Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

Oct 22, 2012
Maybe it's just because I'm getting older now but 3 months or so seems almost like nothing to me these days :) The other (hopeful) flip side to this is that by the time it comes to the PC they would have worked out some more of the cross platform legacy bugs with the tables.

Hard to say how long it will take with current rates mind, they may get a surge of votes, or they might find they have tapped all the easy potential voters from their community and now have to fight a little harder. I know that's how it worked for us, we got a massive surge at the start, and in the last weeks started to get overtaken by other games. A very heavy Viral PR push helped keep us safely in the top ten, although in the end they accepted the top 20 anyway. In coming months it might only ever be the top ten, which would be bad news for PA.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Farsight should put up a link of their game on Greenlight in order to game more people to vote. Thanks to hparker11 from the group for this idea.

EDIT: Like your idea too, Running With Scissors.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It seems that much of the advertising for this game is through word-of mouth. Not that I have a problem with that, but it seems that the platforms PA appears on are doing next to nothing to promote this game app. I had do do some digging through Steam just to cast my vote for it.

Oct 22, 2012
I think if FS themselves employed someone full time to promote PA across various platforms they would make more than the money back in sales. Too many are simply not aware of their product.

Oct 22, 2012
I just noticed, they don't even have a link to their Greenlight page on their own webiste, or a link to these forums for that matter. Just seems like such a waste of an opportunity to connect with a very loyal and willing fanbase.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Quick, Farsight, provide that link so that you can get more voters!

EDIT: Running With Scissors, you're the Toploader guy from Steam? Congrats on your Greenlight of Postal 2!

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Haha that's great!

Two comments from the Postal folks:

"Don't really like suych kind of games but hey, it's not hard to upvote, so here goes."
"Upvoted, not my kind of game but hopefully it gets greenlit and you can enjoy it."

We need all of them. :) they already greenlit postal 2 and they do what Toploader tells them to do. :)

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Haha that's great!

Two comments from the Postal folks:

"Don't really like suych kind of games but hey, it's not hard to upvote, so here goes."
"Upvoted, not my kind of game but hopefully it gets greenlit and you can enjoy it."

We need all of them. :) they already greenlit postal 2 and they do what Toploader tells them to do. :)

I didn't think Postal votes would count - I thought you had to vote via the Internet. :D

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I didn't think Postal votes would count - I thought you had to vote via the Internet. :D

:) Reminds me, that a lot of people don't want to to vote because they have to buy a steam game first....
because of internet anonymity - everyone could create multiple accounts... postal votes would help ;)

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
...a lot of people don't want to to vote because they have to buy a steam game first...

Exactly what I did. I couldn't care less about Steam but I signed up and purchased a game (Monkey Island) just so I could vote for TPA. My end game is to build a pinball cabinet so while the console/phone versions have been nice distractions I have only ever cared about the PC version.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

@ND3G, at least you bought a good game on Steam to vote :D

Monkey Island was great - always remember, about 9 or 10 yrs ago, we had no work for a week in the drawing office I worked in, nr Christmas time.
A couple of us played it 8hrs a day, for nearly the full week, through to the end of the game.
Lucasarts made some great games!

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Sorry can't vote for Greenlit

I am on a PS3 so I can't do anything about it....Don't have a credit card to buy .99 things, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts