Pinball Arcade: "Tiered Tournament!" Talkback

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Awesome score Dylan_h. Congratulations again. Big difference in points between the #1 and #2.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Good job, Dylan! I was one game-ending bug away from taking top Whirlwind score which would have put me at #2 overall, but your scores were pretty up there. :p

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Congrats to the top legit people in this tourney! As for myself,I just didn't have as much time to play as I wanted to...

But I'm not complaining - I got personal bests on Dr.Dude,T2,Flight 2000,Centaur,Whirlwind,and an awesome game of Pin* Bot (if I do say so myself) :)

My rank?

89 out of 890 players. That makes me,according to the standings - the last player to move up into the silver section.
I'm happy with that!

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
The scores are officially up!

Congratulations to dylan_h, Crusty Booger, and Tripple I. I have landed in 32nd place due to a valiant effort on Flight 2000, and hope to kick some pinbutt next time around! :eek:

Did you beat my score (7.9M) on Flight 2000? I had 1st for about 4-5 days, and was worried I might drop out of the gold tier if that was beat. I dropped several places near the end, but managed to stay in the top 10%.

Dave (woof321)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Finished at 25. Surprised I ended up that high. Most of my scores were not close to the top. Do a lot of people not play every pin?

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I expect many played them all, but there was more parity between participants than in the past. In previous tourneys I could get 80 pts on any table with little effort, and would then work to squeeze a few more points. For this one, I had to work to break 50 on some tables. Much more fun - set a few new personal bests and learned some new strategies.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Finished at 25. Surprised I ended up that high. Most of my scores were not close to the top. Do a lot of people not play every pin?

I usually will play two pin per day seriously, then go back and play a few here and there and the last couple tourneys have not played the last day or two seriously. Some scores are awesome, and honestly, I hate breaking PR's in tourneys lol. Nice job by the top 5 for sure.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Didnt make the cut, ah well. I like Cirqus but have trouble keeping comtrol after ringmaster shots, and apart from Centaur my other scores were okay but nothing spectacular.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I almost never seem to get a working high wire multiball in CV - always seems to lose track of ball and does the search and spits them out early. Seems only way I can avoid this is to immediately call attendant upon locking a ball, then hope I don't instead get stuck in plunger cam with balls in play. Very frustrating table, rarely ever play it.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Yeah, only bugs I run into are the cannon shooting out of the backglass and the camera not going to the plunger on the first highwire (so no skill shot). I just can't get a consistent return off the ringmaster.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, only bugs I run into are the cannon shooting out of the backglass and the camera not going to the plunger on the first highwire (so no skill shot). I just can't get a consistent return off the ringmaster.

I Usually bounce pass when it's coming back from the ringmaster. It's almost always more controllable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Don't sell yourself short - nice job by the top 6, eh? ;^)

I squeaked by you with a PB on White Water that I almost wish I saved for the non-tourney LB.

y Wh2o score was a PB as well. (I went back to the regular pin and still falling a bit short of that PR). I will say this , this is my third tourney and the first one I played in I set 7 PRs on the 8 tables. Made me much better player. So for anyone reading this that thinks the tournaments are a waste, it really does make you better. You guys in the top 5 still had me by a few points, so no bragging rights for me.

K

Korven

Only tables I did really work on (played more than a handfull of games on) were Dr Dude, Flight 2K & my personal tournament nemesis; Pin●Bot.

Had to do alot of playing on the phone too, so I'm kinda surprised I did finish in the top 10%.

N

netizen

sweet! I played an actual 2 games. 1 of T2 and 1 of Pin*Bot

I Managed to come in in the top 50%, LOL

Yet when I do press the My Score button I am shown a score that is roughly double my position down the list of players.

I came in 417, and I am shown player 832. How strange is that?

K

Korven

Silver had 415 players, quess they are counted as well? Which means you finished last?

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Silver had 415 players, quess they are counted as well? Which means you finished last?

Came in 41st. Last spot for promotion. Posted a half decent score on WW just before mr phone went dead on the last night of the tourney. Congrats Dylan and Crusty. Nice playing.

fgrise

Aug 3, 2013
Finished 5th in the bronze tournament, and without this bug in WW would have possibly finished a bit higher.
Anyway, pretty fun and as some people say, it also made me play tables I don't play that often and made me appreciate some of them more. Looking forward to the next one!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts