PC - Request PC wish list

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
There are some very high quality 3d head-tracking systems that you can purchase for the pc. Typically, these are used for flight sims, racing sims, and a handful of first person shooters (ARMA included). The 3d tracking can be very convincing to the point where you believe that you are looking into a window instead of at a monitor. In order for this system to work, FS would need to implement a method of calibration especially if you are setting this up on a cabinet and a free-floating camera that can match the position and angle that the player has. This feature would be incredibly wicked, but I think that this might require a lot of effort on Farsight's end and I am not sure if it would be worth it to them. I hope I am wrong about that.

Here is a well received 3d tracker. http://www.amazon.com/TrackIr-Premium-Head-Tracking-Gaming-Pc/dp/B0029M6VKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362531441&sr=8-1&keywords=head+tracking

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Not sure how feasible head tracking is for our development schedule. It's pretty cool, and I've always thought it would be fun to add to a game. Seen a demo where someone used Wii hardware to create head tracking, and I know the Kinect can do it.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Maybe for your 10th anniversary you guys can release something like that. In the meantime I would settle for just the beta kickstarter tables for PC / Cabinet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.