Bug PC Version 1.21.3 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinballFan

Dec 21, 2013
Title Bug: General - Theater of Magic: Audio error in which music drowns out trap door cycling and reward sounds.
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 2GB
Ram: 16GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.21.3
Display Mode: Fullscreen Window
Display Resolution: 1680x1050
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time the ball enters the trap door.
Expected Result: After entering the trap door, the music should start again AFTER the reward sound is played.
Actual Result: After entering the trap door, the music restarts prematurely, drowning out the cycling and reward sounds.
Comment: For clarification, refer to this link for what it should sound like. Now refer to this link for what it currently sounds like in Pinball Arcade... Notice how the music drowns out the sound effects of the random cycling and reward sounds. This appears to be an error on more than just the PC version. Thanks for considering fixing this, and keep up the great work! :)

R

Rhandos

Title Bug: Flashers on CV are broken
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 565m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.21.3
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

Expected Result: The orange/red flashers around the edge of the playfield should contribute to the light show - one prominent example: During ball lock, all flashers fire after each other to a drummroll.

Comment: The are just a dull orange, as if in a state between on and off and never change state. PP is on, if that's relevant. They have been working during beta, but have been broken since vs 0.015

jigawatts

Jul 29, 2013
have you used the texture filter option on the graphics tab on the config utility yet?

Yes, I've tried with it set to none and with it set to Aniso(x16). Still looks like a jagged mess if post-processing is turned on. But if I turn post-processing off, everything looks smooth, sharp, and crisp.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Jaggies for me with and without PP with new version. I was using nVidia FXAA before and that was helping but now not. I tried various settings but all the same. My cab uses XP.

As a test I installed Tiny 7 on a new SSD and managed to installed the 4.5 .nets which apparently was supposed to be an issue before. Installed PA and jaggies are gone with PP on as well. Also I have massive FPS increase with VP so might stick with W7 now which lays the foundation for DX11 later.

So for those with jaggies are you on XP with nVidia?

jigawatts

Jul 29, 2013
Ok, so I was having this problem on an old 4:3 19" monitor running at 1280x1024. Got a new monitor that runs at 1080p, and the problem is gone.

ronnijhof

Dec 19, 2013
bug in elvira and the party monster

when the jackpot left and right at the same time scores everything is frosen balls gone game gone

it was ball 1 with about 9 million points :mad:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Central Park - Infinite Balls

Bug: In Central Park the ball counter resets to ball 4 after losing the last ball so the game never ends. This happens every time even after a clean restart for me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Bug: In Central Park the ball counter resets to ball 4 after losing the last ball so the game never ends. This happens every time even after a clean restart for me.

Probably not a bug. You can earn up to 15 extra balls on Central Park. Check the instructions and see if you still think it isn't working properly.

neurokinetik

Nov 23, 2013
Physics - Black Knight ball launches off table on hard right ramp hit
Graphics Card: 2x NVIDIA GTX480 SLi
Ram: 6GB
Version #: 1.21.3
Display Mode: Full Screen portrait
Display Resolution: 1200x1920

Frequency of Occurrence: Every hard shot up the right ramp.

Expected Result: ball continues onto upper playfield
Actual Result: ball flies off table and dissappears into the plastic just above the ramp

Comment: When this happens, a nudge gives me a ball back in the plunger lane.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Title Bug: Crash - Leaderboards, CFTBL runtime error under certain circumstances
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
Display Mode: Windowed
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Leaderboards to function normally.
Actual Result:Leaderboard crashes.

Comment: This is a very specific crash, but I'm reporting it here since I can reproduce it 100% of the time. If I go to any table, and to leaderboards within that table, scroll the leaderboard to Creature From the Black Lagoon, and tab over to My Score, then scroll up till it tries to load the top 100 scores, the game crashes with the following error:
b4fc.png

Of note is that if I try it in the overall leaderboard mode this does not happen, nor have I been able to make it happen on any other tables I tried so far.

wizzel

Jan 12, 2014
Title Bug: Arrow-Button in Help Menu not working
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Ram: 4GB
Display Mode: Fullscreen

Expected Result: By clicking the Down-Arrow, the Text shown should scroll.
Actual Result: Clicking the Down-Arrow has no effect.

Comment: You choose any "Pro" Table, e.g.: The Champion Pub. Goto Table Menu -> Pro Menu -> Help.
The "down"-Arrow does not react and doesn't scroll the shown text. If one uses the Up & Down keys, everything works fine.
However clicking the "Up"-Arrow DOES work.

I wonder why nobody finds these kinds of minor bugs... :D

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Title Bug: Crash - Leaderboards, CFTBL runtime error under certain circumstances
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
Display Mode: Windowed

Expected Result: Leaderboards to function normally.
Actual Result:Leaderboard crashes.

Comment: This is a very specific crash, but I'm reporting it here since I can reproduce it 100% of the time. If I go to any table, and to leaderboards within that table, scroll the leaderboard to Creature From the Black Lagoon, and tab over to My Score, then scroll up till it tries to load the top 100 scores, the game crashes with the following error:
b4fc.png

Of note is that if I try it in the overall leaderboard mode this does not happen, nor have I been able to make it happen on any other tables I tried so far.

I'm not able to reproduce this crash, unfortunately. :/

Title Bug: Arrow-Button in Help Menu not working
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Ram: 4GB
Display Mode: Fullscreen

Expected Result: By clicking the Down-Arrow, the Text shown should scroll.
Actual Result: Clicking the Down-Arrow has no effect.

Comment: You choose any "Pro" Table, e.g.: The Champion Pub. Goto Table Menu -> Pro Menu -> Help.
The "down"-Arrow does not react and doesn't scroll the shown text. If one uses the Up & Down keys, everything works fine.
However clicking the "Up"-Arrow DOES work.

I wonder why nobody finds these kinds of minor bugs... :D

A fix for this has been put in.

Title Bug: Pressing the right analog stick down on the xbox360 controller produces results as though all four X, Y, B, and A buttons were depressed simultaneously.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
Ram: 24GB
Version #1.21.3
Display Mode: Full Screen

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Nothing
Actual Result: Depressing the right analog stick has the same effect as simultaneously pressing all four A, B, X, and Y buttons.

Comment: This bug is *STILL* happening as it has been since day one and it's very irritating in the way it interferes with the gameplay. My preferred controller configuration has the plunger operated by the LEFT analog stick while nudging the table is operated by the RIGHT analog stick, and so ALL THE TIME I'm getting problems when nudging the table and I accidentally apply pressure to the stick which instantly changes the CAMERA ANGLE, the CAMERA LOCK, and the DOT MATRIX DISPLAY. If the ball is waiting to be launched by the plunger I can do that as well by pressing the right analog stick down. There's just no reason this should be happening at all because nowhere in the button configuration screen is there an option to designate what the right analog stick depression can even be assigned to, so the quick solution is to just disable that action altogether.

PLEASE, somebody tell me that I'm not alone in observing this happen! I can play the game largely without problems but every time the camera angle gets changed it's right at the moment when I'm trying to impart some manual control of the ball and it makes me want to tear my hair out.

A fix for this has been put in.

Last edited:

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Title Bug: General/Sound. Black Rose: Menu music cuts out.
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 (sadly)
Version #1.22.7
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time.

Expected Result: The music should play all the way through (and loop).

Actual Result: After ten or so seconds the music abruptly cuts out until either playing the table or quitting to the table selection screen.

Comment: As above, really; If I select Black Rose and let the music run on its menu it simply cuts out. If I play the table and go back to its menu it happens too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.