Pro Pinball

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I've been pretty impressed by the physics, done a few ( accidental :) ) live catches. Am I correct in thinking these physics are actually the old original physics and that there is an update coming that will improve them a lot?

Yes. Update with ball spin and air humidity effecting playfield friction (joke) is coming.
We'll see about improvements, but they have shown that they understand what they are doing.
There will be a switch between old and new though

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
In a lot of ways, Pro Pinball is about the closest you'll get to a real pin and Zen on the other hand is much closer to the furthest.

I have Zen in my cabinet but I never touch it nowadays. The main reason is the physics. It seems like the flippers have glue on them or are magnetic - it just kills the game. I am sure they can tune their engine to be more like real pinball, but they choose not to. A lot of people love them though, they still promote the game of pinball, so good luck to them.

Now the Timeshock physics - can't praise these enough :).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

ha yeah, I didn't want to say it was the furthest thing from a real pin since there are several pinball games out there that are worse in terms of realism, but it's definitely much closer to that side of the spectrum than Pro Pinball, while TPA would be somewhere in the middle.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I agree Jeff. The thing that impresses me the most about Timeshock is the learning curve. This is exactly like a proper table and this is where TPA is off. You can play a table for the first time and play for like 30 mins.

crazzzycanuuuk

Feb 5, 2015
For those that may not know, Timeshock is presently being designed into an actual real pinball machine by the guys at Silver Castle Pinball, a dutch company. The Whiteboard was presented at the Dutch Pinball Open in November. I for one plan to by one when it's finished. The game is perfect for home use because the challenge of mastering the machine is immense and the rules are very deep. Plus the toys are just plain cool and the music and callouts are sexy.

Here's an article about producing the real machine:
http://pavlovpinball.com/silver-castles-timeshock-the-inside-story/

Here's a video of the Timeshock prototype presented in November:
http://vimeo.com/110674195

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In their dev diaries today they mentioned they worked on some iOS fixes last week including a nudge sensitivity slider, plus this:

'Started processing first Android graphics data'.

So on the horizon.
Sweet. Been away a while and between this and DX11 and the next table I came back to some cool developments

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Well worth the $7. Actually, worth quite a bit more. But I am happy with the price.
As far as the game goes. Wow. Amazing. One reviewer said Zen pinball was better and gave it one star. Yeah right. In Zens dreams.
This is by far the mot realistic pinball table out there, can't wait for their cabinet treatment for this masterpiece. Amazing!! 6 out of 5 stars

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
esmb88.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts