Pinball Arcade 1.5GB PS4 update?

kane11

Aug 26, 2012
New update, and the fix sh*t, they are really ********.

Last edited by a moderator:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
They are clever guys, don't be offensive please. But their priority is pushing new dlc, this is very obvious :(

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It adds all of the new table data even if you didn't buy them?
Then what does it download when you purchase Add-On table's?

As you can play demo games on all tables on PS4 (like on mobiles and PC, but not on PS3), the update contains all new tables data. When you purchase a table pack on the PS Store, it's just an unlock key (100ko) that remove the time/score limit (I guess).

On PS3, it's different: an update contains the core game (the 4 launch tables ~500MB), and each time there is a game update, everything is downloaded again, even if there's no change (except the new table additions -menu, leaderboards, etc.). That's why there is no demo games for tables on PS3, otherwise each update size would be +12Go!

On the store, a PS3 DLC table pack is typically ~50MB, meaning that if FS want to patch a DLC table, they need to update the DLC itself on the Store (like they did with the Megapatch).

But they said after the Megapatch two years ago, that they would be able now to patch directly a DLC table within a game update (no need anymore to update the DLC in the store and redownload everything).

Err... we still wait. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
played those tables ,there fine,just a translucent ball at the plunger,water off a ducks back.it doesn`t stop you playing,it`s not the end of the world!!! now back to watch SYDNEY vs POHANG STEELERS !!! goodnight Irene !!!:cool:

It's just disheartening to see even more visual glitches added all while glaring issues such as the many tables with audio problems are not addressed. These have been going on for over 2 years now. With the PS4 way closer to PC architecture than the PS3 I don't see how the PC version can sound great, but the PS4 is crackling and popping like a wildfire.

I put together a video demo of update 1.21 showing off the new features as well as the new bugs. (I didn't catch the new Circus Voltaire "semi-translucent" square blocking the ramp bug until after though.)

To hear some of the bad audio go to 7:21 to hear the most obvious bits during Gorgar. The lack of music helps keep the pops and crackles from being drowned out. Listening to these tables with headphones makes it all the more obvious.

http://youtu.be/zFfCxtkFjS4 (7:21)

Oh and at 10:59 on the same video I actually tilted one of those ugly "ghost balls" to the surface next to the title card. Weird stuff...

Last edited:

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Extremely disappointed that the translucent square is still present in CV:mad:. Same goes for the black ball sized dot in front of the Borg ship by the loop ramp in ST:TNG.

Two years running and the audio sound is still borked and now visual issues arise.

The chrome Terminator skull looks chromier. Thanks for the sliders. Nice to see that option for the brightness like it was in the ps4 demo at some retail outlets before TPA-PS4 launch.

Really hope they get their **** together on the console side of things. Most, if not all the existing bugs have gone on for far too long, but I guess at this point why fn bother. A real pisser.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I get the impression FS should just concentrate on mobile and PC. Feels like they are damaging their image with a half baked console version ( I appreciate that the costs and DLC model is the main issue here).

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I get the impression FS should just concentrate on mobile and PC. Feels like they are damaging their image with a half baked console version ( I appreciate that the costs and DLC model is the main issue here).[/QUOTE

As I stated earlier in this thread or another, cost and DLC models on consoles are not excuses. Farsight has had their games on Sony and Microsoft systems for years now. They know how the game is played at this point. It's Farsight's responsibility to fix their inferior product that their customers paid for, not Sony, not Microsoft. Why are there so many other small, independent studios that seem to consistently update their titles on these systems, but not Farsight?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I get the impression FS should just concentrate on mobile and PC. Feels like they are damaging their image with a half baked console version ( I appreciate that the costs and DLC model is the main issue here).[/QUOTE

As I stated earlier in this thread or another, cost and DLC models on consoles are not excuses. Farsight has had their games on Sony and Microsoft systems for years now. They know how the game is played at this point. It's Farsight's responsibility to fix their inferior product that their customers paid for, not Sony, not Microsoft. Why are there so many other small, independent studios that seem to consistently update their titles on these systems, but not Farsight?

noted............ because FS spread themselves so thinly over so many platforms.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
noted............ because FS spread themselves so thinly over so many platforms.

True, but what does that mean for the Stern Pinball App? They can't even handle their current pinball game. As I stated, spread thinly or not, Pinball Arcade has been on Sony and Microsoft systems long enough that they should have developed some sort of consistent system by now for releasing tables and fixing bugs. Hire another person or two to work on the console versions. If you can't afford that, instead of releasing a table every month on PC and mobile, take a two month break between seasons and just focus on fixing the problems on all platforms. Myself, I prefer to play on consoles over PC and tablets. And I'm a Pinball Arcade fan, but not a fan of Farsight. I appreciate what their trying to do recreating these tables, but it has the potential to be so much more than what it is now.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
True, but what does that mean for the Stern Pinball App? They can't even handle their current pinball game. As I stated, spread thinly or not, Pinball Arcade has been on Sony and Microsoft systems long enough that they should have developed some sort of consistent system by now for releasing tables and fixing bugs. Hire another person or two to work on the console versions. If you can't afford that, instead of releasing a table every month on PC and mobile, take a two month break between seasons and just focus on fixing the problems on all platforms. Myself, I prefer to play on consoles over PC and tablets. And I'm a Pinball Arcade fan, but not a fan of Farsight. I appreciate what their trying to do recreating these tables, but it has the potential to be so much more than what it is now.

I second this exactly. Consoles players deserve bug free TPA. I know they have to keep revenue flowing with monthly table releases. But console players deserve equal attention. I would hate to see Farsight go steam/mobile only. But I am not happy with the frustration they have caused PS4 players and Wii U players. Different reasons mind you... lack of release for one and lack of bug fixes for the other...

But again, very well said thefly0810. Hire some console specific people and get these versions fixed/released, respectively.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I get the impression FS should just concentrate on mobile and PC. Feels like they are damaging their image with a half baked console version ( I appreciate that the costs and DLC model is the main issue here).

It's pretty clear that the console versions are nothing but money feeders for the PC And Mobile versions, like most indie games on consoles.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Nothing new here.

If I started a game studio, I'd only create games for mobile devices. The console process is BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m happy,there`s only 2 types of games I play ,pinball which I have about 130 tables and racing games.just on XBOX 1 and PS4 I have,FORZA 5,FORZA 6,FAST and FURIOUS,HORIZON 2,CREW and WILD RUN,PROJECT CARS,NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS,NEED FOR SPEED 2015,BIKES,WRC,GP 2015 and this year coming out HORIZON 3,ASSETTA CORSO,PROJECT CARS 2 AND THE GRAND DADDY OF ALL GRAN TURISMO SPORTS.plus throw in NO MANS SKY which I have pre ordered for something different.i prefer my games on console,except on PC PINBALL ARCADE is fantastic,PS4 is getting there slowly.plus I have THRUSTMASTERS for both XBOX 1 and PS4.as you can see if I`m not racing I`m playing pinball !!!! I`m just a big bloody kid !!!you talk about bugs on PA you want to see some bugs on my racing games,and most of the companies are big ones like SONY,EA GAMES and MICROSOFT and people complain about a small company like FARSIGHT !!! WELL THERE I`VE HAD MORE THAN MY 2 BOBS WORTH.!!!:cool:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I`m happy,there`s only 2 types of games I play ,pinball which I have about 130 tables and racing games.just on XBOX 1 and PS4 I have,FORZA 5,FORZA 6,FAST and FURIOUS,HORIZON 2,CREW and WILD RUN,PROJECT CARS,NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS,NEED FOR SPEED 2015,BIKES,WRC,GP 2015 and this year coming out HORIZON 3,ASSETTA CORSO,PROJECT CARS 2 AND THE GRAND DADDY OF ALL GRAN TURISMO SPORTS.plus throw in NO MANS SKY which I have pre ordered for something different.i prefer my games on console,except on PC PINBALL ARCADE is fantastic,PS4 is getting there slowly.plus I have THRUSTMASTERS for both XBOX 1 and PS4.as you can see if I`m not racing I`m playing pinball !!!! I`m just a big bloody kid !!!you talk about bugs on PA you want to see some bugs on my racing games,and most of the companies are big ones like SONY,EA GAMES and MICROSOFT and people complain about a small company like FARSIGHT !!! WELL THERE I`VE HAD MORE THAN MY 2 BOBS WORTH.!!!:cool:

Sometimes I like my games to look like they did when I originally purchased them.

(Cirqus Voltaire)

Pre Patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdZH8HM-7w

And not like somebody threw up code and forgot to clean up and then patched it.

Patch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYPffP-q3Y

Games are not supposed to get worse visually with each update. It's like false advertising.

Or see a trailer for a new table and then get the opposite visually on the PS4 due to bugs.

Hurricane Pinball Arcade trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE3WRRzSpVo

Should Farsight include a warning on the PS4 versions from here on out? "Visuals are likely to look off on PS4 compared to advertised material. Polished builds are also subject to change."

No because that would be silly. Just deliver a polished product and the complaints will vanish.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I was able to perform many drop catches in Party Zone, so it looks like that one has flipper physics 3.0 in now. I haven't played PZ in around a year, so forgive me if this is already known.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.