Pinball Parlour in Earlington PA

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I still haven't gotten down there. They were closed for the move. I didn't even know they had reopened. My wife and I will make the trek in the next couple of months. As long as I promise her a banana split from the ice cream shop, she will come along for company. I'm kinda waiting for the WOZ they ordered to show up. Did they get it yet?

Not yet. I wanted to ask the owner the last time but he was busy.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Seconding the Gallery. In addition to the above, they've got Stern's Spiderman and Shrek, both in great shape.

They also do monthly tournaments on the first Tuesday of each month. 25 people came this month!

AlBravo

Mar 13, 2013
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on Downingtown. That is just 30 minutes North of me. That got me googling arcades in my area. 1984 is a bar in Wilmington with a retro theme and a good list of games:

Area 51
Batman (pinball)
Black Hole
Burgertime (cocktail)
Centipede
Marvel vs Capcom
Donkey Kong (cocktail)
Double Dragon
Frogger
Galaga (with 60-game Multicade)
Gauntlet II
Hurricane (pinball)
Joust
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot (pinball)
Missile Command
Ms. Pacman
NFL Blitz 2000
Nintendo Playchoice
Pacman
Punch-Out!
Robocop
Simpsons (4 playa)
Sinistar(cockpit)
Street Fighter II
Super Off-Road (4 player)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (pinball)
Tetris
Tron
Xevious

http://1984wilmington.com/

I think I'll drag the wife down there on Saturday and check it out.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Notes from Pinball Parlour last night
EMs - only three were working (Liberty, OXO, and Doozie)
All other pins were playable other than Fish Tales
They now have 4 colored DMDs. AFM, MM, TAF, STTNG They looked beautiful.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Great to hear you're having fun.
Last night I finally got to play some real pins too. A private pin-parlour in Alkmaar with 20+ nineties tables.
http://pinside.com/pinball/koog/collectie
Some would call me crazy for only playing one game of Indiana Jones, and one game of ST;TNG...
...but they had Monster Bash man. That's my favorite.

The other private pin-parlours in the Netherlands are too damn far from home. Alkmaar's a just 30 minute trainride.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hey Jutter, I only played one game of Indiana Jones too. I love the theme, DMD animations, and the audio is great, but the gameplay isn't very exciting. There aren't that many fun shots and it feels cramped, like you are only playing on the bottom third of the table. If it wasn't Indiana Jones I don't know if I would play it at all.

RyThom

Jan 2, 2013
When I was at The Pinball Parlour last they had just installed the color DMD in AFM and it looked so cool - gotta go back to see the others in action! I was the only guy in there and Paul was nice enough to let me really crank up the audio on AFM too. "ATTACK!!" never sounded more awesome ;)

Kolchak - if you're ever jonesing for some Stern tables, the bowling alley kiddy-corner from The Pinball Parlour has a LoTR, Batman, Spiderman, NBA Fastbreak, Pirates of the Carribbean, and RBION. At least they did back in October :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
When I was at The Pinball Parlour last they had just installed the color DMD in AFM and it looked so cool - gotta go back to see the others in action! I was the only guy in there and Paul was nice enough to let me really crank up the audio on AFM too. "ATTACK!!" never sounded more awesome ;)

Kolchak - if you're ever jonesing for some Stern tables, the bowling alley kiddy-corner from The Pinball Parlour has a LoTR, Batman, Spiderman, NBA Fastbreak, Pirates of the Carribbean, and RBION. At least they did back in October :)

Haven't hit the bowling alley yet. I hear they are still all there and in pretty good condition. There is also a bowling alley in Quakertown (on my way to Pinball Parlour) that has a few Sterns including Elvis. I'm planning in hitting all three in one day in the near future.

Did you come all the way from Michigan to play pinball?

RyThom

Jan 2, 2013
No, I didn't make a special trip. I was in the area on business, was playing TPA in my hotel room, craved the real thing, Googled "Pinball arcade" and found The Parlour that way. While I didn't come out exclusively for pinball this time, Paul told me about "The Pinball Route" - a chain of pinball arcades/museums that snakes through PA and the East Coast. Sounds like a real good road trip to me!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I heard of The Pinball Route. Not exactly sure of all the places on it though. But the east coast still has a handful of great places left.

My next major stop will be the Pinball Gallery in Dowingtown, PA. Dtown8532 mentioned it to me and it sounds like another super place.
http://www.pinballgallery.net/

AlBravo

Mar 13, 2013
Just got back from Pinball Gallery in Downingtown. Took the wife with the bribe of ice cream. She has never been in to pinball. Luckily she had a blast playing 2 player with me. The T2 game got her hooked. All the games were in good condition. Loved the well lit room with the ice cream towards the back (butter pecan and pistachio were excellent). Lots of Dads with their kids reliving their childhoods. A great place for the whole family. Back to the Future just got put on the floor and was 100%. Best part of the trip was I got the go ahead to build my first virtual cabinet. So I get to steal the 46" Samsung from the living room and buy a new replacement. Shooting for a finish date mid June for my birthday.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Just got back from Pinball Gallery in Downingtown. Took the wife with the bribe of ice cream. She has never been in to pinball. Luckily she had a blast playing 2 player with me. The T2 game got her hooked. All the games were in good condition. Loved the well lit room with the ice cream towards the back (butter pecan and pistachio were excellent). Lots of Dads with their kids reliving their childhoods. A great place for the whole family. Back to the Future just got put on the floor and was 100%. Best part of the trip was I got the go ahead to build my first virtual cabinet. So I get to steal the 46" Samsung from the living room and buy a new replacement. Shooting for a finish date mid June for my birthday.

Glad you and the wife enjoyed yourselves. It's definitely family friendly. I would prefer it darker and more like the arcade atmosphere of the past but I understand why it's not.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My wife and I are both off work this coming Friday. I'm trying to talk her into hitting the Pinball Gallery.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I was looking forward to checking this place out on Saturday when I go out to watch some wrestling in Easton, but then I saw they're only open 7-10pm, and the wrestling show starts at 7. Not gonna happen. Great list of pinball tables, what a shame, though.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I was looking forward to checking this place out on Saturday when I go out to watch some wrestling in Easton, but then I saw they're only open 7-10pm, and the wrestling show starts at 7. Not gonna happen. Great list of pinball tables, what a shame, though.

Yea. Their hours are one the things that keep me from going anymore. I guess if you were local it wouldn't be a big deal but when you got to deal with turnpike traffic and it takes over an hour to get there, meh, I'll get my fix some other way.

AlBravo

Mar 13, 2013
Just got back. They have a Whirlwind in great condition. I loved being able to compare it to the digital version. You really comprehend the multilevel play much better in RL. But the Instructions in TPA are so useful. A few machines had weak flippers. Which is the first time I've found fault at this shop. Still a great place for a Sunday afternoon.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'll be hitting the Pinball Parlour again this Thursday with a couple of friends. Always have a good time there.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Got back from the Pinball Parlour about an hour ago. Went early and hit the bowling alley near it too. The bowling alley had a bunch of newer Sterns - Batman, NBA, RBION, LOTR, Spider-Man, TSPP, and POTC. Played about 4 hours straight between the two locations. Just a super night. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.