Pin inspired hobbies

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
So, as we all know, being able to control the ball, get those high scores is what it's all about. This thread is dedicated to the creative pinball players. This is an oppeetunity to express your creative side. Whether it be music, art, or maybe even your own design for a table. As long as it is pinball inspired. For me, making music has been my biggest hobby. The more I play pinball, the more I see it carry over into my music making. Well, have away with it.. And remember to be creative. This is not about copyright infringements either, so use your own judgement. Pics and links are encouraged

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I've made the perfect pinball background music (IMO). It is entitled multiplier. Hell, even if someone has come up with 1 sound for a super jackpot. Your own design, that would be perfect for this thread. Just don't steal it. It has to be of your own making, or inspired idea. Run away with it, I'm sure you guys have some ideas

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'm sorry to admit this but pinball has not inspired my music playing nor writing in the least bit (at least as far as I can tell). Even though I've been playing bass guitar for ~34 years, I only pick up the instrument every once in a while now. Pinball is more like my escape and to help forget about real life for awhile. ;)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm sorry to admit this but pinball has not inspired my music playing nor writing in the least bit (at least as far as I can tell). Even though I've been playing bass guitar for ~34 years, I only pick up the instrument every once in a while now. Pinball is more like my escape and to help forget about real life for awhile. ;)

Not even the most excellent music from Black Knight 2000? Or that slap bass riff from Dr. Dude's Gift of Gab?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This probably isn't what you had in mind but....this has influenced me musically.

my favorite pinball song:
I feel like a better person for having watched that :). (In its entirety) screw getting ready for work. I'd say it still fits within the vein of this thread. I'd say, if you know of other pinball inspired art, it's all good. Here is nice little pball inspired gem from syndaesia https://m.soundcloud.com/taciturn-digital/syndaesia-pinball

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I feel like a better person for having watched that :). (In its entirety) screw getting ready for work. I'd say it still fits within the vein of this thread. I'd say, if you know of other pinball inspired art, it's all good. Here is nice little pball inspired gem from syndaesia https://m.soundcloud.com/taciturn-digital/syndaesia-pinball
Cool glad you liked it. Sesame Street had some amazing music and art back in the day, now it's all fluffy and "elmo"y. Some of that stuff back then was straight up psychedelic.

Ok checking out that song you posted....wow, dubstep does make good pinball music. Also good for driving and shooters. Gets you in the zone.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I was watching a video of Reciprocal Skateboards on YouTube and in the pinball section of the skate shop they had a Cirqus Voltaire skateboard deck. I collect skateboard decks and have about 50+ brand new boards and laughed hard when I saw the joker on the board. I think it would be cool if someone on the forum knew how to screen t-shirts and made a Pinball Arcade Fans t-shirt. Have the logo on the front and all the tables in The Pinball Arcade backglasses in full color on the back of the t-shirt. I would definitely buy an XL for my expanding belly.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I was watching a video of Reciprocal Skateboards on YouTube and in the pinball section of the skate shop they had a Cirqus Voltaire skateboard deck. I collect skateboard decks and have about 50+ brand new boards and laughed hard when I saw the joker on the board.

Didn't they also have a TOMMY one for a while?

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Didn't they also have a TOMMY one for a while?

I have never seen the Tommy deck but would like to get a look at it. The funny thing about skateboard graphics are there all kinds of copyright infringements, spoofs etc... There is even a company called Cease & Desist that makes reproduction boards of a company from 1990's that got all kinds of cease and desist letters from companies and groups.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
I created some pinball-inspired music way back in my ocremix days. I can't think of anything I've done recently, unless you count a few wallpapers and box covers for personal use.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Oh I got one. Turning pinball into a drinking game. Last weekend, I brought the ps3 over to a friend's place. In my attempt to spread the word about pinball, I convinced him to let me hook it up to his projector. That was amazing, makes me want to buy one. But anyways, he didn't feel like playing, but was fine with just watching. So I hooked up some MB. And to make it interesting, we decided that I will take a drink when the ball drains, and he will take a drink whenever I get a monster. TBH, I was folding under the pressure. And draining left n right. But it's an interesting idea though. I wonder if you fellas have any ideas for 'take a drink when ___ on ___ table'. It'd make more sense if both people are playing, but it still works the other just wants to watch (and get flambasted) (that means, so wasted your breath is flammable)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
heh! only drinking game i've ever come up with is to the movie "twister". (that'd be a great one if that guy who built his own "bill paxton pinball" made the bumpers sample all the different times he says "sonuvab*!" during the flick). though there was an actual "twister" table, i guess! ("family mode" in it? lol!)

other than nursing dreams of opening my own barcade in town, and also mentally toying out plans for a "buckaroo banzai" table... i just dream of having enough time to play pinball and not do or worry about anything else. another time-sucker lately is re-trying out flight simulation via "x-plane"; i hadn't sim-flown in a while. picking up where i left off with "fly" for mac long ago; i'd love to at least feel competent with a cessna.

night

May 18, 2012
I like to share my Pin inspired hobby.

golfpin.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
I like to share my other Pin inspired hobby. It is called 'Try to hit the yellow guy in the back with a pinball table'.

pinthrow.jpg

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I like to share my other Pin inspired hobby. It is called 'Try to hit the yellow guy in the back with a pinball table'.

pinthrow.jpg

A Transformers. Do different pinball machines have different effects when thrown? Does throwing Transformers cause the receiving person to turn into Megatron?

night

May 18, 2012
You can throw any table you like, but you will get the most satisfaction out of Central Park.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts