Pinball Arcade: "This Clock Is Worth Millions!" Tournament Talkback

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Even though this tremendous, tense timed tournament hasn't started yet, I'm going to put this thread here for when it does.

You might notice I like giving the tournaments punny titles. :)

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Enjoying it thus far. A few tables I don't like, but being forced to play them has made me better at them. What do the Silver stars signify?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Space Shuttle
Cactus Canyon
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Twilight Zone
Tee'd Off
Haunted House
Class of 1812
Victory

K

Korven

Enjoying it thus far. A few tables I don't like, but being forced to play them has made me better at them. What do the Silver stars signify?

Depending on what division you are in they indicate if you are moving up to silver from bronze or down from gold to silver. Top 10% are moving up and bottom 10% are going down.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
So how does this work, you get 20 minutes total playtime on each table then that's it? Or can you retry for another 20 minutes?

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
So how does this work, you get 20 minutes total playtime on each table then that's it? Or can you retry for another 20 minutes?
you get 20 minutes per game . it resets each new game. (note if you drain your balls quicker then 20 minutes then thats the end of the game its you drain or 20 minutes whatever comes first. )

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Played Tournament last night for a couple of hours. Went through all the tables at least once. Kindle Fire 8.9 HD.
I'm Silver level and currently in 8th place as of this writing.

The max time is 20 minutes per table, you can replay a table as much as you want. The table timer resets to 20 minutes with each restart.
I never hit the 20 minute max, so I have a new goal to see which table I can run that long, probably TZ!

My thoughts on the Tourny:
I like the table selection.
I'm surprised to see TZ as one of the tables since TZ had its own kickstarter tournament not too long ago.
I'm also surprised pause stops the timer. I'm sure it could be argued either way, but to me taking a 'break' should continue to run the time.

Last edited:
K

Korven

I'm curious about the silver division, how many are in it and how many are levelling up to gold?

I think I'm done with the tourney for awhile, worst rank at the moment is my 11th place on TZ, how the *bleep* do the top guys get 2B in 20 minutes?

That said, I really like the new format and had a blast so far.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
I'm curious about the silver division, how many are in it and how many are levelling up to gold?

I think I'm done with the tourney for awhile, worst rank at the moment is my 11th place on TZ, how the *bleep* do the top guys get 2B in 20 minutes?

That said, I really like the new format and had a blast so far.

If you're good at the LR-RR-P combo you can probably hit LitZ twice. I'm not great at it and still made it maybe one and a half.

What I can't do however is make much progress at Ripley's. Guess I should have bothered to learn that table huh.

K

Korven

If you're good at the LR-RR-P combo you can probably hit LitZ twice. I'm not great at it and still made it maybe one and a half.

What I can't do however is make much progress at Ripley's. Guess I should have bothered to learn that table huh.

But I usually only get around 300M on a LitZ so even hitting two would not get me close to the top.

Currently #1 on Ripley's, I had two continents tours on that game and didn't get x2 scoring on the first one so there's still room for progress.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Silver Tournament Mobile Stats, as of this writing:

198 Players Joined. (This is only joined players from silver rank, this may change as more people join)
Top 10% set to move to 'Gold' (Rank 1-19)
Bottom 10% set to move to 'Bronze' (Rank 179 and lower)

I'm still 8th with 609.35 points!
My best table rank is on Victory, #5 with a score of 25,154,330.

Highest TZ score is PezPunk with 1,838,473,980
My TZ score is 548,789,590 (Rank 47).

Highest RBION score is Raikus with 92,003,330
My RBION score is 44,220,910 (Rank 33). And I need to also learn this table..

Last edited:
K

Korven

Thanks for the info!

30 out of 41 has joined the gold division so far.

Top 3 on TZ has ~2B

I currently got #1 on Ripley's with 111M and 2nd has 82M.

fgrise

Aug 3, 2013
Played each table a few times today, and so far having fun!
Just broke the highest score on TZ, with only one LITZ though ;)
And 4th place overall for now :)

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
jj and i are duking it out in the silver league. still not sure why started in bronze :(

i took second or third (cant remember) in the first tournament, top ten in TZ and won the STTNG tourney. musta missed one somewhere.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts