fine with it, but others (El Dorado for one) look much better without... I preferred looking at the difference to see dynamically but now that's gone :/. Hopefully not too long a wait until it's enabled.

N

netizen

I am assuming that the overwhelming majority of portrait mode users (with or without a cab) would prefer the playfield to be centered left to right and NOT centered on the flippers.

Let's have a vote.. Please chime in people..
I vote for it to be centered obviously.

If I'm wrong and I'm in the minority then I will shut the f up.

Junky

When TZ was released FS centred the view on the cabinet and there was a huge backlash because the flippers weren't centred. perhaps feelings have changed. Who knows Pinheads are a fickle lot aren't they.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and almost forgot: glad finaly to see option to off vibration, so now only one vibrating thing left here is me when i try to get another wiz goal.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
The portrait mode cameras are set up for general portrait monitor play and are centered on the flippers. The cameras should be centered on the table's width in the cabinet version.

I agree that this probably makes sense for a landscape view because the view field is so short but I would argue that in portrait mode, centering the playfield would be preferable whether you have a cabinet or not. Better yet, would it be too hard to provide a choice :)?

Any non-cabinet owners have an opinion here? Anyone know how to post a poll?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I agree that this probably makes sense for a landscape view because the view field is so short but I would argue that in portrait mode, centering the playfield would be preferable whether you have a cabinet or not. Better yet, would it be too hard to provide a choice :)?

Any non-cabinet owners have an opinion here? Anyone know how to post a poll?

I'll make a poll in a separate thread :)

Edit:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6643-Portrait-Centering-Flippers-or-Playfield

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for the solid build.

Love the event camera toggle.

Anyone else get the first character of their initials cut off on the high score display while on portrait mode? It works fine in landscape mode.

Timelord ...

p6800

May 17, 2013
This is old already... HUD has the wrong aspect ratio for any not 16:9 resolutions! 1280x1024 is a mess.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
great update!

absolutely LOVE the event camera toggle - now i can fully appreciate the metamorphosis on bride of pinbot :cool:

Fourvel

Nov 27, 2013
Has anyone else lost their high scores and table goals? I lost all of mine after my computer froze while playing. Wasn't a BSOD, it just froze. Had to hard reset and now I have lost my save.

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
Portrait mode views tend to be cropped too tight. Funhouse is virtually unplayable.
Need to be able to see any part of the table where the ball travels.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
It would be nice if the game automatically paused if a controller became disconnected during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.