Pinball After Dark

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
Check out the pictures on Pinside from last weekend's Python Anghelo fundraiser in California. Lots of very rare tables, including many that would be great for After Dark.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pictures-from-steve-tsobotapython-fund-raiser

The highlight is the first ever public sighting of the Zingy Bingy prototype - maybe the ultimate potential After Dark title. Would love to see this made by PA with some proceeds going to Python. Another very rare title, Wild Horse Saloon, would be an After Dark potential title too. (It's a European retheme of Stark Trek DE).

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Check out the pictures on Pinside from last weekend's Python Anghelo fundraiser in California. Lots of very rare tables, including many that would be great for After Dark.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pictures-from-steve-tsobotapython-fund-raiser

The highlight is the first ever public sighting of the Zingy Bingy prototype - maybe the ultimate potential After Dark title. Would love to see this made by PA with some proceeds going to Python. Another very rare title, Wild Horse Saloon, would be an After Dark potential title too. (It's a European retheme of Stark Trek DE).

Zingy Bingy looks nothing like what I've read about. The flippers look pretty standard rather than phallic. Some details are hard to see but certainly not as crazy as what the original description was.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Steve is an incredible collector. I got to visit his "house" in the summer for our pinball league, and it is truly a marvel. He didn't have King Kong, Zingy Bingy, or Wild Horses on display for us though! Probably because kids were invited too.

Lot of Python fundraisers going on. FarSight is even sponsored one that I think took place this past weekend at Casey's Man Cave here in SoCal. At our next pinball league, a door fee is being collected for Python too. Normally there's no charge. I know of at least 2 other places here in SoCal that are doing similar events. Lotta love in the pinball community.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Steve is an incredible collector. I got to visit his "house" in the summer for our pinball league, and it is truly a marvel. He didn't have King Kong, Zingy Bingy, or Wild Horses on display for us though! Probably because kids were invited too.

Lot of Python fundraisers going on. FarSight is even sponsored one that I think took place this past weekend at Casey's Man Cave here in SoCal. At our next pinball league, a door fee is being collected for Python too. Normally there's no charge. I know of at least 2 other places here in SoCal that are doing similar events. Lotta love in the pinball community.
I can't quite remember, was it you who posted photos from his house and he had games like Kingpin there? I still remember those photos!

karl

May 10, 2012
That collection is out of this world. You are truly lucky Shutyertrap, to have been able to play all those rare gems.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I can't quite remember, was it you who posted photos from his house and he had games like Kingpin there? I still remember those photos!

Yes, those were my photos. At the last league night a couple of the guys were wearing shirts that said "Zingy Bingy: Saw it. Played it. Got the shirt."

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Sometimes I think Farsight are too quick to mention ideas they think would be cool, versus solid plans they have in the pipeline...

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Sometimes I think Farsight are too quick to mention ideas they think would be cool, versus solid plans they have in the pipeline...

Has there been official news that PaD is not happening after all?Or just general scepticism because it hasn't been released yet or anytime soon?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Has there been official news that PaD is not happening after all?Or just general scepticism because it hasn't been released yet or anytime soon?

Never said it would or wouldn't happen, I just think FS are too eager to talk about things they have coming up when it's very early stages. Like the TAF kickstarter.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
after dsrk as a nice idea but the viablity of anither same gen oinball product? i love tpa but after dar seems to be an idea or simply vapourware

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Never said it would or wouldn't happen, I just think FS are too eager to talk about things they have coming up when it's very early stages. Like the TAF kickstarter.

Thinking about it, TPA on 3DS is another good example of this. They announced it was coming, then realised it wasn't feasible. Most companies would do things in the opposite order!

Even the downgraded PHOF they promised on 3DS hasn't been mentioned in ages.

Same with the Wii U. They announced it, but aren't focusing on it at all.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Thinking about it, TPA on 3DS is another good example of this. They announced it was coming, then realised it wasn't feasible. Most companies would do things in the opposite order!

Even the downgraded PHOF they promised on 3DS hasn't been mentioned in ages.

Same with the Wii U. They announced it, but aren't focusing on it at all.

The difference is the 3ds hardware has a great user base but the hardware can't handle it. The wii u can handle the game but has no user base (or projected user base) to match the other two consoles.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The wii u can handle the game but has no user base (or projected user base) to match the other two consoles.
AHEM! User base exists. I bought mine on day one. That's at least one pending sale they haven't earned yet due to their incessant procrastination. :rolleyes:

And I'm sure I'm not the only Wii-U owner waiting to buy this. What's really ironic, Farsight released this game on the Ouya store, and to the best of my knowledge, Wii-U has a larger userbase. Also I believe Wii-U owners are far more likely to actually purchase stuff considering 70% of the Ouya userbase who just bought it for the emulators and free games haven't made a single purchase. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts