Pinball podcasts

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Added The Arcade Repair Tips Podcasts to the list - [ iTunes - RSS - Facebook ], another podcast which is mainly about retro arcade machines but there's some pinball in there too.

Also re-organised the list a little. As always if anyone knows of any pinball related podcasts not on this list please chirp in.

Last edited:

MetalGear_Yoshi

Dec 7, 2013
I have a quick question about the TPAF podcast. Do you upload it to any podcast server thingies (that's the technical term I think). I'm searching for it on Downcast through my iPhone with no luck. I found a bunch of others mentioned in the thread, however I'd love to listen to TPAF cast without having to go through my PC (which is half broken atm).

Thanks.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
If you guys haven't listened to the most recent C2C yet, I strongly recommend it. The introduction is *amazing*.

BTW If you guys hadn't noticed/cottoned-on yet, I'm the Shane that writes into Nate all the time (a few eps ago he read an email about a tournament I was in) :)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
New episode is up of the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast (the Australian one). As far as coverage and content goes, it's literally like listening to an audio version of the PAPA.tv episodes. Love the hell out of this show now, and not only because it's Australian... it's definitely my second-favourite behind Coast 2 Coast.

Also, FS should listen to Josh's comments on how the complexity of games increased when DMDs came out and do something to rectify that. Moar alpha-numerics, plz!

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
New episode is up of the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast (the Australian one). As far as coverage and content goes, it's literally like listening to an audio version of the PAPA.tv episodes. Love the hell out of this show now, and not only because it's Australian... it's definitely my second-favourite behind Coast 2 Coast.

Also, FS should listen to Josh's comments on how the complexity of games increased when DMDs came out and do something to rectify that. Moar alpha-numerics, plz!

I'm really impressed by this new podcast too, really well done, great audio quality and interesting subjects and guests.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm surprised how it's holding it's own against the more established ones. The human interest-y stories are great.

Looking Rod (the main host) up the other day on Twitter, I had no idea (but it makes sense) he hosts a breakfast radio program on one of the main FM stations in Canberra. Probably the main reason why the show got up to such a high standard so quickly.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Pinheadz is good stuff. Finished the first epidode and am currently listening to the second. I am surprised with this one as I was worried that some of the point if views would differ greatly from U.S. ones but that is not the case. The three guys have great chemistry. The show is well laid out and it's just plain fun to listen to. The one and a half to two hour shows just fly by. Looks like they're going for a monthly release and I hope they keep it up.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I've been gorging myself on pinball podcasts lately. Pinheadz is currently my favorite. It's a real all-rounder of a podcast.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Just listened to the new Pinball Soul. Short episode with Gene X Wang and Josh Blood talking about the future of the website and the podcast. Can't say I'm too surprised. Josh seemed like he was busy with his personal life and just didn't have time for the podcast. Gene's going to keep the blog going though and Josh may return with some future episodes in the future but didn't say when.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I enjoy all of the Pinball Podcasts! Looking forward to hearing that new Pinheadz episode. I saw on Facebook today or posted yesterday that Coast 2 Coast also has a new episode out. Mentioned he played at a laundromat in New York on the new Star Trek pinball table. I went through all of the pinball and classic arcade game podcasts and got every back episode I could download. I listened to all of the Coast 2 Coast ones last weekend while playing TPA and really enjoyed them. I like hearing his girlfriend on the show also I hope he puts some pictures of her on the Coast 2 Coast pinball page.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I enjoy all of the Pinball Podcasts! Looking forward to hearing that new Pinheadz episode. I saw on Facebook today or posted yesterday that Coast 2 Coast also has a new episode out. Mentioned he played at a laundromat in New York on the new Star Trek pinball table. I went through all of the pinball and classic arcade game podcasts and got every back episode I could download. I listened to all of the Coast 2 Coast ones last weekend while playing TPA and really enjoyed them. I like hearing his girlfriend on the show also I hope he puts some pictures of her on the Coast 2 Coast pinball page.

There are some various one's of Theresa on the Coast2Coast Pinball website. They were used for a couple episode title pics. She's just as pretty as she sounds on the show. Nate's a lucky guy.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I listened to the new Coast 2 Coast and Nate read an email I wrote him asking about which Pinball Hall Of Fame he would recommend playing at. I was happy he read it I really appreciate his podcast and think it is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.