Physics 4.0

Cyberleader63

Banned
Mar 28, 2014
I wanna answer this first by saying thank you to FarSight.
This is the best game in the world to me.
That being said I don’t want better physics, I want it to play like video game.
Because it is a video game.
I would like to have no deadflips, and weak shots.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I wanna answer this first by saying thank you to FarSight.
This is the best game in the world to me.
That being said I don’t want better physics, I want it to play like video game.
Because it is a video game.
I would like to have no deadflips, and weak shots.

Disagree with that, while I know TPA will never be exactly like the real thing, if they can get it to as close as possible would be awesome.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I’d buy all tables on iPad and maybe buy them again on Steam if physics get anywhere close to as good as Pro Pinball’s Timeshock. I stopped with Season Three, because the physics are just so unrealistic if you play real pinball frequently. I don’t mean to sound like a snob although I accept that I probably do. It seems like the few of us that have pushed for more realistic physics over the years have just kinda given up.

The fact that you can’t even shoot a proper backhand shot for example, is really problematic. No ballspin either.

Fix the physics and I’ll buy everything remaining beyond Season Three gladly.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
The fact that you can’t even shoot a proper backhand shot for example, is really problematic. No ballspin either.

Fix the physics and I’ll buy everything remaining beyond Season Three gladly.[/QUOTE

I have to agree here. Man, I never was interested in those unrealistic fiction tables that Zen pinball provides. But I had some paypal left recently and got Pinball FX2 VR in a steam sale. It is impossible for me to back to TPA at the moment. The ball and flipper physics seem to be close to perfect for me. Man, you even can see the ball spin, which is awesome. And the spin seems to be perfect. On TPA and FP the ball just seems to float around. The reflections are fantastic. The maschines are a bit too easy, I dont like the wide bodies much and I still prefer recreations. But the physics thing is most important for me meanwhile.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just because you see ball spin in Zen doesn't mean it actually exists. After all, you can also see ball spin in TPA, and we know it doesn't exist. I have never had a ball in Zen do the crazy things a ball on a freshly waxed play field with fresh rubber will. I'd even posit that if the ball were to do some of those things while playing either TPA or Zen, we'd all call bullsh!t immediately and say it's completely unrealistic. I say that because if it weren't for me standing there playing a physical machine and seeing the ball actually do what it does, I wouldn't think it possible what I've sometimes seen happen. I've even had a ball 'go through the flipper' on a real table, in that it touched the rubber while having tremendous backspin and jumped right over the bat to drain.

I think if we could have even more random behavior for the ball from whatever it collides with, that would go a log way towards selling us the illusion. There is an uncanny valley though, where the closer to real we get, the more flaws we're gonna see.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I say that because if it weren't for me standing there playing a physical machine and seeing the ball actually do what it does, I wouldn't think it possible what I've sometimes seen happen. I've even had a ball 'go through the flipper' on a real table, in that it touched the rubber while having tremendous backspin and jumped right over the bat to drain.

Oh, I hate when that happens. It usually will hit the glass, when it does jump over the flipper.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I also seem to have trouble backhanding, eh, backflipping the ball; sometimes the physics just feel odd.

Ballspinn would be nice just to introduce a bit more randomnes, this might help a bit with the railroading too, when that is an issue.

Tapping; not all pinball machine flipper mechanics would do a tap-pass, am I correct? But most machines pre 85 would?

I was going to play Assassins Creed, which I've never played through, but now I'm going to load up Pinball Arcade :)
EDIT: But as poorly as I played now I don't need anything because I was all over the place, nothing worked.... I don't play TPA much lately, it is much more fun when I play it with a pal present (and playing).

Last edited:

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I'm just hoping that they update the older tables, especially Big Shot. The physics on that should be like the current EM releases, with the more slower play, but as is right now it plays like all the other tables. (fast)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.