Popeye Saves The Earth

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's not really that great, in my opinion. Especially considering the era it came from. The art is nice but the table looks a bit cheap. Speaking of cheap, the outlanes are awful and lots of shots are difficult because they are obscured by other parts of the game. Finally the tree-hugger theme gets to be a little much. Would be better to just stick to classic Popeye but I guess they figured that did not offer enough variety to create the wizard mode it has. It is very challenging though so if you want a tough game, this is one of the more difficult games ever created.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
They have one near where I live played it a couple times . thought it was ok.then again never met a table I did not like. Right now its out of order

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Not only was the game itself not particularly fun, but it was prone to a horde of mechanical issues and tended to be out of order a lot.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
From earlier thread last year, PopEye Saves the Earth ranks as one of the lowest on IPDB , and for good reasons , it wont be coming to The Pinball Arcade unless someone donates the machine and it's IP rights to FarSight , and even then .

N

netizen

It looks like a design that could work as a digital table, mostly because the toys won't breakdown once digitized.

I see some elements that are used in certain ZEN tables quite successfully.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think I recall seeing this as a kid at BULLWINKLES in socal. but I was busy playing PIT FIGHTER loved that game!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
From earlier thread last year, PopEye Saves the Earth ranks as one of the lowest on IPDB , and for good reasons , it wont be coming to The Pinball Arcade unless someone donates the machine and it's IP rights to FarSight , and even then .

It has a 7.0, which isn't even close to "one of the lowest".

Victory is rated lower and it's a confirmed table.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Not a big Popeye fan and I have played this in two different locations. I just don't find it entertaining and Farscape could find much better ways to spend their money IMHO.

Gary

Members online

Members online