Play The PS4 Version Today ! (In Select Locations)

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Sorry for misreading you Mark. Funny how we experience things lika a controller so different. I had no problem with the R1/L1 triggers and some prefer the linear placement of PS3/PS4 sticks. I really like the PS4 so I'm gonna try the controller some more.. Yeah, I could also wait for a third party "Xbox style" controller to arrive.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
You guys both misread me (or maybe I mistyped :-/) what I was talking about was actually the R1/L1 triggers, not the sticks. I actually found the sticks to be amazing, a massive improvement from those old 90's sticks on the PS3 pads and the linear placement does not bother me at all. Overall I love the controller and I don't think that should be a deal breaker for anyone: 360 or Xbox One converters will come, surely, just like on PS3/360.

utblick said the left thumb stick so I did not misread you at all. I didn't actually quote you.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I played the demo at my local best buy and suffice it to say I was fairly disappointed. It could be the TV but the DMD looked all muddy and the lighting just seemed weird to me.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I played the demo at my local best buy and suffice it to say I was fairly disappointed. It could be the TV but the DMD looked all muddy and the lighting just seemed weird to me.

I think that demo must be the same version as the Sony kiosk version because there's nothing muddy about the version that FarSight has been taking to shows.

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
I have played it today at Target store and didnt like it.
I don't know but ball was too slow for me. I have TPA on 360 and PC and i could feel the difference.
Lighting was good but if we are getting same thing on PC i will stick it with PC version. Overall was ok but wouldn't buy PS4 just for it

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wish they could update that version that's out in the stores and kiosks because I think people don't know that it's a few versions old.

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
Finally had a chance today to go to my local Best Buy and check out the PS4, primarily for the PS4 demo of TPA. I was impressed with the overal graphics and lighting of Cirqus Voltaire, the only table you can play. I will agree with the other posts, the dmd on the demo version is muddy and not as good graphically as the table. But with this being an early version, I'm sure it has been improved. I did adjust the lighting to the darkest setting, and the light show was pretty cool. I'm curious to see how the adjustments for the room lighting will be on the released version. I only wonder this because watching that video review clip on twitch, the settings were neutral, bright, and dark. Well, on the demo version, it was a number adjustment in increments of .10 from .50 down to .10 being the darkest. Those were the settings I played with, not sure if it went brighter than .50.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I finally got to play the demo today at BB. The thing that impressed me the most was the crisp gameplay with no lag whatsoever. Of course CV plays a little slow and easy to begin with but it seemed like there might even be improved physics too, has FS commented about that at all? Visually it looked good too but that almost seemed secondary.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I finally got to play the demo today at BB. The thing that impressed me the most was the crisp gameplay with no lag whatsoever. Of course CV plays a little slow and easy to begin with but it seemed like there might even be improved physics too, has FS commented about that at all? Visually it looked good too but that almost seemed secondary.

The physics are most definitely improved and the current version is a bit better than the demo version in the stores.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The PS4 Demo, CV is extremely slow and floaty.

The ball feels like a solid object though and that's nice.

Lighting is pretty good, and I think the DMD issue is more oversaturation than filtering, I noticed that it seems to improve a bit when the room is brighter.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
That's good to hear since the demo version was already pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and seeing how some of the faster tables play with the improved engine.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Many things have been improved since that demo version hit the streets.

Yeah, I guess I would have thought the low slope on CV would have been, like, the first thing to tweak, though, not a late change since it could potentially lead to a myriad of play/balance problems that would be tough to find on short notice. But we shall seeeeee

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Finally tried this tonight myself and liked it A LOT. The table looked fantastic at all lighting settings, a big improvement over the PS3 version. It played a lot better than the PS3 version but much slower and easier - I nearly tripled my PS3 high score in just one go at the demo. Gotta agree with the comments on the DMD though - it looked wretched.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Finally tried this tonight myself and liked it A LOT. The table looked fantastic at all lighting settings, a big improvement over the PS3 version. It played a lot better than the PS3 version but much slower and easier - I nearly tripled my PS3 high score in just one go at the demo. Gotta agree with the comments on the DMD though - it looked wretched.

Oh no not easier! That is the wrong direction. After playing a fair bit of the PA Steam version in a cabinet, and then going back to VP tables I have to say I prefer the VP feel. The PA physics are great, don't get me wrong, and they are debatably a touch better than the VP ones, however the slope settings, flipper strength is set to be way too easy. I can't wait for adjustmentsbto be possible in PA.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, I guess I would have thought the low slope on CV would have been, like, the first thing to tweak, though, not a late change since it could potentially lead to a myriad of play/balance problems that would be tough to find on short notice. But we shall seeeeee

It could be that the slope on CV won't be optimal. Now I don't remember if I played it. But there are many things that are better on the version that I played vs the version that's in stores.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.