Pinball Arcade Version 1.17 Now live on PSN/PS4

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Also wondering if anyone knows if the disc version if the Pinball Arcade Season 2 has trophies?

I did something cheeky and asked my daughter if I could install Season 2 DISC on her PS4...

It does have trophies, however they are the same trophies as Season 1. That means there are "NO" trophies for any of the Season 2 tables. The icon used in the trophy section is also the normal Pinball Arcade one, so it's just showing it as Pinball Arcade. BTW as no other tables exist on my daughters machine, tables that can be updated to PRO have a Buy PRO Now next to them, like it would be to buy a table you don't own. Just the standard versions on the disc.

The update for it was v1.08, looking at Whirlwind the Bulb Brightness Slider is there and the steel ball is dark, looks just like the download version.

One thing that was nice to see was this boot screen, the blue is smart!
pinball_arcade_season2_title.jpg

PAL Version:
pinball_arcade_s2_v1_08.jpg

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Regarding Ball Brightness.

I've never bothered with custom balls personally as I prefer the classic steal ball, but as the ball is so dark on PS4 I grabbed Season 1 & 2 custom balls for a nose.

Season 2 custom balls has 2 that might be useful if you don't mind the ball looking grey...
One looks to be a glow in the dark ball. In action this ball looks light grey for the most part, like Pinball Fantasies grey ball and can be seen at all times.
One other, it looks like a Negative Borg Ball, light grey will small black markings over it. Looks ok on my screen and more then likely the one I'll go with for now. Lighter than the steal ball and easy to see at all times.

Season 1,
The golf ball. Looks grey in play, like the other 2 I listed it's easier to see than the steal ball.

PS. Just for the record, I have my RGB Range on LIMITED in the PS4 Video Output options. RGB FULL makes the picture way darker...

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Regarding Ball Brightness.

I've never bothered with custom balls personally as I prefer the classic steal ball, but as the ball is so dark on PS4 I grabbed Season 1 & 2 custom balls for a nose.

Season 2 custom balls has 2 that might be useful if you don't mind the ball looking grey...
One looks to be a glow in the dark ball. In action this ball looks light grey for the most part, like Pinball Fantasies grey ball and can be seen at all times.
One other, it looks like a Negative Borg Ball, light grey will small black markings over it. Looks ok on my screen and more then likely the one I'll go with for now. Lighter than the steal ball and easy to see at all times.

Season 1,
The golf ball. Looks grey in play, like the other 2 I listed it's easier to see than the steal ball.

PS. Just for the record, I have my RGB Range on LIMITED in the PS4 Video Output options. RGB FULL makes the picture way darker...

I use the shiny green ball, it looks the brightest in dark areas, to my eyes--except on Big Shot where it blends into the green playfield, so there I use the shiny blue ball. : P Oh well that and I guess most of the patterned balls just sort of hurt my eyes. : P

Which ball do you mean is a glow in the dark ball? There is one um I think it was Addams Family ball that has a light in it, but it only flashes on irregularly.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Look for the green Champion Pub ball which has pictures of two fists on it, the second ball along from Champion Pub looks to be a glow in the dark ball...
It looks more snot color. Maybe a couple of shades darker than glow in the dark paint/toys.

That sort of Star Trek Borg light grey with black marks I was on about is about 2 or 3 after it. It shines better than the steal ball on PS4 with the way things are at the moment.

I know the blue ball you mean..., the image of it looks nice. I'd rather have a steal ball that I can see but will take a look at this blue one as they are all new to me. :)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Was playing SStiff and noticed this. Anyone else experienced this? Video file was too big to add.
The Stiff in the coffin is glitching during play.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I did something cheeky and asked my daughter if I could install Season 2 DISC on her PS4...

It does have trophies, however they are the same trophies as Season 1. That means there are "NO" trophies for any of the Season 2 tables. The icon used in the trophy section is also the normal Pinball Arcade one, so it's just showing it as Pinball Arcade. BTW as no other tables exist on my daughters machine, tables that can be updated to PRO have a Buy PRO Now next to them, like it would be to buy a table you don't own. Just the standard versions on the disc.

The update for it was v1.08, looking at Whirlwind the Bulb Brightness Slider is there and the steel ball is dark, looks just like the download version.

One thing that was nice to see was this boot screen, the blue is smart!
https://s23.postimg.org/ht1k3n5bv/pinball_arcade_season2_title.jpg

PAL Version:
https://s1.postimg.org/4ja1qix6n/pinball_arcade_s2_v1_08.jpg

So there IS Trophy support included with Pinball Arcade ESeason 2, but just not for ANY tables on S2 or later. That's actually pretty funny. It's sort like like buying Metal Gear Solid V and then it installs trophy support for MGS IV. :p

I use the shiny green ball, it looks the brightest in dark areas, to my eyes--except on Big Shot where it blends into the green playfield, so there I use the shiny blue ball. : P Oh well that and I guess most of the patterned balls just sort of hurt my eyes. : P

Which ball do you mean is a glow in the dark ball? There is one um I think it was Addams Family ball that has a light in it, but it only flashes on irregularly.

Yeah, the Addams Family LED ball would be perfect if it didn't turn off randomly. I don't understand why that's even programmed in like that? Perhaps they were worried that it would give some gamers an unfair advantage or something.

It would be nice if they just added ambient light to the ball. I don't think the balls are reflecting any light sources other than the table bulbs and those are barely even lighting up at the moment.

I really just hope we get the lighting fix sooner than later. Right now Stern Pinball Arcade looks so much better than the standard TPA tables.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I believe the ball problem is all related to what I said in the link below, and we may not be seeing custom balls as they should be seen as the golf ball is grey and not white:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/12471-Table-and-Ball-Lighting-issues-PS4-amp-XBOX1

I do wonder if one of the versions out there, (as the game is now) was having problems with this extra lighting the game used to have? One version was slowing down because of it or something? It does not add up though because what was never needed before is now extra work...

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I believe the ball problem is all related to what I said in the link below, and we may not be seeing custom balls as they should be seen as the golf ball is grey and not white:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/12471-Table-and-Ball-Lighting-issues-PS4-amp-XBOX1

I do wonder if one of the versions out there, (as the game is now) was having problems with this extra lighting the game used to have? One version was slowing down because of it or something? It does not add up though because what was never needed before is now extra work...

The ball has looked very dark since the ability to dim the room lighting. They apparently are aware of the problem and will hopefully address it sooner than later.

The problem is not just with the ball, but the entire table. The lights look a bit like if the machine was turned off. Even with 100% bulb brightness.

Even though the ball was still to dark, many versions ago, it wasn't as bad as it is in its current state.

How it used to look a few updates ago:
PinballArcade-CFTBL-2.png

As it looks currently:
PinballArcade-CFTBL-3.png

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Any news yet on when 1.18 with the lighting fixes may be out?

The even-numbered ones are the European releases. We're eagerly anticipating v1.19 in North America... that or the release of Ghost Busters for SPA, or the rest of Season 6 (more so on the PS3). I've been playing some Season 1 and 2 tables as they are going to be a lot harder with the update (according to the Blahcade podcast).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The even-numbered ones are the European releases. We're eagerly anticipating v1.19 in North America... that or the release of Ghost Busters for SPA, or the rest of Season 6 (more so on the PS3). I've been playing some Season 1 and 2 tables as they are going to be a lot harder with the update (according to the Blahcade podcast).

Actually, that's not how it works with updates. They don't skip numbers to make them odd or even. I.E. the last North American firmware update was 1.16.

The main difference is the European version is one number ahead of us.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.