Pinball Map App

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Heh, when I still lived in Chicago I frequented a place with a TSPP, Nascar, and Starship Troopers. The TSPP and NASCAR were both on the default replay settings (if memory serves, TSPP was 5mil and NASCAR was 12mil) and nobody else with any skill seemed to ever play them, so they were always easy to score some freebies.

For someone who doesn't know TSPP well, I can see how getting 5 mil might not be stupid easy, but 12 mil on NASCAR is a joke. That said, it's a very fun and totally underrated pin, IMHO.

mrgamesmaster

May 29, 2013
thank you. awesome app! found a metallica!

No prob. It's been a lot of fun using this app to find the tables around. I found a nearby Creature from the Black Lagoon I still need to visit some time.

Heh, when I still lived in Chicago I frequented a place with a TSPP, Nascar, and Starship Troopers. The TSPP and NASCAR were both on the default replay settings (if memory serves, TSPP was 5mil and NASCAR was 12mil) and nobody else with any skill seemed to ever play them, so they were always easy to score some freebies.

For someone who doesn't know TSPP well, I can see how getting 5 mil might not be stupid easy, but 12 mil on NASCAR is a joke. That said, it's a very fun and totally underrated pin, IMHO.

I've only gotten to play the NASCAR pin a few times now, but I could tell it needed some work. If you sent the ball to the garage, then when it shot it out, it would go SDTM which would get quite frustrating since it charged .75.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The one thing I wish the pinballmap.com mobile app did that the main webpage does is show the games list for a location from the map view (in the little caption bubble that pops up when you select the flag). I was using the mobile app recently on my phone and was finding it cumbersome to choose a place to go without seeing the games. So I ended up having to do a lot of toggling back and forth between the map view and the list view.

All in all I think that pinballrebel.com map has the best functionality for searching but the data is a little outdated for my area (I'm working on that).

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Bah. I went to the arcade that stated that a TZ was there. Nope. That, FH, and BoP didn't exist. Just South Park and LotR. What a shame.

jcasetnl

Jul 29, 2013
Pinballmap utterly neglects New Jersey. The Pinside map, however, intrigues me. There's apparently a TZ near me! I gotta go check it out.

Actually, it's more accurate to say that New Jersey utterly neglects the map app.

As long as you have decent number of locations (I don't know what the minimum is but 15 sounds reasonable) they will set up a city and make you an admin. I started the SF Bay Area map and was one of the first cities it expanded to after they started it in portland.

The requirement of an area admin is added insurance that someone who gives a crap will keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't get loaded with spam or junk locations, and so on.

If you know someone willing to step up, they can go to the site and email them.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Ah, that's cool, I didn't know that. So if I can find a couple more locations near Syracuse I might be able to get them to add it. Hmmm...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts