Pinball After Dark

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wish they would release some info on After Dark. Even if it falls under the category of...this is what we would like to do.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
StarDust4Ever, I like your user icon!
Thanks! I dabble with photo editing sometimes. I guess you could call it Gimping since I don't have access to photoshop anymore.

Hardst part was deciding if the three balls triangle should point up or down. The squirrel photo was originally a popular NSFW internet meme.

I was stoked over Goin' Nuts and downloaded it immediately when it became available. It was fun for a few hours until I miraculously achieved a score of 1,999,000 placing me in the top 50 although my rank was extremely short lived. Yeah it sucked b/c I was that close to two mils... Upon revisiting the table, the odd but simple mechanics and rules got a little boring. There is definitely skill involved in hitting the captive ball before the timer expires. The table also makes for excellent multiball "juggling" practice.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Although the SS DMD era definitely was more "my time" (the only <1985 pins I ever played were Space Shuttle and Eight Ball Deluxe), the 1970s were probably the biggest decade for pinball overall. Though most of the top sellers were the early solid state, this "golden age" includes the tail end of the EM era.

I would like to see more, but it depends on sales I'm sure. Big Shot is a solid 1970s EM sales wise (12K units sold if you combine with the 4 player "Hot Shot" version), and they have a few of the bigger old SSs (Firepower, Gorgar, Black Hole, Black Knight). So Farsight would have an idea how well the oldies sold I guess.

Personally, I play Big Shot fairly regularly, it's a nice "wind down" pin. Firepower's actually one of the harder Pinball Arcade games in contrast and despite being so simple is great for a challenge.
Exactly! The EM and older SS tables are easier on the eyes, often play slower, and have simpler rule sets, hence the "cool down" effect. The sheer number of playfield elements and objectives in the later 90s tables is staggering and can be hard to follow.

While earlier tables tend to drain faster they were cheaper and often gave more balls. There was great challenge in keeping the ball in play but also great for cradling the ball to send it where you want. The 70s EM tables were probably best in that the basic formula with center flippers and outlanes had mostly been established by that time, yet featured wide open playfields with simple objectives. Don't get me wrong I love many of the later flashier tables, but variety is good. Big Shot plays so well it wets my appetite for more. Central Park doesn't really do it though. Too many drains...

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
29001501.jpg

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Looks like she could've been on one of the Cruis'n games, honestly.

...relatedly, still can't believe it's Nintendo that own that series. NINTENDO, of all companies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Looks like she could've been on one of the Cruis'n games, honestly.

...relatedly, still can't believe it's Nintendo that own that series. NINTENDO, of all companies.

That franchise is dead now, though. I can't imagine it will ever release another sequel. Could have actually worked for a racing pinball theme, though. Although it would probably be somewhat similar to Harley

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
That franchise is dead now, though. I can't imagine it will ever release another sequel. Could have actually worked for a racing pinball theme, though. Although it would probably be somewhat similar to Harley
I assume you're talking about Cruizin' USA and Cruizin' World on the N64? They were popular games back in the day but haven't aged very well. There's better racers on the N64.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
I'm still a fan of the Cruis'n series, honestly, although that's probably got to do with both my Midway bias as well as the fact that I grew up with those on the arcades, alongside Sega's finest. Hell, I even enjoyed that one on Wii, even if it was just a somewhat sloppy, license-less port of Raw Thrills' Fast & Furious arcade game.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I assume you're talking about Cruizin' USA and Cruizin' World on the N64? They were popular games back in the day but haven't aged very well. There's better racers on the N64.

We were all excited to get Cruisn USA on the N64. It was out for a while but all us college students had no money so we pooled our savings together. It basically had none of the fun of the arcade version and I remember how disappointed all of us were. It was the first time I ever saw someone dump a game within 24 hours. We ended up just going down to the arcade and playing the real version and Sega GT and SF Rush.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
+1 on KS for Tales From the Crypt. I've never played it but when I was a kid they had one in the entrance to the supermarket. I got separated from my mom at the grocery store and I must have stared at it for like ten, twenty minutes; I just couldn't take my eyes off that ghoulish backglass, LOL! What I wouldn't give to go back in time and conquer that pinvall table while my younger self watched in awe.

Anyone know where I can find a Delorian and a Flux Capacitor?

Can´t wait for the dirty adult themes :)
What about a "MILF-table"?
LOL, They should make a pin about Stifler's Mom from American Pie. :eek:

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Another couple of tables fitting for Pinball After Dark--

Dragon (has fully nude breasts on the side of the table...actually that's about it. Maybe they could just censor that and put it on regular TPA, but heck, why have Pinball After Dark if you're not going to use it for stuff like this?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQvojmUFro

Future Spa (near nudity on the backglass and highly sexual theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgx85BBMH3w

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts