Post-Xmas update thing

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
Wow! What a hectic couple of weeks there! We released Twilight Zone, Star Trek, had a fan visit and post about it, had a lot of internal bugs to work out, celebrated the 12 Days of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, and finished out the year pretty well. I know that some people are still having issues and let me speak on that for a minute.

We have now implemented a feature that was debuted with Twilight Zone that links your kickstarter entitlements to your Farsight account. Twilight Zone, Star Trek, the pro versions, all of it. Needless to say, this was something we had never done before, and it was done out of a necessity. We can't hand out dlc codes for ios in app purchases. They don't allow it. I think Google has a similar policy. So, we tied your reward to your account. Easy enough, but I didn't realize how many people wouldn't have a farsight account or wouldn't have the same email for both. Also, due to security concerns, we can't just merge the two accounts as some had suggested. There were a lot of bumps with the release of TZ and the way Apple handled Star Trek was a bit of a head scratcher, but they are out in the world now, and people are happy.
Two quick notes before I move on:
#1 We have not forgotten about the console people, nor are we considering our releases complete until the PS3 AND the 360 are playing these tables. We now have a publisher for the 360 so this means progress in that direction. More info to come as I have it.
#2 Despite being tied to your Farsight account, it will not carry over platforms, as we specify which platforms those entitlements are applied to. For example, if you get TZ for android, you can use your farsight account on an ios just fine, but you won't get TZ. The exception to this is those that pledged $100 or more.

Now that the holidaze are behind us, we are moving full steam ahead with the next release, Attack from Mars and Genie. Great tables, I have a lot of fun playing both.

Our tournaments are bringing a lot of people to us, just shy of 4,000!!! Insane! The Attack from Mars bundle will include the special ball for the top winners of the tournament.

If any of you have issues with kickstarter redemption, please PM me here. I'd rather it not be sent to support, so they can focus on bugs and whatnot.
I guess that's about it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for the updates. Really excited for the PSN updates. Looking forward to playing the new stuff on my Vita!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
We now have a publisher for the 360 so this means progress in that direction.

gTUBN.gif

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Great post Rob, please keep us informed regularly with updates of this kind.

Oh and happy new year.

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
I don't foresee any more holidaze interfering with me updating the Multitudes every so often. (Alternate fan community nickname suggestions also welcome)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
PIN_BEAR :p When tournaments are available for console will you offer the ball skin again? I'd hate to miss out on that because we dont have tournaments yet. HAPPY NEW YEAR now GET BACK TO WORK! :D

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
We will not exclude the consoles or the PC from this. It may not be the same skin, but an original skin all the same. We don't know yet.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
We will not exclude the consoles or the PC from this. It may not be the same skin, but an original skin all the same. We don't know yet.

I meant in terms of the actual table releases, not so much the skins.

Thanks again for keeping us updated.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I meant the SKINS. I dont want to miss something because my platform of choice doesn't have tournaments yet and I hope tournaments are platform specific.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I'd really like to see the upcoming Wii U version mentioned along side the 360 and PS3, when FS employees are talking about console versions at this point...

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
So who's the new publisher, or are you not allowed to reveal who it is yet?

hey really think they don't tell us because they forgot to? They aint saying until the law dogs say so, and the ink is dry on the contracts , the vibe Im getting is the new publisher will be solving all of FarSights distribution issues .

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Why can't you release a demo version of the PC beta for people to test and purchase the tables if they wish, similar to how it's done on Android?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Why can't you release a demo version of the PC beta for people to test and purchase the tables if they wish, similar to how it's done on Android?

Purchase tables from where? For the Android platform, the purchases are made through the google play store.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts