Problems with Galaxy S6

kmet14

Jun 19, 2013
I am having problems with Pinball Arcade on my s6. When I start the app and the Google play avtentications pops up if I change from portrait to landscape the app freezes, then I have to wait about a minute before I can close it. Anyone else having these issues?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not exactly that, but I've had issues switching between Landscape and Portrait and the app crashing.
This is with a Note 4 on LP5.0.1
I also get frame rate drop when the camera pans from table to plunger lane.

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
I keep having issues with my s5 keeps crashing everytime I switch from portrait to landscape. Only started happening since tournament started. I hope this gets fixed. If there is one.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
I thought they fixed the portrait to landscape crashing with the Xenon update? At least thats what the changelog says....

Anyhoo...@ Baron, what tables are you experiencing the lag/frame drop? I cant say ive seen this on my s6, but i havent played in a couple weeks, nor have i played every table i own. (I have seen a tiny bit of "stutter" on a couple of tables when the ball drops down a habitrail to an inlane/flipper, but its barely noticable) I havent updated to Xenon yet, perhaps its the recent build? I can test the previous version vs. the Xenon update if you guys would like.

Last edited:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I can reproduce this on my new S6. Rotating the phone while the Google play notification is up causes the app to crash (and no Google, I don't want a Google+ account. Piss off.) The phone becomes unresponsive until android asks if you want to kill the app or you reset the phone.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I thought they fixed the portrait to landscape crashing with the Xenon update? At least thats what the changelog says....

Anyhoo...@ Baron, what tables are you experiencing the lag/frame drop? I cant say ive seen this on my s6, but i havent played in a couple weeks, nor have i played every table i own. (I have seen a tiny bit of "stutter" on a couple of tables when the ball drops down a habitrail to an inlane/flipper, but its barely noticable) I havent updated to Xenon yet, perhaps its the recent build? I can test the previous version vs. the Xenon update if you guys would like.
Can be any table, it tends to build having played for more than a minute. You can see it when the camera pans but also in the ball movement occasionally. It was doing it in this pack (xenon) and the previous (didn't have the phone before then).

I did notice that the mipmap option doesn't appear to make any change on this device. On my old N7 you can see a real difference between on and off.
I don't know if that's the cause. This device is 515ppi display and a good size. Display is a little oversharp in that you can read tiny inserts right at the back of the table. Could do with a way to decrease the res for performance maybe.

I play/use quite a few graphically demanding games and apps and TPA is the only one giving any issues. Typical eh.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts