Pintastic New England - The regions first pinball expo!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well today is the big day! It's going to be fun! Hope to see you there if you are going!

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I played Big Bang Bar and got an airball trapped on the left side resting on the tube!!!! Then I played Scared Stiff and got the ball caught in the corner of the crate. I think they were ready to cut off my wrist band. :)

Gary

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I played Big Bang Bar and got an airball trapped on the left side resting on the tube!!!! Then I played Scared Stiff and got the ball caught in the corner of the crate. I think they were ready to cut off my wrist band. :)

Gary

Sorry I couldnt talk to you today. I definitely saw you walking around but I was never able to talk in person.

However, I was able to meet Nightwing in person. He's such an awesome guy! Thanks for hanging out! =D

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I would love to be there but I'm not going to cut my vacation on the Cape short for pinball. I hope you all have a good time and maybe I'll see you there next year.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I was also surprised to see a Earth Wind Fire by Zaccaria.

oaaa_earthwindfire.jpg

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I just posted over at Pinside about my first day. Here are some excerpts from that post:

I'm having a great time,especially considering this is my first show of this type I've ever attended. I've met many nice people,and gotten to play some tables that I never would have otherwise. I'm going to have a lot of stuff for my show for sure. Highlights of my week so far include: (in no particular order)

Getting to meet and briefly talk with Roger Sharpe (really hoping I'm able to get an interview with him today)

Andrew Heighway & Full Throttle - what an absolute delight! Andrew was awesome during his interview with me (and we later talked about our love for the Alien films (well,the first two anyways) - and I really liked Full Throttle too. The screen under the playfield works - and I hope his company has nothing but success.

Getting to talk with some of the featured speakers - like Hugh & David. Looking forward to catching David's talk later today.

Jay Poux,who's over from France filming a pinball documentary. You can tell from talking to him just how much he loves pinball. Looking forward to seeing his finished work.

Dan & Tess from Project Pinball. What an excellent project that is! You can feel the love that they have for that endeavor - and I hope it's supported for many years to come.

Getting to meet & play a few games with Capt. B'Zarre from the TPAF (pinball arcade fan forums) I love TPA for what it is. It'll never replace real pinball - but it's still a blast to play! We played some games of which he usually wiped the floor with me If he sticks with it,could see him become a good ranked pinball player. (for the record,he destroyed me in The Sopranos,Guns & Roses,and The Hobbit. I somehow managed to beat him in WOZ though :) )

Of course,getting to play some awesome machines,many of which I've never seen before in person. Highlights so far:

Central Park (since I want to play the real counterpart of every Pinball Arcade table,so hoping Flight 2000 is working later)

Full Throttle

The Shadow (one of my all time favorites)

Lorenzo's TAF Gold edition...never ever thought I ever see one,much less play one!

I honestly didn't get to play as much pinball as I would have liked. But I'm looking forward to more time on the JJP tables,that gorgeous looking CFTBL table in the free play area,the P3 table,and Big Bang Bar,to name a few.

Have a bunch of more footage to get later,including more of the vendors & speakers (Jersey Jack being a priority)and just having another fun day!

I'll get some pictures up at some point - also hoping to do a video walkthrough in a few minutes. I'll post later about today.If you see me on the floor,stop by and say hi!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Getting to meet & play a few games with Capt. B'Zarre from the TPAF (pinball arcade fan forums) I love TPA for what it is. It'll never replace real pinball - but it's still a blast to play! We played some games of which he usually wiped the floor with me If he sticks with it,could see him become a good ranked pinball player. (for the record,he destroyed me in The Sopranos,Guns & Roses,and The Hobbit. I somehow managed to beat him in WOZ though :)

Thanks for the shout out, man! Can't wait for you to interview me today! I'm so hyped! :D

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'd love to thank [MENTION=976]Nightwing[/MENTION] today for being able to interview me among such other pinball greats like Dennis Nordman. Plus, I'd like to thank Dennis Nordman himself for taking the time to talk with me, take a picture with me, and allowing me to get his autograph. :)

Jay

May 19, 2012
Wow. I should've checked here before I went today. I didn't know word had spread.

I had a fun time. I think the most impressive sight was the crowd of people. Pinball lives! And there were lots of kids there too, which bodes well for the future of pinball. For those who couldn't get there, I have a mini walk-thru of the event:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Wow. I should've checked here before I went today. I didn't know word had spread.

I had a fun time. I think the most impressive sight was the crowd of people. Pinball lives! And there were lots of kids there too, which bodes well for the future of pinball. For those who couldn't get there, I have a mini walk-thru of the event:

Watching your walkthrough now.
BTW, the news crew that you saw interviewing that vendor? That was me :)
Totally agree with you on the art arcade stuff also.

Jay

May 19, 2012
BTW, the news crew that you saw interviewing that vendor? That was me :)

Wow. Were you interviewing Ed (from Art for the Arcade) just before that? I went over to buy one of his tables at that point, but didn't want to interrupt his interview.

I also really liked Pinbox 3000. I've made my own machines out of wood, but never could get the responsive action he gets from cardboard flippers. Pinbox looks like it will be a hit.

BTW, here's the table I bought from Ed.

honey.jpg

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Wow. Were you interviewing Ed (from Art for the Arcade) just before that? I went over to buy one of his tables at that point, but didn't want to interrupt his interview.]

Yes, it was me. I got so much footage,which I'm just going over,and everything did come out. It's going to take a while to get everything into shape but here are some things you guys can look forward to seeing:

Interviews with among others:

Dennis Nordman & Greg Freres
Gerry Stellenberg & his P3 table
Andrew Heighway & his Full Throttle tables
The people from Project Pinball
Jersey Jack Guarneari,owner of Jersey Jack Pinball
VP Cabs
&
Roger Sharpe.

The show was awesome. My only regrets are - being so busy that I could only catch a couple of the seminars online and not in person,and not being able to play either the new Kiss table or Flight 2000.

As I get segments edited & online,I'll let you know.

karl

May 10, 2012
I need more reviews of Full Throttle from the people who was on the floor. My full Throttle machine is only a couple of weeks away.(I hope) Reading the reviews helps the time fly by faster and is great for building up the anticipation level(already in the danger zone) :D

Looking forward to your interview with Andrew, Nightwing. Please post the link when it is up and running

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I need more reviews of Full Throttle from the people who was on the floor. My full Throttle machine is only a couple of weeks away.(I hope) Reading the reviews helps the time fly by faster and is great for building up the anticipation level(already in the danger zone) :D

Looking forward to your interview with Andrew, Nightwing. Please post the link when it is up and running

I can't say enough nice things about Andrew Heighway. He was engaging,gracious,and down to earth. I got gameplay footage with the glass off (though I was horrible at it). I gotta tell you Karl, I liked FT a lot!

Even though it's a wide body - it plays fast! Has a ton of "flow" to it. I think you are going to be happy with your purchase .

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I can't say enough nice things about Andrew Heighway. He was engaging,gracious,and down to earth. I got gameplay footage with the glass off (though I was horrible at it). I gotta tell you Karl, I liked FT a lot!

I haven't met him, but I was at the UK Pinball Party last year, which he organises, so I've seen him running around. Disappointed that this year it will be held in their warehouses in Wales, as that is too far for me to travel. I would go back in an instant!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
[MENTION=2355]Captain B. Zarre[/MENTION]: How was the pingolf? Sounds like a cool idea for a tournament. What kind of goals were set for the tables, is it only scores or to reach a certain mode? Were you happy with your games?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.