Request PlayStation Home Integration for Pinball Arcade

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Speaking of being older/young of heart...

Okay, way off on a tangent here, but funny story in this vein. So back when Guitar Hero 3 was just released, a local music store decided to have a competition. Top prize was an electric guitar, 2nd place an acoustic. I called and asked if they were gonna be doing age groups and such, and they said yes. I show up the day of, and there's a ton of kids and a lot of adults my age or slightly older (mid 30's at the time). As I'm standing around waiting my turn, I'm talking with a few of the other adults. I ask them if they've played yet, and that's when I find out they are there for their kid. Turns out the next oldest person to me that was competing was a 16 year old! I felt like such a tool.

But not so much of a tool that I didn't mind taking home my 2nd place new acoustic guitar!

Besides, got my butt handed to me by a 12 year old.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Knocking up a few replica dummy tables for PS Home would take mere minutes for Far Sight and would be good fan service.

Either making them a purchase option that would then auto launch the game from within Home, or merely dummy tables as an item of furniture serving as good advertising for the game within Home. It would be nice to have a dummy table as an unlock reward for completing standard or wizard goals.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
People actually use PlayStation home?

I installed it the first week I bought my PS3 , just to experience it , uninstalled it after 2-3 months , but I'd probably install it again if The Pinball Arcade decided to use it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The idea of having virtual pins that you could arrange however you'd like sounds great, but I'd rather have this done "in game". The amount of time it takes to go from the virtual machine in Home to the actual game is just long enough to break the illusion.

The Namco Arcade and DL's Dragon's Lair/Space Ace are good examples of this.
I want nothing more than to design my own arcade that others could visit, hang out, chat, and play games,
But I don't think Home pulls it off.

I'd settle for co-op online with voice chat and being able to arrange the list of pins in the order I choose over
Waiting for my PS3 to switch from Home to boot up TPA everytime I want to play a table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts