Request Pick your first choice for a classic early 80's Bally table.

Pick your first choice of these classic Bally tables

• Spectrum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elektra

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Vector

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Medusa

• Centaur

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • Fathom

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Xenon

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Embryon

• Eight Ball Deluxe

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Paragon

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Embryon I believe its the 1 and only bally table with a flipper to save an outlane drain but first it must be activated.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Quit talking and start chalking

Eight Ball Deluxe is one classic table (note the quote in my signature) and it gets my vote. Unlike Big Shot, EBD correctly forces you to sink the 8-ball after you sink 7 balls. The ramps are used wisely for this game, and the penalty for hitting a post near a ramp (a near-certain drain) puts the emphasis on accuracy. At the same time, the right-side drop targets allow for more casual aiming. A well-balanced table with a classic pool theme.

My all-time favorite table is Paragon, though I doubt that it has the wide appeal of EBD. Paragon just has too many quirks, such as a double flipper on one side, spelling out "paragon" with a random letter hole, in-line drop targets for increasing bonus multiplier and that weird bumper box on the lower left. Paragon is the best of the wide-body era of 30-35 years ago.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I went EBD all the way.

I will play and most likely enjoy any of these tables. I can't imagine that they would have been put in the list if they were not good tables.
I just have more time in EBD and really really enjoy the theme and the layout.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
I find the lack of Centaur loving disturbing.

I'm sure Darth Vader had a Centaur machine in his room aboard the Death Star and that he force choked everyone saying eight ball deluxe was better. That is probably why Captain Needa really died.
...so that means those damn rebels destroyed a Centaur! Damn you Skywalker!

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The voting is pretty much what you would expect on these tables. Tad surprised Medusa only has one vote.

I love the artwork on Medusa but I reckon the lack of multiball (and a particularly vicious lower half of the playfield) stops it from being a player's favourite. It's a shame as it has some great features with the top target bank and zipper flippers. I always thought the saucer top-left (Neptune's Cove?) would have made a great ball lock for a 2-ball multiball, if somebody ever fancies reprogramming the game with a new rom set.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.