Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam on May 10th!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ahh, I see. The game was labeled "free to play", so I thought maybe it actually came with a free table like the iOS version does.

So is there online multiplayer? I can't quite tell from the menus since I haven't bought anything yet.

The interface is incredibly slick. Farsight should really take some notes.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I tried this today and one thing that strikes me which I have read elsewhere is the ball is really bright. I mean it ridiculously bright and totally ruins the game. They need some kind of brightness control for it for sure.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ahh, I see. The game was labeled "free to play", so I thought maybe it actually came with a free table like the iOS version does.

So is there online multiplayer? I can't quite tell from the menus since I haven't bought anything yet.

The interface is incredibly slick. Farsight should really take some notes.

They are going to update the game with the older tables, hopefully including Sorcerer's Lair and Mars.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Been giving this a try today. Was initially a fan of PFX and PFX2 on the Xbox 360 some time ago, but I definitely prefer TPA.

The Steam version is a nice step up from the Xbox 360 version in terms of graphics.

Looks great in portrait too :)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Anyone know?

Looked on the store page, don't know if they'll include online multiplayer. There is online leaderboards to compare (add me Jeff on Steam!)

EDIT: Already have some nice scores on the Star Wars tables. Boba Fett is really challenging.

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
After spending some time with the demo, I see no reason why I would pay for the full release. It's nice and all, but it's just so frustratingly sterile! Just doesn't capture the nature of pinball in the way that TPA does. The demo is nice enough for a knock about, until TPA comes along on Steam.

I'd maybe take the Zen plunge again if the packs were cheaper (50% off might be tempting!), but for now it's just not worth it for me.

So many samey, generic Marvel tables. So many containing oversaturated colour meltdown!

I just wish Zen had opted for a much more realistic approach to their table creation, in the same way FarSight have.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
After spending some time with the demo, I see no reason why I would pay for the full release. It's nice and all, but it's just so frustratingly sterile! Just doesn't capture the nature of pinball in the way that TPA does. The demo is nice enough for a knock about, until TPA comes along on Steam.

I'd maybe take the Zen plunge again if the packs were cheaper (50% off might be tempting!), but for now it's just not worth it for me.

So many samey, generic Marvel tables. So many containing oversaturated colour meltdown!

I just wish Zen had opted for a much more realistic approach to their table creation, in the same way FarSight have.

This is an excellent summary of my feelings for all of Zen's tables. They just don't seem to understand what makes pinball fun; in particular, there is just very little positive feedback when you do something you're supposed to do--you can be batting the ball all over, hitting ramps right and left, and the game is nearly silent. Eerie. I was buying all their tables, thinking they'd figure this out soon enough, but they just haven't.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
This is an excellent summary of my feelings for all of Zen's tables. They just don't seem to understand what makes pinball fun; in particular, there is just very little positive feedback when you do something you're supposed to do--you can be batting the ball all over, hitting ramps right and left, and the game is nearly silent. Eerie. I was buying all their tables, thinking they'd figure this out soon enough, but they just haven't.

Ah, you nailed it. Fun and feedback, Zen. FUN AND FEEDBACK.

A constantly looping backing track just doesn't cut it either.

Good call, smbhax.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Yeah... I was really hoping there'd be head-to-head multiplayer, as that would be the one thing that could make the game somewhat exciting for me since I'm not much of a fan of the physics and gameplay either.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
By bringing TPA to the PC, I think FarSight have a chance to really obliterate this game when TPA comes to Steam. FarSight really do have a handle on what makes pinball fun. Not only that, but they obviously have some cool REAL tables lined up for us, all with their own identity and soul.

I really hope that FarSight can up their game a little (excuse the pun!) when it comes to lighting, shaders and overall production values on the PC version, to really take advantage of the massive void Zen seem incapable of filling.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Spent about 3hrs today playing the Star Wars tables (Xbox & Android, not pc though). All 3 are amazing original creations and the quality is damned near faultless (can't speak for the steam ver).
I love the older tables too. V12 is getting a lot of play this last week.

Can't understand why people close their minds to this.
I love playing both TPA and Zen. You don't have to choose a side you know.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

I totally agree with this. And I have all the Zen tables up to the Star Wars ones--and I still tried out the demos for those. I'll give just about any pinball game a shot. Now if only that Zaccaria one would come to Android...

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Spent about 3hrs today playing the Star Wars tables (Xbox & Android, not pc though). All 3 are amazing original creations and the quality is damned near faultless (can't speak for the steam ver).
I love the older tables too. V12 is getting a lot of play this last week.

Dude, it isn't about choosing sides. I have all the old PFX1 tables and most of the PFX2 tables on the Xbox 360. I was also one of the first members on Zen's original PFX forum. So my mind is well and truly open.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. Glad you are having fun on the Star Wars tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts