PP fix for AMD gpus

JTenebrous

Nov 6, 2013
Same here. Finally!

+1! Everything's a bit blurry, but hey, still a big improvement imo :). This'll go a way towards helping me be patient for the DX11 lighting upgrades and the texture upgrades (on which FS has been conspicuously silent, but I'm going to pretend that this has been flagged as "super important/high priority").

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Confirmed, and not just for that driver version... I installed an older one as per the original post and it's working fine on that too :)

So happy!

Jun 29, 2013
It worked for me last night but Today when I went to play with PP On all I got was a Black screen.The menus show up but the tables don't.I haven't changed any settings since last night so I don't know why it stopped working.

Update-- I just Unchecked Enable Steam Community In-Game and now PP is Back to Working Fine with no problems. Hopefully no more problems

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Tested on AMD 7750 (desktop) and Nvidia 740 (laptop).... Jaggies have now gone from the AMD 7750 but now both versions now have a problem with fuzzy looking graphics. Texture detail/sharpness had dropped quite a lot and the PP lighting effect doesn't look as pronounced as it did with the previous release (on Nvidia at least). The hit on texture detail is evident whether PP is enabled or not.

Last edited:

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
Tested on AMD 7750 (desktop) and Nvidia 740 (laptop).... Jaggies have now gone from the AMD 7750 but now both versions now have a problem with fuzzy looking graphics. Texture detail/sharpness had dropped quite a lot and the PP lighting effect doesn't look as pronounced as it did with the previous release (on Nvidia at least). The hit on texture detail is evident whether PP is enabled or not.

Same here, when I played TPA or a while with PP on I could feel the PP lightning being a bit "calm" and dull, not that bright and full like it used to with the pervious version. Maybe its just me. If anyone else can confirm this?

Jun 29, 2013
I have to Turn off PP Now with my ATI 5700 Since This is what Happens Most of the Time when I have it turned on.
238260_2013-11-26_00001.png

Last edited:

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Maybe we should move on from this thread to an 'Optimal Settings' thread? One tip for AMD uses I found is that Super Sampling instead of Multi-Samping offers noticeably superior anti-aliasing results, the weakness of multi-sampling is particularly noticeable on lower resolutions such as 1366x768. The difference can be seen at 2560x1440, but not nearly so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts