Pinball FX3 announced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Some pretty old licenses. Pinball must really be for old farts like me. Could my Mom be right? Am I a cool kid after all? :confused: :p

Kolchak, I think you are cool, but I am 49 and about as hip as Marty McFly's dad, so maybe we should ask one of the popular kids like Heretic.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
im-mary-poppins-yall-19990277.png

Cool is not cool!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Someone posted this on the zen forum:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...h-pinball-fx-3-s-universal-classics-pack.aspx

I was really excited about the Jaws table, but now I think I'm more excited about BTTF. I mean, how do you make a Jaws table without mentioning Brody or Hooper (although Quint is probably my favorite character). And no Jaws theme? It is bad enough that the BTTF theme (or ET theme) won't be included, but it is something I can get over. A Jaws table without the Jaws theme and major characters just won't seem like Jaws to me.

Even Farsight's version of Premier's Teed Off has a variation of the Jaws theme. Come on Zen!

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Someone posted this on the zen forum:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...h-pinball-fx-3-s-universal-classics-pack.aspx

I was really excited about the Jaws table, but now I think I'm more excited about BTTF. I mean, how do you make a Jaws table without mentioning Brody or Hooper (although Quint is probably my favorite character). And no Jaws theme? It is bad enough that the BTTF theme (or ET theme) won't be included, but it is something I can get over. A Jaws table without the Jaws theme and major characters just won't seem like Jaws to me.

Even Farsight's version of Premier's Teed Off has a variation of the Jaws theme. Come on Zen!

These tables without the original songs is a HUGE disappointment to me.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
The music is a big part of a table. If you can't have the signature music, that really detracts from the game.

I can't believe Zen doesn't have the rights to have correct music.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Yep, I just gotta agree with the part about the lack of theme songs; I'm fine with the actor soundalikes, but why do they get a license but don't bother getting the music from the films?

I was going to comment about how this pack is missing a Jurassic Park table, but it just won't be the same to me without the music.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Can I just say while some of spelibergs movies are true classics his overall body of work is above average at best....*runs*

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yep, I just gotta agree with the part about the lack of theme songs; I'm fine with the actor soundalikes, but why do they get a license but don't bother getting the music from the films?

Music is a completely separate license, and has nothing to do with the movie (in terms of licensing). You'd negotiate with Universal for the movie, and with the song rights holder (along with the composer, and performer) for the music. This is a big problem with older TV shows, as the music was licensed for broadcast use only, and when it comes to releasing it on DVD they have to go back and negotiate the home video rights to the songs (resulting in lots of songs being replaced).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Music is a completely separate license, and has nothing to do with the movie (in terms of licensing). You'd negotiate with Universal for the movie, and with the song rights holder (along with the composer, and performer) for the music. This is a big problem with older TV shows, as the music was licensed for broadcast use only, and when it comes to releasing it on DVD they have to go back and negotiate the home video rights to the songs (resulting in lots of songs being replaced).

I'm a big TV on DVD fan as well. Free plug, love tvshowsondvd.com, thank you for that. Yeah, it's a real bummer. I know these were huge issues with WKRP as well Northern Exposure (off the top of my head). It's easy to forget how difficult it can be to get a license for a pin. Just hurts when the music is such a big part of the license. Hard to think of Jaws without the music. They are one and the same in my head.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

I was going to comment about how this pack is missing a Jurassic Park table, but it just won't be the same to me without the music.
I'd also have to agree on this. BTTF with the brass theme won't be the same. To an extent, ET and Jaws without the John Williams score is also not the same.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It looks like the official list of tables being carried over was released. They will all be in PFX3 except for:

-Both South Park tables
-Street Fighter II
-Ninja Gaiden
-Plants Vs Zombies
-Ms Plosion Man

It doesn't say that Super League Football would be available, but it doesn't say it won't either. I remember zen saying awhile ago that they were working on a delicensed version, so maybe it will come to fx3 at a later date.

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=7191

I am a little shocked and disappointed about the South Park tables, the other ones aren't really a big surprise except maybe Plants Vs Zombies.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
It looks like the official list of tables being carried over was released. They will all be in PFX3 except for:

-Both South Park tables
-Street Fighter II
-Ninja Gaiden
-Plants Vs Zombies
-Ms Plosion Man

It doesn't say that Super League Football would be available, but it doesn't say it doesn't either. I remember zen saying awhile ago that they were working on a delicensed version, so maybe it will come to fx3 at a later date.

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=7191

I am a little shocked and disappointed about the South Park tables, the other ones aren't really a big surprise except maybe Plants Vs Zombies.

Plants vs Zombies wasn't in the mobile version either because of popcap licensing

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
PopCap are no longer the PopCap that we used to know and love. EA bought them out in 2011 and are currently milking their franchises.

If there's someone blocking PvZ Pinball from going to FX3, look no further than corrupt EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.