Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I would agree that Farsight's communication with the public and their users is seemingly mediocre. They've never had a significant website (looks like something from the 90s) or their own forum and interactivity with users. .

id have to entirely disagree with this statement with the forum and irc, theres been huge interaction from the devs compared to other companies even in free time. if you make a thread a dev feels the need to respond to they generally will. if you lurk on irc mike and ryan pop in on a fairly regular basis cool down to earth guys who are open to your questions assuming they are allowed to answer;)

im sure im not the only one who thinks this way

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I'd have to agree with both of you. On the one hand Mike's and Ryan's interaction with us here is really great, but on the other hand FS as a company seems to miss a lot of opportunities to promote their product (e.g. no link to Greenlight on their web presence).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
You would have had to have backed Twilight Zone's or ST:TNG's kickstarter for $500 or more.

That would be to get on the beta for those two tables. Since they reportedly finished the pc version before those two tables were
done they might have a beta with the first four tables that ship with the initial game.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That would be to get on the beta for those two tables. Since they reportedly finished the pc version before those two tables were
done they might have a beta with the first four tables that ship with the initial game.
It's certainly possible, but I think we would have heard of its existence if someone outside of FarSight had access to a general PC beta. We're not the greatest at keeping things to ourselves around here. :rolleyes:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Since it seems Greenlight isn't viable as an option (once a game passes the "hot" period, there's probably no chance of getting enough votes for being selected), I am hopeful for regular steam. why? Well, given they are committed to an Xbox 360 version which requires a publisher, I would think that publisher will then be able to also publish the pc version and therefore regular Steam. No doubt this may mean a bit more expensive tables (one other hand that needs their cut) but I m thinking this is just mot plausible now.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Since TPA just won best mobile game of 2012 on X-Play, maybe they should do a new video pointing this out along with some of the newer tables.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Latest ranking update: "We are hovering at around the mid 80s." I'm thinking that was due to the Greenlit games on November 30th, and Rose's Slamit Pinball video.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Latest ranking update: "We are hovering at around the mid 80s." I'm thinking that was due to the Greenlit games on November 30th, and Rose's Slamit Pinball video.

Thanks for the update - I was hoping it would be a bit higher by now. Do we know the date for the next batch of games to be announced..... BTW - who is Rose? :)

Last edited:

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
When have you last seen Farsight promoting the Greenlight link?
TPA's Greenlight page hasn't seen an update since September 14th. They could have added new videos like TZ and ST:TNG or the game running on a PC instead of those old Xbox 360 videos they have now.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I see this as a positive sign, that Farsight plans to get away from Valve / Steam.
Let's be optimistic, it's christmas time. Haha

Well from a realistic standpoint it is terrible. If they cannot get the game on a massive distribution network like Steam, then the PC version is basically doomed to obscurity and much lower sales.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
If they cannot get the game on a massive distribution network like Steam, then the PC version is basically doomed to obscurity and much lower sales.

True, true. In three posts, I already bothered a couple of people by saying that Farsight need to talk to EA and have to do business on the Origin platform (if possible).

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts