Pinball that has been featured on TV and in movies

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Pretty sure this wasn't posted yet.
TVHILIGHTS002_t607_zpsec13a756.jpg

Was watching a TV show on Animal Planet called Tanked. They ended up going making that thing. They took a trip to the Pinball Hall of Fame in the episode too.
Wonder how the fish are going to like that...

I was allways told to not "knock on the glass" om aquariums. How the hell will that feel to the fishes?

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I saw this episode a bit back and if I remember correctly the person that got the storage unit was not allowed to have the pinball machine...what a bummer.
A video on Checkpoint from TNT Amusement, interesting to watch this channel over all if you like pinball :)

Last edited:
N

netizen

I was thinking: "Wow, that might actually be period-accurate!" But it's not: that Spot-A-Card is from 1960.

Yeah they probably wanted to go for the Poker Face appearance but odds are 1950s era machines were just as hard to find then. Especially if any of them were ever shipped overseas.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
The speed detection of Checkpoint is a really cool feature.
Now I want to have this machine in TPA.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
According to an ad on kijiji the prop kiss table from detroit rock city is on sale in London ontario about two hours away from me. Has a COA apparently too.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Have any of you watched the new FX show Legit? It stars fellow Australian Jim Jefferies, and I remember seeing a pinball in one of the first episodes but never had a chance to make it out. Now, from the last episode (just aired) I've discovered two!
S1KTQ7nl.jpg

Something else I found a little while back... you guys may know Cayle George, works for Valve as a level designer (I think?) and is one of the top 5 (I'm pretty sure) ranked players in the world. Here's some of his work, straight from his website. As far as I know, these are all shots from the retail game and are NOT an aftermarket game mod:
5Ed5J8Nl.jpg

ei9APCAl.jpg

vZjUblKl.jpg

(apologies for that derail... figured it was better posted here than having a separate thread created for it)

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
There is an episode of Good Luck Charlie where they go to a rich guys house, and he has a White Water! The topper was taken off, I guess so they didn't need to bother with licenses.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Another Tim Arnold and pinball sighting from AMERICAN RESTORATION. This episode he was commissioned to help restore a bear shooting gallery game, he added a new modern computer board and an LED in the gun so it wouldnt break when people slammed the gun and it is brighter and will last longer.
IMG_5271_zps5e3d9583.jpg

PARTY ZONE getting the shop out treatment in the back.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.