Poor, Poor Paragon

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
So I bought this Paragon playfield for $45. Why? Because it's f*cking awesome! Paul Faris's artwork on this game is gorgeous. The dude and the lady are modeled after Faris and his wife. No sh1t! Before I strip it, clean and wax it for some sweet a$$ wall art, I thought I'd take some before pics. I completely credit Santiago Ciuffo's sick shot of a totally trashed Stern Nine Ball from the Pinball Book as my influence. I'll post some "after" pics when I get it done...maybe the spring. :) On a side note I do have the "20" insert that's missing from the photo. It fell out and I found it in my driveway. :rolleyes:

image upload no resize

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Wow. Looks awesome. You gonna build it from the ground up or just the playfield? Thanks for sharing the pics and the info!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Wow. Looks awesome. You gonna build it from the ground up or just the playfield? Thanks for sharing the pics and the info!

It's just a partially populated playfield in no better than fair shape...even after cleaning. Wouldn't be worth installing to be played again. I'll harvest all the parts off the back for future use and some of the front. It still has all its light sockets, some coils and mechs. Good stuff if usable again. Then I'll clean the playfield and wax it. I'll clean the remaining plastics, posts and screws and reinstall them. It will look good hanging on my wall. Will complement my beat Xenon playfield.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
That's some cool artwork but in terrible shape! :( I actually was surprised when I walked up to an AC/DC a few years ago and the playfield looked quite a bit like this one, with the black bubbling or dirt or whatever it is.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
That's some cool artwork but in terrible shape! :( I actually was surprised when I walked up to an AC/DC a few years ago and the playfield looked quite a bit like this one, with the black bubbling or dirt or whatever it is.

Don't worry. It'll look much nicer when I'm done. :cool:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I did have some time this summer before moving to finish stripping and cleaning this playfield. Now, it's hanging in my new pinball room. Trust me, it looks a lot better than it did. Really heavy though and I had to get some stronger picture wire and mounts because the first ones I used broke. :eek:

image sharing sites

image ru

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.